Huntington-Vinton County matchup It gonna happen

Swampfox
Freshman Team

Huntington-Vinton County matchup It gonna happen

Post by Swampfox »

The Hoops Committee would like to thank the cooperation and effort between the two teams to make this event happen. They wanted to play this game as much if not more than the fans wanted to watch it.

The Huntington – Vinton County Holzer Clinic Hoops Invitational matchup has been rescheduled for December 28.2007. The game will be played at Vinton County High School as part of a tripleheader. The freshman game will start at 5:00 PM followed by a junior varsity game which will be followed by the main event. Tickets will cost $5 with the doors opening at 4:30 PM. Hoops tickets will be honored for this event.

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

This is great news and will be a better game and I for one will be in attendence. Cant wait.

GO VIKES!!!!!

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

Wonderful news.

Even though I'm a passionate VC fan, I honestly think they will have to play their best game of the year to even have a chance. The VC guards best buckle up and handle the ball with care. Kellough is, far and away, the best(and fastest) guard VC will see so far this year.

Will VC be playing next year at Huntington or is this a one time deal?

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

This really is great news. Glad to hear that the game is being played. Best of luck to VC, represent the TVC well. Best wishes from Fed Hock.

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
OSU BUCKS FAN
Freshman Team

Post by OSU BUCKS FAN »

i totally agree with ty webb .... huntington is a good ball club...
josh kellough is pretty darn good!!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

kudos to Huntington for playing at VC

VC by 10

OSU BUCKS FAN
Freshman Team

Post by OSU BUCKS FAN »

i cant predict this one because i havent seen vc play and anybody can win on any given night !!!!

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

I hope the Hoops committee picks the refs, so if VC wins (which won't be easy), the refs should not be an issue.
Going to be a tough game either way. cOULD depend on which teams supporting players step it up a notch.
Huntsmen going to try to shut down Dut & Stewie. While the Vikes will attempt to slow down Kellough,
Both teams will have their hands full.
Gotta go with Vikes by 5 @ home.
GO VIKES

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

I have seen both teams play....I definately give Vikes the edge especially at home. Huntsmen have the best guard but Vikes have the best team. I believe the Vikes size will be too much for the Huntsmen. Should be a good game. Well worth the 5 bucks.

MOBSTERMAN
Freshman Team

Post by MOBSTERMAN »

This will be tough for vc
but i think playing in vc is a def advantage
after watching them play for the 1st time(southeastern)
i think they def need to fix some things
dustin will get his but the guards will have 2 buckle down against hunt
they were a little loosey goosey (w/ the exception of grillo) against se and lucky for them se couldnt take advantage of that (not that it would have mattered much)
i think this will be a challenge with the speed the kellough kid
this will be a good one

Return to “Boys Basketball”