Battle in the 740!!! @ Shawnee State (Sat Dec 9/Sun Dec 10)

DcP3407
Riding the Bench

Re: Battle in the 740!!! @ Shawnee State (Sat Dec 9/Sun Dec 10)

Post by DcP3407 »

fbnut wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:16 pm
wobycat wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:28 am
fbnut wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:15 pm

unfortunately that is about as good as it gets for burg boys in all sports, they can hang in there but never get the W
ouch tough crowd.

I thought burg played way better than expected. They lost their incoming point guard to a season ending injury in football. They lost a lof of scoring with wright and schwamberger from last year and they really have zero inside presence. Luke swords is 6'3. That's it. He's trying to replace stanley and arthur, both were bangers inside. Burg is going to have to run the 5 out offense and zone pretty much every game. they may press eventually.
Do you disagree?
I would disagree, on the mere fact that most high school sports run in cycles. Now, there are few exceptions, but for the most part, smaller schools ride tides of ups and downs. While Wheelersburg's tide may not dip down as much as others, they are struggling the last couple of years beating the top teams in the region. However, I like what they are doing, they aren't making excuses or trying to skirt around them during the regular season, they are scheduling them. Thats the difference right there! Too many schools (not all of them) in our area, go for what is comfortable and what is easy, Burg is consistently challenging themselves to beat the best. They'll figure it out soon, as long as they keep working, the tide will start going back up.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

I didn't get a chance to take in this event but from the outside looking in, it looked like a great event. I liked the fact that North Adams, Minford and Wheelersburg took games against much better competition. North Adams against Division-II Columbus Bishop Hartley. Minford against Division-I New Albany. Wheelersburg against Division-III powerhouse Harvest Prep. The local teams went 0-3 but playing these types games will eventually help each team down the road. Hopefully this event will continue in the future.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

DcP3407 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:27 am
fbnut wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:16 pm
wobycat wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:28 am

ouch tough crowd.

I thought burg played way better than expected. They lost their incoming point guard to a season ending injury in football. They lost a lof of scoring with wright and schwamberger from last year and they really have zero inside presence. Luke swords is 6'3. That's it. He's trying to replace stanley and arthur, both were bangers inside. Burg is going to have to run the 5 out offense and zone pretty much every game. they may press eventually.
Do you disagree?
I would disagree, on the mere fact that most high school sports run in cycles. Now, there are few exceptions, but for the most part, smaller schools ride tides of ups and downs. While Wheelersburg's tide may not dip down as much as others, they are struggling the last couple of years beating the top teams in the region. However, I like what they are doing, they aren't making excuses or trying to skirt around them during the regular season, they are scheduling them. Thats the difference right there! Too many schools (not all of them) in our area, go for what is comfortable and what is easy, Burg is consistently challenging themselves to beat the best. They'll figure it out soon, as long as they keep working, the tide will start going back up.
sounds more like you're agreeing

retiredref
Waterboy

Post by retiredref »

the Battle in the 740 saw the following players names as Yamo.Media players of the game and their interview is available at Yamo.Media: saturday December 9, 2023
*Game 1 Bloom Carroll ( 56) vs Warren Local ( 45) girls- Emily Bratton Bloom Carroll
* Game 2 Portsmouth Notre Dame (40)vs Worthington Christian (27) - Gracie Ashley Notre Dame
*Game 3 Fairland( 87) Reynoldsburg girls( 59) Bailey Russell Fairland
* Game 4 Bishop Hartley ( 55) North Adams (54) 1 OT

Return to “Boys Basketball”