Gallia academy vs Unioto

Geronimo
SEOP

Gallia academy vs Unioto

Post by Geronimo »

Big Game for both teams at Waverly in the Hawhee Classic at 4:00 Thursday thoughts on this one !!!

Hornetfan84
Riding the Bench

Re: Gallia academy vs Unioto

Post by Hornetfan84 »

Is anyone live-streaming the game?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Hornetfan84 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:00 pm Is anyone live-streaming the game?
SOSA is on YouTube and Facebook

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Gallia comes into the game with 4 starters off of last years district final team that lost to the U 32-47 (Franklin/Call/Clary/Fellure) ... for the U the Shermans have zero starters from last year's team returning ... Desean Branson/Evan Park both came off the bench for Coach Hoops - Branson had a BIG defensive game for the U plus 16 points, Park had a 3 ball ... Experience is on the side of the Blue Devils, along with adding Zane Loveday and his inside/outside 6-5 frame ... the bulk of the GAHS scoring rightly so comes on the blocks with Clary/Loveday ... last season the question mark was perimeter scoring - this season the "consistent" perimeter scoring is still suspect BUT Kenyon Franklin & Brody Fellure are near double figure scorers this season with both being able to provide the outside scoring needed to open up the inside game ... Carson Call might be the wildcard - he has the body to play inside and score on the blocks, if I recall he had 8 points in the district final game last season taking the ball to the rim ... Unioto goes deep into the bench - a good mix of seniors (Park/Branson/Ben Spetnagel/Gabe Corcoran) with youngin's - starting pg Blake Hoops (fr), starting post player Jordan Perkins (soph) off the bench Newton Hoops (soph), Zeke Schobelock (soph), Brax Platt (jr) ... an excellent defensive TEAM are the Shermans, perimeter scoring is spread around the arc - Hoops x 2,Branson, Spetnagel, Park, Corcoran all knockdown the 3 ball ... Perkins on the inside is outstanding defensively vs the opponents big, rebounds with anyone ... Park vs Loveday will be a good matchup ... Branson's defense just as it was a factor last year in the district matchup will be huge again this go around imo ... I like the aggressiveness of the U's youngsters - both Blake and Newton Hoops bring it at both ends of the court both will be factors in the outcome of this game ... it will be a good barometer game for both teams ! it's close to the halfway point of the season ... let's see where the youngsters are for the U and if the GAHS squad has improved with the addition of Loveday (a given improvement - he's a nice player) ... I'll will be looking at Franklin/Fellure/Call on the Blue Devil side to see if their consistency as threats on the perimeter has developed ... 4pm tomorrow at Waverly's Downtown Arena ...

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Go GA !!!

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Jmo Clary is a force Loveday is a welcome addition but the guard play has got step up like today ? And it will payoff ! Great job today.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

If those guards can play like they did today, Gallia is going to be a really tough out. Congrats to them on the win

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Geronimo wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:28 pm Jmo Clary is a force Loveday is a welcome addition but the guard play has got step up like today ? And it will payoff ! Great job today.
When Fellure and Franklin put up 25 points between them like yesterday vs Unioto - GAHS becomes THE team that I had ranked in the Elite 8 for my preseason picks ... they played an excellent game - they didn't "think" they took it to the rim strong, they weren't looking for anyone but the rim THAT'S the perimeter play I was looking for - Loveday/Clary, they are going to get their's - a given imo, that 16/16 split between them ... GAHS takes care of the ball well ! - 5 turnovers on the game vs a defensive minded UHS team - it doesn't get any better than that ... 2/12 from behind the arc - I'd like to see another 3 makes BUT GAHS doesn't take 22 threes a game! they get the ball inside to the bigs, they penetrate to the rim with Fullure/Franklin & finish - the game today should be a confidence builder and blueprint for the rest of the season from GAHS - I liked what I saw from the Blue Devils ...

Return to “Boys Basketball”