Jackson vs Gallia Academy

Geronimo
SEOP

Jackson vs Gallia Academy

Post by Geronimo »

Heard this game got a little out of control ?

Geronimo
SEOP

Re: Jackson vs Gallia Academy

Post by Geronimo »

Jackson 53 GA 52 sounds like a wild one ?

Bleacher92
Waterboy

Post by Bleacher92 »

Out of control how? I was at the game, very curious to hear this one.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Wasn't there heard fans running there mouth on calls by the Refs

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

But you have that every where right 😭

Bleacher92
Waterboy

Post by Bleacher92 »

Guessing what you were told was perhaps a bit oversold. One person got kicked out, but it was just one direct comment to the ref as he walked by. 90% of the people in the gym didn’t even know he got kicked out. Otherwise, both crowds were oddly quiet. There was very little energy in the gym from either crowd. The Jackson student section was highly inappropriate, making fun of a player for a learning disability. Low rent in my opinion.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Some are cold.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Was there the entire game sitting up high with my buddy from Kenworth. I thought it was allowed to be a VERY physical game for both teams. Sometimes it favored Gallia and sometimes it favored the Ironmen. There was some ridiculous contact several times that nothing was called. Jackson better figure out how to make free throws. Did the Jackson guard get concussed? He left late in the game after a terrible looking play and I don’t think he returned.

As for someone getting tossed me nor my buddy even knew someone got tossed. I didn’t think either crowd was saying much, or even cheering much. Gallia looked better than I thought they would. Jackson has no depth and can’t make free throws but are strong, use bodies well and are rugged kids. I think a lesser team with some length can upset them, almost witnessed just that. If I go back to Jackson for another game I’m not sitting 40 rows high again, not these old knees. Ha ha

bc181700
Freshman Team

Post by bc181700 »

Ed Ott wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:33 pm Was there the entire game sitting up high with my buddy from Kenworth. I thought it was allowed to be a VERY physical game for both teams. Sometimes it favored Gallia and sometimes it favored the Ironmen. There was some ridiculous contact several times that nothing was called. Jackson better figure out how to make free throws. Did the Jackson guard get concussed? He left late in the game after a terrible looking play and I don’t think he returned.

As for someone getting tossed me nor my buddy even knew someone got tossed. I didn’t think either crowd was saying much, or even cheering much. Gallia looked better than I thought they would. Jackson has no depth and can’t make free throws but are strong, use bodies well and are rugged kids. I think a lesser team with some length can upset them, almost witnessed just that. If I go back to Jackson for another game I’m not sitting 40 rows high again, not these old knees. Ha ha
I completely agree. I feel like the officials let it be a little too "chippy" and there was some physical play that most football teams would be jealous of. Gallia really had Jackson most of the game, and with Jackson probably shooting less than 50% from the charity stripe, Gallia had every right to win that one.
I did not see anyone get tossed either, it must've been a pretty low key situation... and there was no energy in the building.

I believe Jackson's guard is OK. He's tough as woodpecker lips. And you're exactly right on Jackson's depth. If they don't utilize some additional players and get them accustomed to the speed of the game, even if they are young, they'll be mediocre at best, and a quick out in the tournament. Just my humble opinion.

Bennett856
Waterboy

Post by Bennett856 »

Ed Ott wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:33 pm Was there the entire game sitting up high with my buddy from Kenworth. I thought it was allowed to be a VERY physical game for both teams. Sometimes it favored Gallia and sometimes it favored the Ironmen. There was some ridiculous contact several times that nothing was called. Jackson better figure out how to make free throws. Did the Jackson guard get concussed? He left late in the game after a terrible looking play and I don’t think he returned.
https://deltaexecutor.app
To ensure that legal professionals and families stay informed about the status of inmates, it's crucial to have access to reliable resources like the Chester County Detention Center SC Jail Roster, which is seamlessly integrated through platforms like Delta Executor, making the process of tracking inmate status both efficient and user-friendly.

Return to “Boys Basketball”