Post by Dragonguy13 »

Doghustler wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:27 pm
Dragonguy13 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:26 pm
Doghustler wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:28 pm Will Davis
Ethan Taylor
Zion Martin
Noah Marcum
Ben Southard
That a list of the boys that (wasn’t) recruited at Fairland. They didn’t grow up there.
You dead wrong on some of those kids buddy, LOL!

Others who didn’t “grow up” here have had their families move here since they “grew up”
Tell me what kids I’m dead wrong on and I will tell you how Wrong you are.
I’ll start with Ben and Noah. You got zero, but go ahead and try.

Doghustler
Waterboy

Re: 21/22 OVC

Post by Doghustler »

Dragonguy13 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:54 pm
Dragonguy13 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:26 pm

You dead wrong on some of those kids buddy, LOL!

Others who didn’t “grow up” here have had their families move here since they “grew up”
So they’ve been there since they’ve been young? The others I listed transferred in 100%. No difference than football.

Dragonguy13
Freshman Team

Post by Dragonguy13 »

Doghustler wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:03 am
So they’ve been there since they’ve been young? The others I listed transferred in 100%. No difference than football.
See that’s the problem here. You have no clue what your talking about but you go ahead post kids names and make accusations. Stop it! Get the facts and then post something that’s relevant, until then just shut up please. You obviously don’t have the facts and just come in here to stir crap. Do better!

JFLRADIO Big Mor
Riding the Bench

Post by JFLRADIO Big Mor »

Buckeye1971 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:07 am
Jonjon wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:19 am Fairland wins the league again. What a program coach Speed puts out year after year! I’m a dragon fan. Go green!

Overall, Best Recruiting Coach in the area!!
😂😂 Hater😂😂 not one player, not one… try again next year!

Doghustler
Waterboy

Post by Doghustler »

Dragonguy13 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:14 am
Doghustler wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:03 am

See that’s the problem here. You have no clue what your talking about but you go ahead post kids names and make accusations. Stop it! Get the facts and then post something that’s relevant, until then just shut up please. You obviously don’t have the facts and just come in here to stir crap. Do better!
Touchy subject for the great dragon fan. Hate hearing about what kids ain’t True dragons

MattyIce
Freshman Team

Post by MattyIce »

Congrats to Coach Speed and the Dragons on the win. They do a great job on both ends of the floor. Their half court defense is pretty darn good and the way they run their offense is downright impressive. A well-deserved title for the Dragons.

Jonjon
Freshman Team

Post by Jonjon »

Doghustler wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:28 pm Will Davis
Ethan Taylor
Zion Martin
Noah Marcum
Ben Southard
That a list of the boys that (wasn’t) recruited at Fairland. They didn’t grow up there.
Ben southard? 🤣😂 that boy and his dad, grandma, great grandma have lived in proctorville their whole life! 😂
Don’t even know who Noah Marcum is so not sure how much he helped. Zion Martin plays maybe 4 minutes a game and he was recruited by the football coach as he’s from Mingo. Will Davis came his freshman year. Ethan Taylor is not even in the team. Keep trying.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations to the Fairland Dragons, Coach Speed, and his staff on their 7th straight OVC title. Consistency is one of the hardest things to achieve in sports, but the Dragons have certainly been a model of that for over a decade.

84Dragon
JV Team

Post by 84Dragon »

Goodness , seven in a row , how does the JV & Jr High teams look ? Chesapeake & Wooster may have a threat to their streaks.

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

Davis went to 3 schools by the time he was freshmen. So wouldn't trust his loyalty.

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

Fairland had been caught recruiting in the past. They paid a fine of I believe of $1000 reduced from $5000 and had to write a letter to OHSAA how they would keep control of this.

ovcfan12
Riding the Bench

Post by ovcfan12 »

Hard for Chesapeake to blame anyone for recruiting. I know 7-8 really good athletes and several basketball players to transfer out. Go to Huntington high, south point, SV, st joe and Fairland. At what point do you stop worrying about other schools recruiting and look within your school and see what you are doing wrong. There is obviously a problem there. But for Fairland I do remember a football coach they hired before current one that got in trouble for recruiting a kid from Huntington high. That coach was let go soon as the season was over. That is the only trouble they have got in that I know of. Weird how ironton never got in trouble for all those kids moving in over the years lol. Someone there knows how to do their paperwork. But kids do want to transfer into good programs. Make sense why ironton is getting football kids moving in or Fairland is getting basketball players moving in. People wants to go where there is a good program and a good coach.

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

I am not blaming anyone just stated a FACT. Have not said anything else so don't try to say I did.

Jonjon
Freshman Team

Post by Jonjon »

Again, fairland rarely gets a basketball player, but their football coach does recruit. Don’t mix one with the other.

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

Anyone that has followed high School sports in the southeast district know the Schools who recruit, get transfers, have hold backs {redshirts} whatever you wanna call it.....It's a fact!!! We know the football teams who do it..We know the Basketball teams who do it,,,We know the baseball teams who do it... It's impossible for the same small Schools year after year to have great teams.. The population statistics won't back it in this area...Sure alot Schools get the occasional transfer or hold back but not to the extent of the abuser Schools....we know who you are, that is the one's without blinders on who want to see it.....NOOOOO it's not the great Coaching you hear on this site as the reason these teams are on top year after year.... that's total manure!!!!lol I could grab some drunk out of a bar in Huntington and win with some of these stacked teams over the years. ..FACT lol... so keep on building up certain Coaches on here as gods....Remember one thing Grasshoppers,.... Its the Jimmy and Joes Skippy!!!!

Hornetfan84
Riding the Bench

Post by Hornetfan84 »

I didn’t notice a huge skill difference between most of the teams this year. A lot of overtime between the top teams.

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

The Peake has had two overtimes and two double overtimes this year.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Ohio created a monster with open enrollment. Blame the state for that. And social media has also made it easier for friends to talk back and forth about the schools and the schools can post kids getting offers etc. I agree with poster above you have to start thinking about your program because recruiting is going to happen.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Portsmouth was 6-8 in the final OVC standings, but lost conference games by 1, 3, 5, 6, and 8 in 2OT. They also beat GAHS by 4. I agree with Hornetfan84 with his assessment of how the teams in the OVC were evenly balanced. Fairland won the title again but the gap between them and the lower half of the conference was not that great as it has been in years past. This was the first year in Fairland's 7 year run that they lost more than 1 conference game in the same season.

84Dragon
JV Team

Post by 84Dragon »

trojandave wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:44 am Fairland won the title again but the gap between them and the lower half of the conference was not that great as it has been in years past.
I would agree with that . I thought after the Van Horn years , they would go back to being slightly above average but Ive been wrong . Speed is an excellent coach , he coaches to what he has , which is sometimes hard to do. Im curious as to how Fairlands JV and Jr High teams have been doing , thats the best indication as to how the HS school teams will do , plus it gets an early vision as to how the recruiting is going . :lol:

Return to “Boys Basketball”