Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/Southeast Ohio - Week 3

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/Southeast Ohio - Week 3

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:31 pm Feeling good about "things" right now ! - thru 12/23/21 I've had eyes on 17 of my top 20 teams - South Point/Eastern Brown/Hillsboro the only teams I haven't seen from the cheap seats ... watched the U win tonight over Hillsboro on livestream tonight ... that leaves Eastern Brown and South Point as the 2 I haven't seen in person or livestream in my top 20 for this week ...
After clearing Caldwell and Fort Frye, the big question now is will Trimble go (22-0)?
They have a game @ Meigs next Thur, which may be challenging without Downs.
They get a rematch with Alexander at home this year (lost @ Alex last season).
at Waterford and at Fed Hock also loom.
I think they also play at Chesapeake instead of Beats of southeast opponent.

Question 2, can a (22-0) DIV team actually end up as Pfloyds #1 by seasons end? That is a tough one.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Trimble isn’t better than Waverly. 22-0 doesn’t mean anything when idk 16 games a season are against cream puffs

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:21 am Trimble isn’t better than Waverly. 22-0 doesn’t mean anything when idk 16 games a season are against cream puffs
With that analogy Ohio State shouldn't be ranked in the top 4 every year. lol
Or Cincinnati shouldn't be in the CFP this season.

But yes, you are right, Waverly is better. As they should be given the size of the school. But that rule has exceptions, even a very good DII Waverly would struggle versus some of the top DIV teams in the state in the past like Africentric or Harvest Prep.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Gallia academy big win over Fairfield Union !!!

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

I think Cinci deserves it for the G5 schools that go undefeated every year for the past 15 years and the country screams for them. This is their first and possibly last chance to make it happen OR Cincinnati can jump conferences and play some real schools every year and prove they’re good enough. Let’s be real every member of the big ten besides maybe Rutgers would run the table BIGLY with Cinci’s schedule.

Trimble likely has 2-4 losses in the SOC big boys division

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Geronimo wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:50 am Gallia academy big win over Fairfield Union !!!
I thought FU beat Logan Elm

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:33 pm
Geronimo wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:50 am Gallia academy big win over Fairfield Union !!!
Ya, Gallia over Fairfield Union on Tuesday and Fairfield Union beat Logan Elm Thursday.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

smurray wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:59 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:33 pm
Ya, Gallia over Fairfield Union on Tuesday and Fairfield Union beat Logan Elm Thursday.
Thanks

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

GA finally got the guard play in that game ! To help the twin towers out.

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

Trimble does play at The Peake on Jan 8th.
Jv 3.00
V. 4.30

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Geronimo wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:32 pm GA finally got the guard play in that game ! To help the twin towers out.
… the guard play is the key to the Gallia success vs equal or better teams … if the guards are perimeter threats either to penetrate and/or knock down the perimeter shot THEN GAHS can play with a whole lot of teams …
Last edited by pfloyd on Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Look forward to the Jackson @ Warren battle Tuesday night in the coliseum, anyone have a run down of Jackson?

Go Blue
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Whs95fan wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:12 pm Look forward to the Jackson @ Warren battle Tuesday night in the coliseum, anyone have a run down of Jackson?
Athletic, very footbally, will guard and play their tails off all game. Only play 6 players but I think last game they all had 8+ points. Top returning players unable to play due to injury/medical condition.

Are a few possessions from being 7-0 and don’t care to play a 33-30 game

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I'm very interested to see Thursday's game between Meigs, one of the top teams in the Ohio, versus Trimble in Rock Springs. Marauders started slow but have been hot lately and will take a 3-game winning streak into the game. Without Bryce Downs, the Cats will be undersized in this match-up. But they have proven time and time again they can compete against bigger teams.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:42 pm
Whs95fan wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:12 pm Look forward to the Jackson @ Warren battle Tuesday night in the coliseum, anyone have a run down of Jackson?
Athletic, very footbally, will guard and play their tails off all game. Only play 6 players but I think last game they all had 8+ points. Top returning players unable to play due to injury/medical condition.

Are a few possessions from being 7-0 and don’t care to play a 33-30 game
I certainly expect this one to be low scoring then, only 2 players consistently score for Warren, all mostly inside. Pettey #32 has been stepping up in some games on the offensive side of the ball. All play great defense but they lack solid guard play.

Go Blue
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

93Bulldog wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 9:41 am I'm very interested to see Thursday's game between Meigs, one of the top teams in the Ohio, versus Trimble in Rock Springs. Marauders started slow but have been hot lately and will take a 3-game winning streak into the game. Without Bryce Downs, the Cats will be undersized in this match-up. But they have proven time and time again they can compete against bigger teams.
Without Downs

Trimble 67
Meigs 58

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

smurray wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 11:00 am MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!
Back at ya..smurray!!

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 9:41 am I'm very interested to see Thursday's game between Meigs, one of the top teams in the Ohio, versus Trimble in Rock Springs. Marauders started slow but have been hot lately and will take a 3-game winning streak into the game. Without Bryce Downs, the Cats will be undersized in this match-up. But they have proven time and time again they can compete against bigger teams.
... My money is on Howie and the Tomcats - until they "show me" a weakness - not big , but physical & strong inside and on the perimeter ... they are comfortable shooting the 3 but don't live or die by the 3 ball ... will gladly hold the ball until they get a shot at the rim ... they pressure the ball 94 ft for 32 minutes ... if you 've seen Lucasville Valley play - the Tomcats play the same type of ball or since Trimble has done it for years it would be the Valley Indians are playing "Howie Ball" ... Trimble gets the nod until they don't ... they've earned it ... even vs teams with size - size will get it done on individual trips on offense but most high school teams I've seen don't know how to "play with size" - they have the bigs but the perimeter players don't know how to feed the post, or the post players don't really know how to get position inside to use their size ... which ever it is they can't do it for 32 minutes ... they seem to fall in love with the 3 point line for extended periods of time ... Trimble exploits all weaknesses - if you have size your size better be able to run for 32 minutes , they minimize/negate your "perceived" advantage as well as any team I've watched play - it's what Howie does as a coach - he's one of the best ...

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:54 am
... My money is on Howie and the Tomcats - until they "show me" a weakness - not big , but physical & strong inside and on the perimeter ... they are comfortable shooting the 3 but don't live or die by the 3 ball ... will gladly hold the ball until they get a shot at the rim ... they pressure the ball 94 ft for 32 minutes ... if you 've seen Lucasville Valley play - the Tomcats play the same type of ball or since Trimble has done it for years it would be the Valley Indians are playing "Howie Ball" ... Trimble gets the nod until they don't ... they've earned it ... even vs teams with size - size will get it done on individual trips on offense but most high school teams I've seen don't know how to "play with size" - they have the bigs but the perimeter players don't know how to feed the post, or the post players don't really know how to get position inside to use their size ... which ever it is they can't do it for 32 minutes ... they seem to fall in love with the 3 point line for extended periods of time ... Trimble exploits all weaknesses - if you have size your size better be able to run for 32 minutes , they minimize/negate your "perceived" advantage as well as any team I've watched play - it's what Howie does as a coach - he's one of the best ...
Build the team with what you have .Play according to weaknesses of the opponent . Take what's given. My type of team.

Return to “Boys Basketball”