(1) New Boston vs. (4) Lucasville Valley - District Championship

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: (1) New Boston vs. (4) Lucasville Valley - District Championship

Post by Raider6309 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:25 pm Not in Lawrence county either after seeing highlights from the Fairland-Adena game last night.
I wish Athens was more like that

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Congrats to New Boston. Sexton was best player on floor for sure, but supporting cast for New Boston really stepped up tonight. Senior experience really made a difference as well. Great to see this group get another District Championship.

As for Valley, they not going anywhere and will have some solid seasons coming up. Good luck to New Boston at Regionals!*

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Congratulations to Coach Cox & the Tiger Gang ... Sweet 16 !!! feels good I'm sure ... congratulations on an outstanding season, and wishing you the best on this magic ride again into the post season ... well done ... keep rolling for as long as the train will take you - pfloyd

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

VetteMan wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:44 pm Congrats New Boston on your District Championship and advancing to the Regional Semi-Finals.
I second that. Value the ball. Survive and advance.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Great job of New Boston using the zone, controlling tempo, and getting their best player the ball

Really surprised that a Norm coached team would look so undisciplined. They looked better the earlier in the year then they looked tonight. Norm barely stood up. If this was last year he would've been going balistoc

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Good win for Glenwood

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Got to watch some of the game, Congrats to NB! Solid team, and Sexton is a monster.

If you're a Valley fan how can you NOT be excited about the upcoming seasons, I didnt realize they were THAT young, looking forward to the future!

Good Luck in Regionals Tigers.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:17 am Great job of New Boston using the zone, controlling tempo, and getting their best player the ball

Really surprised that a Norm coached team would look so undisciplined. They looked better the earlier in the year then they looked tonight. Norm barely stood up. If this was last year he would've been going balistoc
Probably a combination of nerves and frustration from a mostly underclassmen rotation.

Nobody expected Valley to beat Burg or Waverly this year. But it wasn’t completely out of the question to see them get to D4 regionals with their talent. Seemed like their kids felt that pressure last night and just didn’t respond. Now they’ve felt it, I would be surprised if they not at Regionals next 2 years*

Put_me_in_coach
Waterboy

Post by Put_me_in_coach »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:17 am Great job of New Boston using the zone, controlling tempo, and getting their best player the ball

So what’s that say about a seated Norm?

Prince
Riding the Bench

Post by Prince »

Not totally sure about this but the word in Ironton is that after one of the earlier Tournament games he passed out in the Locker Room . That may be the reason he was not up and about . Again not sure but that was the word on the street our way .

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

I’m gonna make this post since I’ve been getting roasted on Facebook by the faithful. I’m not a new Boston hater by any means. I’m glad I’m living rent free on the bulletin board in the locker room though for picking Valley by 20 though.

Anyone who knows basketball knows a ten point game in the final minute or minute and half can easily be a twenty point game after intentional fouls. So let’s not get it twisted that I was calling for a “blowout” by Valley. I thought it would be closer than what it ended up being and myself and about 10 other people here agreed.

As far as my comment goes about NB standing 6th in the SOC2, I’ll amend that to say possibly 3rd or 4th. Burg and Waverly were the cream this year. West goes to deep and to long for a team that runs 6 mostly and they had a stellar season. Head to head with Minford we all saw what happened on NB’s court. Now consider Minford/Webster/Valley all split with each other and Webster defeated ND twice. The D4 schools in SOC2 records don’t look as good as 20-2 but by and large there is a huge gap in the competition played and not a lot of comparisons available to make a guess with which is why I’ve questioned exactly how good NB is all season long.

I recently talked to someone deep in the program who also agreed they can be very sporadic and play poorly or they can play OUTSTANDING and dominate and how I thought the Minford loss was what they needed before the tournament. Sporadic and D4 does not = top tier in SOC2 and never has as long as I can remember.

With that said the tiger gang is the real deal and I have some fresh South Webster farm raised crow in the frying pan right now. Transplant if you want to come over and get a plate, let me know. I apologize to anyone out there who I’ve rubbed the wrong way in the past 12 or 13 years or however long I’ve been posting here but I’ve never posted anything here that would warrant the insults being thrown at me by people I don’t know personally and have never actually talked to a day in my life.

Geux Tigers.
-Zach

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I’ll second that man. I was wrong too. I wasn’t trying to bash new Boston at all either. I know coach cox personally and want him and his tigers to succeed. Valley didn’t play their best game and new Boston played well. I give them credit for the win. Good luck the rest of the way, I’ll be cheering you on from lucasville.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Congrats to NB. Good teams can and will make an equally good team look pedestrian. It is what it is. Wishing nothing but the best going forward.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:06 pm I’m gonna make this post since I’ve been getting roasted on Facebook by the faithful. I’m not a new Boston hater by any means. I’m glad I’m living rent free on the bulletin board in the locker room though for picking Valley by 20 though.

Anyone who knows basketball knows a ten point game in the final minute or minute and half can easily be a twenty point game after intentional fouls. So let’s not get it twisted that I was calling for a “blowout” by Valley. I thought it would be closer than what it ended up being and myself and about 10 other people here agreed.

As far as my comment goes about NB standing 6th in the SOC2, I’ll amend that to say possibly 3rd or 4th. Burg and Waverly were the cream this year. West goes to deep and to long for a team that runs 6 mostly and they had a stellar season. Head to head with Minford we all saw what happened on NB’s court. Now consider Minford/Webster/Valley all split with each other and Webster defeated ND twice. The D4 schools in SOC2 records don’t look as good as 20-2 but by and large there is a huge gap in the competition played and not a lot of comparisons available to make a guess with which is why I’ve questioned exactly how good NB is all season long.

I recently talked to someone deep in the program who also agreed they can be very sporadic and play poorly or they can play OUTSTANDING and dominate and how I thought the Minford loss was what they needed before the tournament. Sporadic and D4 does not = top tier in SOC2 and never has as long as I can remember.

With that said the tiger gang is the real deal and I have some fresh South Webster farm raised crow in the frying pan right now. Transplant if you want to come over and get a plate, let me know. I apologize to anyone out there who I’ve rubbed the wrong way in the past 12 or 13 years or however long I’ve been posting here but I’ve never posted anything here that would warrant the insults being thrown at me by people I don’t know personally and have never actually talked to a day in my life.

Geux Tigers.
-Zach
Hey Swanker the only problem I have is you didn't show any love to young Mohawks a couple weeks ago. Lol!
Just messing with ya. I was wrong too, thought Valley would win.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

BigBlueNation wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:59 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:06 pm I’m gonna make this post since I’ve been getting roasted on Facebook by the faithful. I’m not a new Boston hater by any means. I’m glad I’m living rent free on the bulletin board in the locker room though for picking Valley by 20 though.

Geux Tigers.
-Zach
Hey Swanker the only problem I have is you didn't show any love to young Mohawks a couple weeks ago. Lol!
Just messing with ya. I was wrong too, thought Valley would win.
I completely forgot about that game until later that night when someone asked me how we got trolloped by Northwest. I checked out there for a little bit at the end of the regular season 😂 idk who holds the record for NW but Lintz might break it

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Swanker: you becoming Facebook famous as well? Lol. I was wrong on my prediction as well. Sexton was just a man amongst boys and Jones was great as well. New Boston was the better team and proved a bunch of us SOC II guys wrong*

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

art_vandelay wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:47 pm Swanker: you becoming Facebook famous as well? Lol. I was wrong on my prediction as well. Sexton was just a man amongst boys and Jones was great as well. New Boston was the better team and proved a bunch of us SOC II guys wrong*
Yeah looks like new Boston’s assistants want to flap their gums on social media and make it personal because I said new Boston might lose by 20 to valley.screenshots from this thread in particular of what I said and what transplant and others said. I guess that’s running kids down. Newsflash we speculate on every single game of the season on here so there must be a lot of running kids down apparently. Better yet I just checked the post and the sorry asses deleted what I said back about being wrong and owning up to it but the personal attacks on me from Roger Hall, who I don’t think I’ve ever once talked to in my life, are still up there. Dude knows me awful well apparently and had no issue running down myself as a kid 15 years ago when my sports career was slowly ended by a chronic disease and multiple major injuries that took me YEARS to recover from.

On the other side of the coin though I ran into Ater at the barbershop before they played Zane Trace and chatted with him for a minute and he said he hasn’t looked at this website in years because he doesn’t care and we caught up since the last time I saw him and lord knows I love to poke the Burg Bear.

I don’t mind saying I was wrong but don’t delete my response just because it wasn’t the gas you were looking for. At least grow some sack and tag me in it next time.

Penguin
Freshman Team

Post by Penguin »

How many of the New Boston key players are actually New Boston kids?

BobcatFuture1
Freshman Team

Post by BobcatFuture1 »

Penguin wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:51 am How many of the New Boston key players are actually New Boston kids?
Doesn't matter they will all be humbled by Berlin-Hiland again soon enough. It takes discipline to win at that level.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Penguin wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:51 am How many of the New Boston key players are actually New Boston kids?
None of their top 6 rotational players played junior high basketball at New Boston.

However, a few of them were in/out of Elementary school there. I'm not sure what years some of them left/returned.

BobcatFuture1 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:00 am

Doesn't matter they will all be humbled by Berlin-Hiland again soon enough. It takes discipline to win at that level.
Normally I would agree but this is not Berlin's strongest team as of late. Many in the East expected this to be a 'down' year for Hiland (if there is such a thing). They don't have that go to player or extreme size this year. But they do have a phenomenal coach who always has his kids put in the right spots.

Sexton will be the best player in the regional. He is that good. And as many of us have seen in the past, sometimes the best player can will a team to a regional title. We shall see!

Watching SE Ohio basketball

Return to “Boys Basketball”