Western @ Notre Dame

Western24
Freshman Team

Western @ Notre Dame

Post by Western24 »

Thoughts/ Predictions?? ND has played a tougher schedule early in the season and has dropped a couple to good teams. Western comes in at 6-0 with no game being closer than 13. Id assume this one is a couple possession ball game and will come down to the final possessions. Who ya got??

N2Hoops
Freshman Team

Re: Western @ Notre Dame

Post by N2Hoops »

I'll take Western by 2 with a late bucket.

Ballfan20
Waterboy

Post by Ballfan20 »

Western has to play well and take care of the ball. They haven’t played a hard and tough team yet. ND is gonna be after it, and that makes me go with ND by 2/4 points.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Western by 10

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I could see it going either way. Notre Dame has definitely had the tougher schedule thus far and that could have them ready for this matchup.

I'll go with the home team, Notre Dame, by a score of 51-46.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
AnkleBraces
Freshman Team

Post by AnkleBraces »

Western 55 ND 42

JustAnObserver
Waterboy

Post by JustAnObserver »

I'm not making a prediction rather making a point of order...
Yes ND has played a couple tougher games but to what end? How good is SV really?
How good is West that just got beat soundly by Eastern Pike that lost to Piketon by 13 who lost to Western by 20+. Eastern also lost to Huntington who lost bad to Western. So how good is West that beat ND by 1 or 2?
And South Webster beat ND soundly. The same SW team that beat Green, at Green, about the same as Western beat Green, at Green, last week.
So does that make Western more comparable to SW? Who knows but it's too early to think schedules tell that much.
Again, I am not arguing the outcome but I don't see ND's wins/losses as impressive as others seem to.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

JustAnObserver wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:03 pm I'm not making a prediction rather making a point of order...
Yes ND has played a couple tougher games but to what end? How good is SV really?
How good is West that just got beat soundly by Eastern Pike that lost to Piketon by 13 who lost to Western by 20+. Eastern also lost to Huntington who lost bad to Western. So how good is West that beat ND by 1 or 2?
And South Webster beat ND soundly. The same SW team that beat Green, at Green, about the same as Western beat Green, at Green, last week.
So does that make Western more comparable to SW? Who knows but it's too early to think schedules tell that much.
Again, I am not arguing the outcome but I don't see ND's wins/losses as impressive as others seem to.
Eastern beat West but with West's best player going down in the first handful of minutes. May not have mattered, but it did happen.

This is Western's first test while ND has been pushed several times.

I will take ND by 3 at home.

Playball07
Waterboy

Post by Playball07 »

I have to go with Western by 6. They have beaten 4 SVC teams...and not by a few. Like what I have seen out of them. Should be a really good game. Hard to win away but I think Western can do it.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Notre Dame

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Western by a gazillion

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

One of the better games Friday night I see the boys from West LA getting it done

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
HatTrick
Riding the Bench

Post by HatTrick »

Big SOC 1 match up- Latham by 12.

JustAnObserver
Waterboy

Post by JustAnObserver »

So this one lived up to the hype.
ND jumped out at home 7-0. That gym and loudness can get you for sure if you’re not mentally prepared.

End of 1 Western led 12-11
Halftime Western led 24-21
End of 3 Western led 36-31
Final Score Western 48 ND 47

Western led by as many as 10 in the second half. ND fought back and took a 4 point lead in the fourth.
With 20 seconds, ND leading 47-45, Noah Whitt hit a 3 to put the Indians up 1. Western held ND scoreless on one last possession to seal the win.

Very intense game from beginning to end with a lot of big shots and big plays in big moments.
A couple huge drives and finishes from Kolten Miller, and great ball handling and point guard play from Reed Brewster.
Every Indian that stepped onto the floor contributed. A literal team win.
Chase Carter didn’t have as many points as he’s been having but he drew a tough defensive assignment on a much taller player and came up big. Also drew some crucial charge calls.
Drew Haggy played great as a freshman guarding the point guard, scored a few, and took care of the ball.
Cam Janes (Freshman) didn’t play a lot of minutes but had a big steal before the half and hit 2 clutch free throws in the 4th.

Western slides into the outright lead in the SOC I with a long way to go in the season.

So glad to be in a packed gym after 1/4 full gyms last season. It was a great environment.

Return to “Boys Basketball”