Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week#8

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week#8

Post by LetsBeReal »

Seofanatic wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:36 am
LetsBeReal wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:19 am This whole thread for today reminds me of the whole “Alabama could beat the(insert worst nfl team).

Western is good for their division and conference. But you are speaking two different worlds here. So many teams in the SOC2 are dangerous on any given night.

They may be able to split a series with the bottom half of the SOC2 at best. But last I checked Western doesn’t have that generational player(SEO) that transcends them. Just a good to very good team based on their handicaps.
This is a terrible take. Very few teams in seo, let alone the SOC, have a generational talent on their team. I'd rather have a team of good to very good players rather than have one guy. Defense is the key with this team. I've not seen a team play defensively like Western does in a long time.
Generational Player(SEO)

Meaning that really skilled player that comes along every 10-20 years that is one of the top skilled players in the area. Usually those players elevate their teammates and can help carry their team deeper into the playoffs. Not talking O.J. Mayo but simply a player equal or better in talent as Jeremy Mcleod or Trey Robertson.

Latham doesn’t really have a deep pool to draw talent from. So “good defense” only takes you so far. And will only take you to .500 in the SOC2

AnkleBraces
Freshman Team

Post by AnkleBraces »

LetsBeReal wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:17 am
Seofanatic wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:36 am
LetsBeReal wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:19 am This whole thread for today reminds me of the whole “Alabama could beat the(insert worst nfl team).

Western is good for their division and conference. But you are speaking two different worlds here. So many teams in the SOC2 are dangerous on any given night.

They may be able to split a series with the bottom half of the SOC2 at best. But last I checked Western doesn’t have that generational player(SEO) that transcends them. Just a good to very good team based on their handicaps.
This is a terrible take. Very few teams in seo, let alone the SOC, have a generational talent on their team. I'd rather have a team of good to very good players rather than have one guy. Defense is the key with this team. I've not seen a team play defensively like Western does in a long time.
Generational Player(SEO)

Meaning that really skilled player that comes along every 10-20 years that is one of the top skilled players in the area. Usually those players elevate their teammates and can help carry their team deeper into the playoffs. Not talking O.J. Mayo but simply a player equal or better in talent as Jeremy Mcleod or Trey Robertson.

Latham doesn’t really have a deep pool to draw talent from. So “good defense” only takes you so far. And will only take you to .500 in the SOC2
Could someone post SOC2 non-conference schedules and results for each team?

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I know valley beat symmes valley, Fairfield, paint valley, adena, and piketon.

AnkleBraces
Freshman Team

Post by AnkleBraces »

transplant wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:27 am I know valley beat symmes valley, Fairfield, paint valley, adena, and piketon.
You spelled killed wrong 😂😂

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

SW is 4-0 against ND, Green, Belpre, and Clay… was supposed to play St Joe. Still have East and Chesapeake on the schedule. Would like to see us step it up and quit playing SOC1 cupcakes every year. We’ll beat East by 70.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Enforcer
Freshman Team

Post by Enforcer »

Trimble now 14-0 with wins over Waterford, Eastern and Nelsonville this week. We play S. Gallia Southern and Alexander this week and still have 2 huge games with Fed Hock!.

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

Dear Western Fans,

You guys have a really good ball team and a lot to be proud of. Doug is a fantastic coach and I’m sure you will be prepared for any and every game you play. But you’re still bottom 3 of the SOC2. Good news for you is, that doesn’t matter, and you’re not in that conference division. Focus on trying to win the “small school division” and hopefully you get a shot at Webster or valley!

Sincerely,

Everyone with common sense…

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

GoAt 10 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:51 pm Dear Western Fans,

You guys have a really good ball team and a lot to be proud of. Doug is a fantastic coach and I’m sure you will be prepared for any and every game you play. But you’re still bottom 3 of the SOC2. Good news for you is, that doesn’t matter, and you’re not in that conference division. Focus on trying to win the “small school division” and hopefully you get a shot at Webster or valley!

Sincerely,

They got played close by Beaver … I think they know but too proud to admit the schedule is fluffed

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
JustAnObserver
Waterboy

Post by JustAnObserver »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:56 pm

Sincerely,

They got played close by Beaver … I think they know but too proud to admit the schedule is fluffed
Didn’t Valley beat Eastern the night before by the same margin? Like I’ve said 50 times before, I’m not saying Western would win the SOC 2 (actually no one on here has so I don’t know why you all keep pounding that drum), but you can’t use the Eastern score to make an argument when Western beats them by the same margin as Vally the night before. “Got played close by Beaver”

Ty.Stephens1987
Waterboy

Post by Ty.Stephens1987 »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:06 pm I’ll say this….the rankings and the seedings and everything are based on the results of this season. Can the summer be a bit of a measurement? Absolutely but goodness the factors involved are endless. Football, basketball, baseball, vacation, camps, band, cross country, soccer….you name it. But when you go out for the team in November it’s different, it’s now a main commitment, the summer is not a main commitment and it’s incredibly hit and miss. 3 Summers ago in our pretty big summer league we lost by 30 to a team in a game in late June….we played the same school in January and were leading 58-16 before calling the dogs off. This past summer we went to Hillsboro for a scrimmage and Fairfield beat us by 44 points. Few years back we played DeSales at a college camp…beat em but would’ve been torched during the season.

So many separate factors with summer comparisons and using info from the summer to rank and especially seed would be very irresponsible.

Western will have a super high seed and the district championship, final 4 opportunity just like the other schools. Western and maybe Trimble kind of make me think of Piketon in football. Excellent team and great season….but iffy on how the postseason will go. The SOC 1 gives you that. Keep the chip inserted and go make a Final 4 and we’ll all be cheering you on (well most of us)

The only thing I have against Western is their high school principal 😁
Come on Ironman. I've told you all along if you come to Western, your ticket and popcorn is on me.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ty.Stephens1987 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:33 am
Ironman92 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:06 pm I’ll say this….the rankings and the seedings and everything are based on the results of this season. Can the summer be a bit of a measurement? Absolutely but goodness the factors involved are endless. Football, basketball, baseball, vacation, camps, band, cross country, soccer….you name it. But when you go out for the team in November it’s different, it’s now a main commitment, the summer is not a main commitment and it’s incredibly hit and miss. 3 Summers ago in our pretty big summer league we lost by 30 to a team in a game in late June….we played the same school in January and were leading 58-16 before calling the dogs off. This past summer we went to Hillsboro for a scrimmage and Fairfield beat us by 44 points. Few years back we played DeSales at a college camp…beat em but would’ve been torched during the season.

So many separate factors with summer comparisons and using info from the summer to rank and especially seed would be very irresponsible.

Western will have a super high seed and the district championship, final 4 opportunity just like the other schools. Western and maybe Trimble kind of make me think of Piketon in football. Excellent team and great season….but iffy on how the postseason will go. The SOC 1 gives you that. Keep the chip inserted and go make a Final 4 and we’ll all be cheering you on (well most of us)

Come on Ironman. I've told you all along if you come to Western, your ticket and popcorn is on me.
Man that’s like Pfloyd status

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:10 am

Get him down there TY. The Green Indians are fun to watch. Well coached. Tyler Jimison is quite an asset as well with his defensive mindset as a bench coach .

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Hoopie74 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:35 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:10 am

Get him down there TY. The Green Indians are fun to watch. Well coached. Tyler Jimison is quite an asset as well with his defensive mindset as a bench coach .
Western should get back in the SHAC. Closer to home games and in the future that will be a big deal.

Seofanatic
Riding the Bench

Post by Seofanatic »

Sincerely,

The only team they don't beat or play right along with in the SOC2 is Waverly.

Return to “Boys Basketball”