2024 All-Ohio Division II and I Boys Basketball Teams Announced

Post by radiodavel »

2024 All-Ohio Division II and I Boys Basketball Teams Announced
https://statelinesportsnetwork.net/2024 ... -announced

Hookshot
Varsity

Re: 2024 All-Ohio Division II and I Boys Basketball Teams Announced

Post by Hookshot »

Congratulations to Marietta's Alex Kendall for earning 1st Team All-Ohio honors.

TigerFan15
Riding the Bench

Post by TigerFan15 »

The last first team All Ohio boys basketball player for Marietta was Frank Christie in I believe, 1962. Several second team honorees in Bill Ross, Doug Bentz and Ben Howlett. Ross (COL) and Bentz (SEOAL) played in the old AAA division when Ohio only had three divisions at that time. I’m not totally sure on Ben Howlett (SEOAL) but he deserved it regardless of however divisions were comprised by the OHSAA at that time. I’m sure I’m missing a few and apologize if so but my intent is to show just how rare the company is that Alex Kendall is keeping by being named First Team All Ohio for Marietta in 2024. Only the second player in sixty two years! Alex is also one of the finest young men you will ever meet who earned this award through good ole fashioned hard work by putting in thousands of hours in the gym. I’m sure there were others who were just as deserving but in this case, a huge congratulations goes out to Alex Kendall. Marietta couldn’t be prouder and happier for you! Well done!

SouthEast Hoops Fan
Freshman Team

Post by SouthEast Hoops Fan »

TigerFan15 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:40 am The last first team All Ohio boys basketball player for Marietta was Frank Christie in I believe, 1962. Several second team honorees in Bill Ross, Doug Bentz and Ben Howlett. Ross (COL) and Bentz (SEOAL) played in the old AAA division when Ohio only had three divisions at that time. I’m not totally sure on Ben Howlett (SEOAL) but he deserved it regardless of however divisions were comprised by the OHSAA at that time. I’m sure I’m missing a few and apologize if so but my intent is to show just how rare the company is that Alex Kendall is keeping by being named First Team All Ohio for Marietta in 2024. Only the second player in sixty two years! Alex is also one of the finest young men you will ever meet who earned this award through good ole fashioned hard work by putting in thousands of hours in the gym. I’m sure there were others who were just as deserving but in this case, a huge congratulations goes out to Alex Kendall. Marietta couldn’t be prouder and happier for you! Well done!
Frank Christie was 1st Team following the 1959-60 season, with teammate Tom Baker earning Honorable Mention. What’s impressive is that Alex was not an exceptional player his sophomore season and worked hard and was inspired to be the best he could be. Others at Marietta the past two seasons are making strides toward improvement but Alex is the gold standard.

Return to “Boys Basketball”