HERE WE GO ST JUDE!

Pantherfan
Freshman Team

Re: HERE WE GO ST JUDE!

Post by Pantherfan »

Tomcat Queen wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:28 pm Those lists don’t mean shite. Does Timmy have any offers above Rio Grande and Shawnee State Penitentiary?

No. He doesn't, and he won't.

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

Pantherfan wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:04 pm And little Timmy is one of very few players in our region on this list: https://ohiopreps.n.rivals.com/news/ohi ... in-2024-11
I call BS. You probably paid to get him on that list. Are you that fat guy that ran off ND football coach? Got a new account to hide huh? Nice.

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
Pantherfan
Freshman Team

Post by Pantherfan »

sportsfan33 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:29 pm
Pantherfan wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:13 pm
sportsfan33 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:09 pm

Lol what’s the criteria for that list 😂

How do you get listed on rivals com?
Athletes are nominated by a Rivals Analyst or selected as a top athlete during a Rivals Combine.
Is pantherfan an analyst ????

No sir. I didn't pay a local handler to get recruiting attention from a bunch of tiny schools either. ;-)

Pantherfan
Freshman Team

Post by Pantherfan »

Howard Cosell wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:31 pm
Pantherfan wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:04 pm And little Timmy is one of very few players in our region on this list: https://ohiopreps.n.rivals.com/news/ohi ... in-2024-11
I call BS. You probably paid to get him on that list. Are you that fat guy that ran off ND football coach? Got a new account to hide huh? Nice.

I don't anything about Notre Dame football. But very fat. lol

Pantherfan
Freshman Team

Post by Pantherfan »

We are getting off track, so I quit. Go Browns!!

Pantherfan
Freshman Team

Post by Pantherfan »

Pantherfan wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:33 pm
Howard Cosell wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:31 pm

I don't know anything about Notre Dame football. But very fat. lol

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

Typical entitled parent. Get outed and then change the channel.

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
Pantherfan
Freshman Team

Post by Pantherfan »

Howard Cosell wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:37 pm Typical entitled parent. Get outed and then change the channel.

I'm still here Howard. I am just bored with the conversation because we got off track. My earlier point wasn't about my son's playing time. He has played plenty except for when he missed a week being sick. He is a 4 year varsity starter. His minutes have been fine. My comment was in response to somebody else commenting about Coach Fry's rotation. I was agreeing with somebody else that three of our players should be on the floor together but coach Fry keeps them apart for some reason. Go back and read it. That is all that my point was.

Coach Fry doesn't believe you need the best five players on the floor. He told me that and he told his team that. I was sarcastically respoding about the pissy pants comment because I found it humorous. Then we got way off topic. My bad. Now let's get back to the rotation issues while I watch my Brownies. :-).

Scotty Hobart
Riding the Bench

Post by Scotty Hobart »

WOW this thread has daddy ball written all over it 😠

whynot?
Waterboy

Post by whynot? »

Scotty Hobart wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:56 pm WOW this thread has daddy ball written all over it 😠

I am not a daddy and have no direct ties to any players. Just a fan who doesn't like what I have been seeing. Forums like this are where people go to air their grievances. Coaches are going to take a lot of heat and get questioned a lot when they lose games that people think they could have won. That's the way it works.

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

Coach Fry is a good coach. Not sure who should play the most minutes since I’ve only seen them play twice. One game I saw the Freshman hit 6 straight 3’s sorry to hear that he has cooled off. I know who 24 & 13 are not sure of the third number, I can guess that’s maybe Wes Neal. Have not seen them play since Rowe returned so maybe he’s the third number.
Flyers have several winnable games coming up.
They need to stay focused and play team ball. For me I would like to see Brown and Balestra shoot more and Neal get more touches inside. With Rowe back the defense should improve.

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

Scotty Hobart wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:56 pm WOW this thread has daddy ball written all over it 😠
Yes daddy is criticizing the coach about playing time so where do you think that will be heading? Plant the seed and drum up support to get rid of the coach because he doesn’t play little Johnny the whole game. Glad we don’t do that at Trimble.

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
Hosey Caadwell
Waterboy

Post by Hosey Caadwell »

sportsfan33 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:29 pm
Pantherfan wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:13 pm
sportsfan33 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:09 pm

Lol what’s the criteria for that list 😂

How do you get listed on rivals com?
Athletes are nominated by a Rivals Analyst or selected as a top athlete during a Rivals Combine.
Is pantherfan an analyst ????
You at least have the ANAL part right

Gilligan
Waterboy

Post by Gilligan »

Pantherfan wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:53 am As a parent of one of the players I am definitely biased. I also think coach Fry is a good coach but has some flaws. I agree with you about 24, 13, and 32 staying on the court together and winning games. I'm not sure that Ed agrees with that though and he is in charge. I had a conversation with coach Fry the other day and he told me that he "he doesn't always play the best players". I get that in certain situations but for the bulk of the game your best 5 should be on the floor.

I hope Ed gets it right down the stretch. My son is a Senior and I just want him to have a fun last season.

I have had numerous talks with Coach Howie. He always plays his best dudes. Maybe what you are seeing is that it’s your boy with “flaws” instead of the coach. Maybe your kid just kinda stinks as a basketball player. Give it up Dad you don’t get to wear his varsity jacket.

Gilligan
Waterboy

Post by Gilligan »

I suspect Timmy is more like those football players from Ironton who get “offers” but never actually play at the next level. But rest easy Dad you can leave him in the top of that white board in your living room.

Scotty Hobart
Riding the Bench

Post by Scotty Hobart »

Gilligan wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:40 am
Pantherfan wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:53 am As a parent of one of the players I am definitely biased. I also think coach Fry is a good coach but has some flaws. I agree with you about 24, 13, and 32 staying on the court together and winning games. I'm not sure that Ed agrees with that though and he is in charge. I had a conversation with coach Fry the other day and he told me that he "he doesn't always play the best players". I get that in certain situations but for the bulk of the game your best 5 should be on the floor.

I hope Ed gets it right down the stretch. My son is a Senior and I just want him to have a fun last season.

I have had numerous talks with Coach Howie. He always plays his best dudes. Maybe what you are seeing is that it’s your boy with “flaws” instead of the coach. Maybe your kid just kinda stinks as a basketball player. Give it up Dad you don’t get to wear his varsity jacket.
I always like it when a daddy calls the coach by his first name like they’re best buddies. And the latent insults are really transparent and hint to the resentment over playing time for the son. A classic sign and dead giveaway for the daddy ball mindset.

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

Daddyball kills a program as fast as anything. Ask Athens!

Lonesome Polecat
Freshman Team

Post by Lonesome Polecat »

whynot? wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:19 pm

I am not a daddy and have no direct ties to any players. Just a fan who doesn't like what I have been seeing. Forums like this are where people go to air their grievances. Coaches are going to take a lot of heat and get questioned a lot when they lose games that people think they could have won. That's the way it works.
And here we have the guy who thinks he can pay for a ticket and suddenly his opinion matters. Probably never had a jock on in his life but he knows how to coach

Pantherfan
Freshman Team

Post by Pantherfan »

The Browns lost in embarrassing fashion. :-(. This thread went wild. I apologize for my comments. I shouldn't have posted anything about coach Fry or my son. As I said before I was agreeing with another person about in game rotations. I'll stay quiet from now on. I didn't realize I was being so inflammatory. My son's playing time is fine and I didn't mean for it to sound like I was lobbying for playing time. He probably plays 3 quarters plus every game. I couldn't possibly expect more. I meant no disrespect to coach Fry or any player. I am signing out now to grieve for the Browns.

Scotty Hobart
Riding the Bench

Post by Scotty Hobart »

Pantherfan wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:00 pm The Browns lost in embarrassing fashion. :-(. This thread went wild. I apologize for my comments. I shouldn't have posted anything about coach Fry or my son. As I said before I was agreeing with another person about in game rotations. I'll stay quiet from now on. I didn't realize I was being so inflammatory. My son's playing time is fine and I didn't mean for it to sound like I was lobbying for playing time. He probably plays 3 quarters plus every game. I couldn't possibly expect more. I meant no disrespect to coach Fry or any player. I am signing out now to grieve for the Browns.
Even worse than making the daddy ball comments in the first place is to feign an apology afterwards. Another dead giveaway for the daddy ball syndrome. You plant the seed to try and drum up support and when it fails and you get called out you pretend to be sorry and try to defend yourself. Weak.

Return to “Boys Basketball”