District Championship …Trimble vs Western. Updates

FIDO
S

Re: District Championship …Trimble vs Western

Post by FIDO »

This game is how it should be: tightly contested for 4 quarters. The team with the less turnovers and with the most rebounds wins. Both teams warned their way and will not go away quietly. It will be fun for the kids and most fans

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

This game is how it should be: tightly contested for 4 quarters. The team with the less turnovers and with the most rebounds wins. Both teams earned their way and will not go away quietly. It will be fun for the kids and most fans

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

I really wanted to see the Cats get another chance to settle the score with FH and beat the brakes off of them. But beating the brakes off of the team that beat the brakes off of them is almost as good. And please people stop saying that the "refs are scared of Howie and give him every call." If that's the case then learn to live with it. Yes the Cats get the calls but they earn them. If you are going to contest our two bigs inside you've most likely going to land on your back and get a blocking call against you. So, my advice is just get out of the way. Cast take this one in a big way and move on.

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

Gray Cat wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:00 am I really wanted to see the Cats get another chance to settle the score with FH and beat the brakes off of them. But beating the brakes off of the team that beat the brakes off of them is almost as good. And please people stop saying that the "refs are scared of Howie and give him every call." If that's the case then learn to live with it. Yes the Cats get the calls but they earn them. If you are going to contest our two bigs inside you've most likely going to land on your back and get a blocking call against you. So, my advice is just get out of the way. Cast take this one in a big way and move on.
You are correct, Howdee gets the calls with the SE officials. Will he get them in the regional? Who knows. I would like to see a game where none of the officials even know who he is. It would be interesting to see if when the person with the ball lowers his shoulder and runs over the defender a block is called. I doubt it, but maybe the rules have changed since I played and coached? :o

Beckster82
Riding the Bench

Post by Beckster82 »

Gray Cat wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:00 am I really wanted to see the Cats get another chance to settle the score with FH and beat the brakes off of them. But beating the brakes off of the team that beat the brakes off of them is almost as good. And please people stop saying that the "refs are scared of Howie and give him every call." If that's the case then learn to live with it. Yes the Cats get the calls but they earn them. If you are going to contest our two bigs inside you've most likely going to land on your back and get a blocking call against you. So, my advice is just get out of the way. Cast take this one in a big way and move on.

Howie is well know around the state of ohio. It seemed to me the scorekeeper for Notre Dame knew two of the referees as they were chatting it up like old friends. I thought the referring was not that bad. Was it consistent NO! Were into tournaments so who knows what can happen.

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

What happened to sneaky Pete? Oh yeah, he's prolly over on the softball/baseball pages since it's that season for him now. :mrgreen:

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Gray Cat wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:26 pm What happened to sneaky Pete? Oh yeah, he's prolly over on the softball/baseball pages since it's that season for him now. :mrgreen:

I’m practicing with the Western squad. Giving them an education on brake beating and not to be intimated by the stomping geriatric Howdee Doody and his band of zebras.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Beckster82
Riding the Bench

Post by Beckster82 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:01 pm
Gray Cat wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:26 pm What happened to sneaky Pete? Oh yeah, he's prolly over on the softball/baseball pages since it's that season for him now. :mrgreen:

I’m practicing with the Western squad. Giving them an education on brake beating and not to be intimated by the stomping geriatric Howdee Doody and his band of zebras.
Ohh swanker I think you like Howie as much as you talk about him...:) We will be ready for western I hope there in shape because our boys can run like lightening and never get tired... got to get ready for thursday those girls gonna see what they got....

Sweater poorly knit
Waterboy

Post by Sweater poorly knit »

Interesting matchup.

I thought Feds starting 5 was superior to Westerns but Westerns bench put them over the top.

Ball handling at this stage in the game is critical and Trimble has a finite supply of ball handlers. Tomcats were very sloppy against ND. Western will make them pay if they don't clean up.

Guffey will be the best player on the floor so assuming Trimble uses that to their advantage, I give the Tomcats the edge but this will be another close game for Trimble.

Pulling for the TVC here.

Tomcats advance.

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

Trimble by 15+

torroeldorado
Waterboy

Post by torroeldorado »

I'll take Western in this one.
Trimble way overhyped and really haven't played anyone. Nearly beaten by a very average middle of the pack SOC 1 team and then 2 close games, one being a loss, to Fed Hock who was taken out by Western.
Western is the real deal and will play very hard nosed fundamental basketball.

Ballfan20
Waterboy

Post by Ballfan20 »

The Webber boy for Trimble who was hurt against Eastern.
Did he play against Federal Hocking last time Trimble played them?

Beckster82
Riding the Bench

Post by Beckster82 »

He did not play the eastern game! Was 50 percent the last game! He played with heart you could tell he was in some pain! He will be ready to go by Friday!

Harambe
Riding the Bench

Post by Harambe »

This one will depend a lot on if the Weber kid is healthy. I don't see how he will be with how he was moving during the ND game. If he is healthy give me TRIMBLE by 6. I believe he will shut number 13 down! If he isn't at full strength it will go down to the last possession I believe but I still think Howie pulls this one out.

Howie vs the other Indians of Valley in the regional semi

Bobby k
Freshman Team

Post by Bobby k »

70-69 Western in overtime

Seofanatic
Riding the Bench

Post by Seofanatic »

Ed Ott wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:21 pm Trimble 77
Western Latham 58

Trimble will penetrate and use speed and strength to get 25 free throws. Western won’t be able to keep pace.
Apparently you've not watched Western play much. They won't have an issue keeping pace. Will Trimble be able to handle Western in their grill defensively? Will Western be able to rebound and keep Trimble of the offensive boards? Those are two big questions. Western is coming in as the unjustified underdog again. Western by 5. 60-55.

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

Seofanatic wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:04 am
Ed Ott wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:21 pm Trimble 77
Western Latham 58

Trimble will penetrate and use speed and strength to get 25 free throws. Western won’t be able to keep pace.
Apparently you've not watched Western play much. They won't have an issue keeping pace. Will Trimble be able to handle Western in their grill defensively? Will Western be able to rebound and keep Trimble of the offensive boards? Those are two big questions. Western is coming in as the unjustified underdog again. Western by 5. 60-55.
Everyone that has tried to play in the "grill" of Guffy and Downs has ended up on the floor with a foul called on them. So good luck with that strategy. Of course the coaching advantage goes to Howie by a wide margin, the game in the paint to Guffy and Downs, and the Cats can handle the ball and drain the 3 ball. The only advantage they might have on Western's side is the bench, but the Cats aren't too bad there either. It won't be enough for Western though as the Cats pull away for a double digit win. The only person who has successfully gotten in the Cats "grill" is Howie, and after that close game with ND he has been in it all week. This will have the Cats raring to go. Howie's practices are always much harder than the games.

Harambe
Riding the Bench

Post by Harambe »

Gray cat you're wrong about one thing. Western doesn't even have the advantage on the bench. From watching the last game the bench guys aren't really coming in to do much damage. However I still think this one will be close with Trimble coming out on top

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Should be a great game-- who ever does not turn the ball over shall win.

Ballfan20
Waterboy

Post by Ballfan20 »

Crockwell and Federal Hocking were supposed to be “too much” for Western too.
They weren’t. These boys aren’t gonna get beat up the floor by Trimble, they also have good senior guards who handle the ball well, and every player that starts and comes off the bench can knock down the 3.
Also Carter in the paint is strong, doesn’t get moved out of the way easily and will take the charge every time.

Return to “Boys Basketball”