Jackson vs Minford

Ironmen98
All State

Re: Jackson vs Minford

Post by Ironmen98 »

vcgrad wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:59 pm Minford BIG---have too much scoring for the ironman to handle.
You were way off . Nice effort Jackson. Offense can be a struggle but more and more kids getting involved . The program is built on defense and that’s still tough. Keep working boys.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Good game. Coach Shoemaker finally broke out the 1-2-2 3/4 court when it was I think 23-21 with a couple minutes left in the 3rd. From there Minford forced 8 turnovers that resulted in 16 points. Then we got down and had to keep putting Montgomery on the free throw line.

Jackson kids didn’t quit I’m pretty sure everyone will agree but wasn’t enough.

Montgomery went for 29
Zimmerman 13
Krank 6

14/20 free throws

I think 6/17 from 3 after starting 4/5

For Jackson

Campbell 16
Jarvis 14
Prater 10
Winters 10
Blankenship 3

I think 7/8 from free throw line

6/16 from 3

Both teams 22 rebounds

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I thought the officiating crew allowed a tournament type game. Strong and physical. Both teams handled it well I thought.

Refs were consistent throughout. Neither coach said much to any of the refs. Good work guys 👏👏👏

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Jackson should be able to get back on track in their next game against Oak Hill. The OH kids will play hard, but sometimes playing hard will only get you so far.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:11 pm Good game. Coach Shoemaker finally broke out the 1-2-2 3/4 court when it was I think 23-21 with a couple minutes left in the 3rd. From there Minford forced 8 turnovers that resulted in 16 points. Then we got down and had to keep putting Montgomery on the free throw line.

Montgomery went for 29
Zimmerman 13
Krank 6

14/20 free throws

For Jackson

Campbell 16
Jarvis 14
Prater 10
Winters 10
Blankenship 3

6/16 from 3

Both teams 22 rebounds
Sounds like it was a pretty good game.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

BigBlueNation wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:10 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:11 pm Good game. Coach Shoemaker finally broke out the 1-2-2 3/4 court when it was I think 23-21 with a couple minutes left in the 3rd. From there Minford forced 8 turnovers that resulted in 16 points. Then we got down and had to keep putting Montgomery on the free throw line.

Montgomery went for 29
Zimmerman 13
Krank 6

14/20 free throws

For Jackson

Campbell 16
Jarvis 14
Prater 10
Winters 10
Blankenship 3

6/16 from 3

Both teams 22 rebounds
Sounds like it was a pretty good game.

I thought it was, be nice to hear a Minford side of the story, we’ll read Pfloyd’s thoughts tomorrow

tonylip
Waterboy

Post by tonylip »

Great game. Showed Jackson’s strength on tough defense and showed a Minford team that came off a big win and had to go in the road the next night.

Jackson gets everything out of their players. Coached well and absolutely doesn’t back down.

Minford had Zimmerman get in early foul trouble. Jackson made a nice run in first half and brought them back out of an early hole.

Second half, both teams went at it, but one player stood out. Myles Montgomery had a great second half. I don’t know how many he scored in the second half, but he played a great floor game. As I92 said, his IQ for a freshman is impressive. He made plays both scoring and passing and just took over when needed. The board had him for 29 and it didn’t even seem like he had that many.

Everything I92 recapped is spot on. Great game and moving on both teams got better from this game. Jackson knows they have to get better scoring and against a press. Minford has to get better against aggressive/great defensive pressure and not just rely on great shooting to win.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:50 pm I thought the officiating crew allowed a tournament type game. Strong and physical. Both teams handled it well I thought.

Refs were consistent throughout. Neither coach said much to any of the refs. Good work guys 👏👏👏
Thank you sir.

Two very well coached teams going at it. 60 points scored in the 4th (30-30).

Montgomery was the difference.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

tonylip wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:38 pm Great game. Showed Jackson’s strength on tough defense and showed a Minford team that came off a big win and had to go in the road the next night.

Jackson gets everything out of their players. Coached well and absolutely doesn’t back down.

Minford had Zimmerman get in early foul trouble. Jackson made a nice run in first half and brought them back out of an early hole.

Second half, both teams went at it, but one player stood out. Myles Montgomery had a great second half. I don’t know how many he scored in the second half, but he played a great floor game. As I92 said, his IQ for a freshman is impressive. He made plays both scoring and passing and just took over when needed. The board had him for 29 and it didn’t even seem like he had that many.

Everything I92 recapped is spot on. Great game and moving on both teams got better from this game. Jackson knows they have to get better scoring and against a press. Minford has to get better against aggressive/great defensive pressure and not just rely on great shooting to win.
Good post

Return to “Boys Basketball”