Is meigs for real this season?

Dandy Don
All Conference

Re: Is meigs for real this season?

Post by Dandy Don »

ma77ox wrote:
Whether it was no Soda in the gym allowed by Joe Bob Hemsley or Not, Meigs had a BAD Game.
You brought it up first lol and I added some color.

It's called freedom of expression and I will use it as I see fit.

Tied for third in the TVC is my prediction you must have missed my direct answer to the question.

ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

I have seen Meigs, Athens, Alexander and Vinton County each play twice now. Vinton County has by far the best team in the TVC Ohio and Athens has by far the best basketball player in the TVC Ohio. I believe Vinton County will go undefeated in league play and Meigs, Alexander and Athens will all split their games against each other.

panthers77
Riding the Bench

Post by panthers77 »

My honest prediction is 17 to 3 I think they will win a sectional championship also

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

They are 8-0. I would say, yes, they are for real this season.

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

Most don't realize that we ended our regular season last year with 4 straight wins against Wellston, Southern, Nelsonville-York and Vinton County, then beat New Lexington in first round of tourney, then of course lost to Warren.

People Have The Right To Their Opinion, And You Have The Right To Ignore It.
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

They should win a lot more games this season. They don't play a tough schedule overall, but I don't see that as that big of a deal overall. You can only play who is on your schedule and they have taken care of business so far. If you don't get up on Jackson quickly, I can see how they would keep the game tight. If Meigs was barely holding on against everyone, then I'd see an issue.

Now, the postseason could be a bit more difficult. No one is going to walk through that Logan Sectional.
VC, Meigs - undefeated
Fairfield Union, Warren - 1 loss
Logan Elm, Sheridan, Athens - all solid to very good teams.
Whoever escapes that is definitely going to be battle tested.

Good luck to the Marauders the rest of the season.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

danicalifornia wrote:They should win a lot more games this season. They don't play a tough schedule overall, but I don't see that as that big of a deal overall. You can only play who is on your schedule and they have taken care of business so far. If you don't get up on Jackson quickly, I can see how they would keep the game tight. If Meigs was barely holding on against everyone, then I'd see an issue.

Now, the postseason could be a bit more difficult. No one is going to walk through that Logan Sectional.
VC, Meigs - undefeated

I could be misrembering (not a word) but I thought Meigs jumped out on Jackson 9-0 or 9-2

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

Ironman92 wrote:
danicalifornia wrote:They should win a lot more games this season. They don't play a tough schedule overall, but I don't see that as that big of a deal overall. You can only play who is on your schedule and they have taken care of business so far. If you don't get up on Jackson quickly, I can see how they would keep the game tight. If Meigs was barely holding on against everyone, then I'd see an issue.

VC, Meigs - undefeated

I could be misrembering (not a word) but I thought Meigs jumped out on Jackson 9-0 or 9-2
That we did, But foul trouble hit us hard that game, If I'm not mistaken our two big men both had 3 fouls on them in the 2nd quarter and then our 6th man Mahr off the bench had 3 on him as well. I only remember this cause my boy only had 2 quarters of varsity to play and they were used up in the 2nd and 3rd quarters because of foul trouble.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

ma77ox wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:

VC, Meigs - undefeated

That we did, But foul trouble hit us hard that game, If I'm not mistaken our two big men both had 3 fouls on them in the 2nd quarter and then our 6th man Mahr off the bench had 3 on him as well. I only remember this cause my boy only had 2 quarters of varsity to play and they were used up in the 2nd and 3rd quarters because of foul trouble.
I didn't recall that type of foul trouble but believe you. Good thing about your big men being in trouble is that we don't really have any big men. Though it was the 2nd qtr that you guys hit 2 or 3 quick 3's (but the games all run together a bit in my memory and it isn't as important to me as I have no one playing)

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

Ironman92 wrote:
ma77ox wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:
I didn't recall that type of foul trouble but believe you. Good thing about your big men being in trouble is that we don't really have any big men. Though it was the 2nd qtr that you guys hit 2 or 3 quick 3's (but the games all run together a bit in my memory and it isn't as important to me as I have no one playing)
Yes games do run together, I mostly remember the fouls because although a whole different set of refs, there were quite a bit in the JV game. My boy fouled out with about a minute to go in the 3rd quarter and he only averages about 2 fouls a game...lol. Although it didn't matter because back then he only played 3 quarters of JV and 2 of Varsity.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Is Coach Fry still the coach of the Marauders? I got to see Meigs last year in a scrimmage at FC and I, along with my buddy who was reffing it, thought very highly of him.

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

formerfcfan wrote:Is Coach Fry still the coach of the Marauders? I got to see Meigs last year in a scrimmage at FC and I, along with my buddy who was reffing it, thought very highly of him.
Yes he is still the Coach.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

ma77ox wrote:
formerfcfan wrote:Is Coach Fry still the coach of the Marauders? I got to see Meigs last year in a scrimmage at FC and I, along with my buddy who was reffing it, thought very highly of him.
Where all has he been. He looks very familiar. My son pointed him out as soon as he saw him as he worked the Hard Work Camp at Rio.

Deez Nuts
Waterboy

Post by Deez Nuts »

Meigs is for real. I see a lot of meigs county games and they will end up being one of meigs high schools best teams.

Ha got eem
ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

Ironman92 wrote:
ma77ox wrote:
Where all has he been. He looks very familiar. My son pointed him out as soon as he saw him as he worked the Hard Work Camp at Rio.
He was the Athletic Director at Clemson, and I think he coached a few High School Teams down South before that.

Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

Might be wrong but don't think he was Clemson Athletic Director. He was an instructor/teacher in the athletic leadership department.

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

Bird Dog wrote:Might be wrong but don't think he was Clemson Athletic Director. He was an instructor/teacher in the athletic leadership department.
Yes, Athletic Instructor.

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

PaliPuffCronie wrote:
PaliPuff wrote:
Meigs looks really slow on film.
The key to beating Meigs is already out, and yes they look really slow on film.
Meigs must be slow then, is what I'm hearing. :lol:

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

IMO It depends on your meaning of "for real".
Are they playing better basketball this year than typical? Yes.
Are they on track to post a 15+ win season? Yes
But if your meaning of "for real" is winning the TVC or getting out of the sectionals then I would say NO. As of now VC is the class of the TVC and I would be surprised if anyone in that league topples them. In addition, the Logan sectional is going to be loaded with the likes of VC, FU, Warren, Logan Elm, Sheriden etc...
I think Meigs is an improved team but until they make it out of the sectionals or win the conference I wouldn't say they are "for real"

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

Binary wrote:
PaliPuffCronie wrote:
PaliPuff wrote:
Meigs looks really slow on film.
The key to beating Meigs is already out, and yes they look really slow on film.
Meigs must be slow then, is what I'm hearing. :lol:
Slow? We are a very fast team, possibly why we average right at 70 points a game.

Return to “Boys Basketball”