PVC Outlook 2016-17

Pvcfan20
Waterboy

PVC Outlook 2016-17

Post by Pvcfan20 »

Still a long time a way and a lot of work needs put in but I believe Fort should win the league. Justin Anderson is the best player in the league. I think Trail will come next with Dounda leading trail he is the best big man in the league. Monroe Central, Caldwell, and Shenandoah could fall anywhere between 3-5. Then Frontier will be at the bottom of the league after losing Camino, Methany, and Larson. The Jv was lacking any talent should be a tough senior for the cougars.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Re: PVC basketball (2016-2017)

Post by redskinwitness »

While I agree that Fort is the likely favorite they also only return one starter and three varsity players and I always say you are the champion until someone takes it from you:
1. Caldwell-Ivey, Farnese, Hupp, Farkas, Heller. Will take a step back but will be a quality team. I'd say they finish just behind the Cadets at the end of the season.
2. Fort Frye-Anderson, Bradford, Engle. The leagues best player will have a huge senior season.
3. Trail-Last year in the league. Doudna, Pontius, McCall. Should be improved but we shall see.
4. Shenandoah-Is the coach back? Return the whole team but they were a dumpster fire this year.
5. Central-Returns the Duffy kid and a terrible JV squad. The future is dim in Woodsfield.
6. Frontier-The two post players return and nothing else. They had the worst JV team I've seen in the league in a long time.

MC Noles SportsFan
Freshman Team

Post by MC Noles SportsFan »

redskinwitness wrote:While I agree that Fort is the likely favorite they also only return one starter and three varsity players and I always say you are the champion until someone takes it from you:
1. Caldwell-Ivey, Farnese, Hupp, Farkas, Heller. Will take a step back but will be a quality team. I'd say they finish just behind the Cadets at the end of the season.
2. Fort Frye-Anderson, Bradford, Engle. The leagues best player will have a huge senior season.
3. Trail-Last year in the league. Doudna, Pontius, McCall. Should be improved but we shall see.
4. Shenandoah-Is the coach back? Return the whole team but they were a dumpster fire this year.
5. Central-Returns the Duffy kid and a terrible JV squad. The future is dim in Woodsfield
6. Frontier-The two post players return and nothing else. They had the worst JV team I've seen in the league in a long time.

A bunch of off season work needed here.

J_Manziel2
Freshman Team

Post by J_Manziel2 »

I hope Caldwell can go back-to-back but it's a very slim chance. Will be very young and inexperienced playing varsity. Probably lose 95% of their scoring and all their leadership. Fort will go undefeated in the league for football and basketball. Book it

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye also returns 6-3 soon to Sr Jacob Prittchard.He started every game this past season. Luke Nelson is going to be really good as a soph. Hopefully they can get Casey Lewis to play as he would become teams 2nd best player and one of the leagues best ball handlers.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye : Losses - Carter Kiefer, Carter Lang , Derek Layton Fort potential starters : Justin Anderson Sr, Jacob Pritchard Sr , Grayson Schott Jr , Tyler Bradford Sr , Tate Engle So. Bench : Luke Nelson So , Bryson Schilling Jr Ben Wagner Jr A few names are at the tip of my tongue from the JV team that went 17-3

buckcc
Freshman Team

Post by buckcc »

Where's the league headed after Trail leaves,are they going to try to add anyone, the league is not a very strong league

Brutus
Waterboy

Post by Brutus »

I think the PVC is trying to add schools, but hasn't had any luck.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Casey Lewis is playing for Fort Frye next season. I think he instantly becomes the missing player.A quick true PG that can get to the rim.

buckcc
Freshman Team

Post by buckcc »

Is Shadyside interested ,or are they to far in travel , I wonder who else they tried to get to join. or is the PVL on there last leg.

PVCGuru
Freshman Team

Post by PVCGuru »

Fort Frye wins the PVC by default next year. Some bad teams next year.

I don't see where they have left to expand. Shadyside is WAY too far for the league and has zero interest.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

I guess Coach Crane stepped down as AD at last nights board meeting. I've heard a million things from trouble with administration, to not agreeing with them hiring a board members husband as the football coach, to him taking another job. Hopefully I run into him this weekend and find out. I hope he doesn't leave as a coach, my kid loved playing for him and we actually have good basketball now.

J_Manziel2
Freshman Team

Post by J_Manziel2 »

redskinwitness wrote:I guess Coach Crane stepped down as AD at last nights board meeting. I've heard a million things from trouble with administration, to not agreeing with them hiring a board members husband as the football coach, to him taking another job. Hopefully I run into him this weekend and find out. I hope he doesn't leave as a coach, my kid loved playing for him and we actually have good basketball now.
Don't worry witness, Gaydos is so talented he can step in and basketball won't miss a beat.

Brutus
Waterboy

Post by Brutus »

Shenandoah has apparently hired a new basketball coach? Someone from Lima, I heard.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

They never should have ran out schweiterman. They probably needed to go outside the area. Who did trail hire?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Crane is staying and that's great for the PVC!!

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Also Fort Frye and Caldwell participating in Buffalo Wild Wings Classic night 1: Fort Frye vs Lancaster and Philo vs Caldwell. Night 2: Caldwell vs Lancaster and Fort Frye vs Philo

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Cadets playing in a ton of classics this year/

East Liverpool ( Buckeye 8 Classic)
Williamstown ( Ohio vs West Virginia @ Marietta College)
Lancaster and Philo ( Buffalo Wild Wings Classic)
Columbus Bishop Ready ( Route 40 Classic)

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

Fort is going to be good this year. They should win the league. Trail and Shenandoah have everyone back but I still expect Caldwell to end up ahead of both of them. Central and Frontier are gonna be terrible this year.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Almost round ball season!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”