Valley at Waverly Friday 2/11

Fan of the youth
Freshman Team

Re: Valley at Waverly Friday 2/11

Post by Fan of the youth »

Great atmosphere. Game could have went either way. Valley's foul trouble hurt tonight, the players off the bench stepped up and kept them in it. The score is what it is but when 4 gets to the line it goes in. Proud of Div IV Valley giving the top seeded Div II Tigers all they wanted. Good luck to both teams in the tournament!!!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

WAVERLY SCORING
Trey Robertson 24 (3 threes first half, 10 points in the 4th going 6-6 from the line in the 4th)
Will Futhey 18 (8 in the 2nd quarter)
Wade Futhey 12 (4 threes, two huge ones in the 4th)
Mark Stulley 4
Hudson Kelly 2
Waverly was 1-5 FT’s through 3 quarters and 8-12 in the 4th.

VALLEY SCORING
Bruce Stuart 14
Colt Buckle 10
Jace Copley 10
George Arnett 9
Levi Stewart 5 (all in the 4th)
Carter Nickel 2

Valley was 2-4 from the line through 3 quarters and 1-1 in the 4th

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

smurray wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:12 pm
oldschoolqb13 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:03 pm It was definitely not interesting. I thought it was pathetic…as well as the clapping of the Valley fans who were encouraging her. No high school kid should ever have to worry about somebody coming out onto the floor. It’s a darn game.
TOTALLY AGREE
100%

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Great game. Great atmosphere. Great effort from both teams.

But a great game was overshadowed by grown adults making fools of themselves. Bad calls were made both ways and neither fan base was happy about certain calls. But to storm onto the floor during a time out and walk up to the refs and start getting in their face is nothing short of embarrassing. A few other fans had made their way onto the floor but never pursued it any further thankfully.
As far as the scorekeeper. I’m unsure what was said, but I’m pretty positive you are not to make any comments to the officials whatsoever, even if small.
Then when leaving the game their was a fan driving out of the parking lot screaming out the window about “cheating refs up here”. Like cmon…

The coaches and student athletes showed awesome sportsmanship and set a nice example to the other adults in the room on how to act. Very nice job by both squads giving each other love after a hard fought game.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Valley has a very nice squad and will make plenty of noise in the tourney if they can stay out of foul trouble. Depth I think at some point may cost them

123xxx
Freshman Team

Post by 123xxx »

Let me start with this…there is a league assigner for officials. Waverly did NOT pick them! Secondly, the officials are human and will miss calls. However, they are also highly experienced and very sound officials that have been involved in much bigger games then this one. Third…having fans act like this is the problem with our society. Everyone feels entitled to act like they can and do whatever they want, when they want. Whatever happen to common sense, courtesy, and decency??? Furthermore, that fan should not be allowed to attend any game for how she approached a HIGH SCHOOL official that gets paid $80 to drive 30 or more miles to be treated in such a manner. The kids on the floor act with more decency then the adults, and that is sad. Thank you to not only these officials but all officials for what you do. I, for one, am very appreciative for what you do.

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

The problem continues to be "Adults" They feel they can say and do whatever they want. Administration needs to start cracking down on these people and not allow them to get away with it. I guarantee the "adult" that came on the floor will be at the next one. Amazing. Administration need to start cracking down on this type of behavior!

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

I do believe the vast majority agree the conduct of the fan was egregious. It is a societal issue on so many levels. Freedom of speech doesn't entitle you to be abusive without repercussions. Act like an adult or stay home, away from others. Geesh!!

TrueFan
JV Team

Post by TrueFan »

Last edited by TrueFan on Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fan of the youth
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of the youth »

I agree fans need to be fans and stay in the bleachers. However, I think the refs were in no danger and everyone in the gym new that was the situation, thus the cheers and jeers from both sides. Maybe if the players weren't so competitive and the pep band and cheerleaders weren't so darn good at their job, fans would be bored and not get excited! The players and coaches all showed sportsmanship and set the example we should follow, good job. Best of luck to the Tigers and Indians go represent the SOC II!

BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

I think tonight was a good showing of sportsmanship between the two teams and the respect they have for each other on/off the court. A very highly intense game amongst very respectable programs.

This game was neck and neck the whole way and was very fun to watch. I saw two big moments that gave a momentum shift was 1. When Brice fouled out for Valley. That was a lot of adversity Valley had to face but a nice next “man up mentality” from their bench! And the reaction out of the crowd after the foul shows you how good that player is and the impact he has!
2. Was when Waverly had a fast break, Robertson weaving down the court finds an open Wade Futhey in the corner and knocks down a huge 3 to go up by 6 points got everyone excited and shifted momentum in a big way.

Great regular season by both squads! I truly believe both teams will make it far in their divisions. Should be fun to watch!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I’ve seen so many games from biddy through college….both boys and girls in the last 35-40 years…..I’ve never ever seen a fan walk across the court.

People could not be more entitled.

People need freaking punished not only for their ridiculous actions but for also giving so many others the potential idea of doing so. It’s 100% never ever the thing to do.

Sports (especially here in southern Ohio) knocks people about 2 notches down the intelligence ladder and it’s embarrassing. I’m betting these same people make sure their kiddos have the best of everything and their kids are never in the wrong.
Last edited by Ironman92 on Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

These sort of people need to be dealt with harshly. Today was someone feeling a need to show out. Tomorrow may be a nutcase with a gun. AUTOMATIC JAIL time will help curb these kind of incidents.

WHS2000grad
Riding the Bench

Post by WHS2000grad »

I'll openly admit I get on refs some. Nothing threatening or violent just "How do you miss that?" or "What game are you watching?"
I did not see the "foul" that was not called my view was blocked. So I cannot comment on the play because I didn't see it.
I have going to basketball games for over 30 years now. I kept score for 11 years and was a reporter for 8 more so lots of basketball has been watched. This is the first time somebody has approached a ref on the floor during a game. There was another fan from the upper-level yelling at fans from the opposing team sitting in the lower level. I couldn't make what was being said but it was definitely derogatory.

I have seen one worse act of fans/parents of player's of opposing teams. The adults were actually physically pushing/shoving/slapping each other on the court after the game. This was about 12-13 years ago.

But something needs to be done about fans' actions.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

danicalifornia wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:59 pm Yeah, that’s a foul. The lady shouldn’t be on the court, but yeah that was a bad no call
I am curious as to why you feel this was a foul. I’ve watched the SOSA replay many times, please tell me what specifically makes this a foul?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Should've been arrested for public nuisance or menacing, causing public panic. At which point she should have a restraining order put against her keeping her at a certain distance from all school events and activities. I don't care how harsh it is, it's not harsh enough as she could've caused public chaos no one ever knows the intent of an individual who would be willing to do this. Case in point the below story.

https://www.wbay.com/2022/02/08/caught- ... ses-panic/

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

It’s a shame this is the discussion, to be honest. 2 teams of kids got after it last night and it was a GREAT basketball game, while the margin was 10, it was back a forth all the way til about a minute left.

Valley and Waverlys kids played hard and should be proud of the effort.

It’s embarrassing a fan can walk on a court and act that way, and I know that’s not what the Valley community wants, and I’m sure they’re embarrassed!

Side note, wow how hard did those kids play in what realistically was a “meaningless” game for both schools at this point (seeding and SOC wrapped up).

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

coop wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:26 am It’s a shame this is the discussion, to be honest. 2 teams of kids got after it last night and it was a GREAT basketball game, while the margin was 10, it was back a forth all the way til about a minute left.

It’s embarrassing a fan can walk on a court and act that way, and I know that’s not what the Valley community wants, and I’m sure they’re embarrassed!

Side note, wow how hard did those kids play in what realistically was a “meaningless” game for both schools at this point (seeding and SOC wrapped up).
Unbelievably intense tournament atmosphere game with an extremely loud packed house and absolutely nothing on the line. What a great game to watch and be a part of, the way it should be.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

smurray wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:22 am
coop wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:26 am It’s a shame this is the discussion, to be honest. 2 teams of kids got after it last night and it was a GREAT basketball game, while the margin was 10, it was back a forth all the way til about a minute left.

Unbelievably intense tournament atmosphere game with an extremely loud packed house and absolutely nothing on the line. What a great game to watch and be a part of, the way it should be.

You could feel the energy even watching. Very cool to see. I think both will do great things.

bucknuts09
Freshman Team

Post by bucknuts09 »

Was a very intense game, and feel the kids on the court handled themselves like adults and some fans on both sides did not. As for the fan walking on the court is uncalled for. These kids are playing a team sport and learning life lessons, but let’s be honest there is a very big chance most of the kids playing will not be getting paid to play sports. I see it too often. Let them play the game and let the refs call the game, since we all know that these refs are not making a fortune to ref your sons “high school basketball game”.What was shown last night was the worst sportsmanship I have ever seen. I’m also guessing that the same people that are going to these games and making a donkey out of themselves are the same people complaining about rap music, tv, and other things are influencing their kids. Let the kids play the game, because that’s what high school sports are about life lessons! Both teams are very good and should represent southern Ohio well come tournaments. P.S Valley school lunch may have been bad from the looks of the puking going on 😂

Return to “Boys Basketball”