Janaury Blues

LeftHanded
Freshman Team

Janaury Blues

Post by LeftHanded »

I didn't really think it would bother me this much not being able to go to games, but I never realized how much it occupies my time during the cold dark months of January and February. Hoping something changes for tournament time because it's bumming me out.

Don't get me wrong, the streaming services are fantastic. Definitely better than nothing. Just not the same.

I miss the ignorant fans yelling at the refs over 100% correct calls. Haha

mlittle
SEOP

Re: Janaury Blues

Post by mlittle »

There is something therapeutic about yelling at terrible referees

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Same man same. It’s been tough this year. Especially when you can see the gym from your house and all the people who get to be there. I’m addicted to high school basketball And the rush you get in them close games.

The good news is we’re halfway through January almost

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

mlittle wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:08 pm There is something therapeutic about yelling at terrible referees
I love going to games where my team doesn’t play and listening to the fans. Man we are dumb :lol:

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:54 pm
mlittle wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:08 pm There is something therapeutic about yelling at terrible referees
I love going to games where my team doesn’t play and listening to the fans. Man we are dumb :lol:
I love yelling dumb stuff just for people who show up to hear dumb stuff. And I laugh every time someone on either side says stuff as dumb as what I say 😆

LeftHanded
Freshman Team

Post by LeftHanded »

mlittle wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:04 pm
I love yelling dumb stuff just for people who show up to hear dumb stuff. And I laugh every time someone on either side says stuff as dumb as what I say 😆
Nothing better than being at a game where you aren't really rooting for either team, then go back and forth yelling at the ref as if you are rooting for both teams. I can get some very confused looks.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

LeftHanded wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:12 pm
mlittle wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:04 pm

Nothing better than being at a game where you aren't really rooting for either team, then go back and forth yelling at the ref as if you are rooting for both teams. I can get some very confused looks.
2 games this year when a ref made a call in favor of our team I boo’d them and it really confuses them coming from the other side.

Almost got tossed doing this last year. Hahaha

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

Haven't been tossed but got the look when I asked him if he wanted to use my glasses.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Got tossed from a JH game 5 or 6 years ago. I haven’t lived like that since. All I said was you can reach but you can’t touch 🤷🏻‍♂️

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:09 pm Got tossed from a JH game 5 or 6 years ago. I haven’t lived like that since. All I said was you can reach but you can’t touch 🤷🏻‍♂️
Saturday the ref called double dribble on my boy from BEHIND him. All he could see was his back. He did a hesitation dribble and ref called double dribble. I tried getting thrown out but he was so old he couldn’t hear anything I was yelling. I just ended up losing my voice for nothing. We were up 30 btw

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

And some people miss getting their popcorn and watching people attend their therapeutic sessions in the stands lmao 😜

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

shoelace wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:52 am
And some people miss getting their popcorn and watching people attend their therapeutic sessions in the stands lmao 😜
I’ve actually been pretty good since getting tossed season before last. I get a little worked up now and then buy been solid last season and a half.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

mlittle wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:46 am
I’ve actually been pretty good since getting tossed season before last. I get a little worked up now and then buy been solid last season and a half.
Were you tired last Friday at Southeastern? I don't think we heard a peep from you. :lol: :lol:

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Crab's Brother wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:15 am
mlittle wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:46 am

Were you tired last Friday at Southeastern? I don't think we heard a peep from you. :lol: :lol:
No. I have a history with that gym. That’s where I got tossed last time. Was Lucasdavenports fault more than mine, but no need bringing up the past. Plus Isaac played pretty well (along with rest of team) so not much reason to yell. Gotta little worked up in the Westfall game tho. Some crews just allow too much contact with the 2 hands crap on the ball handler. No freedom of movement and when a kid makes his living getting to the paint it’s hard to watch some nights.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I bet fan ejections are way down this year, LOL.
We’ve been to several Waverly games (didn’t get to go to West or South Webster) but have been to the rest. The atmosphere just isn’t the same with such limited fans. It’s so quite people like mlittle can’t really yell at the refs or he’d be tossed every game......

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

smurray wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:59 pm
I bet fan ejections are way down this year, LOL.
We’ve been to several Waverly games (didn’t get to go to West or South Webster) but have been to the rest. The atmosphere just isn’t the same with such limited fans. It’s so quite people like mlittle can’t really yell at the refs or he’d be tossed every game......
No. That’s what the masks are for smurray. They have no clue where the yelling is coming from.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Seen a few people get tossed this year. Couple rowdy games but mostly quiet. ZT was rowdy for us because they love to hate them some Isaac Little out that way 😆

goindians42
Riding the Bench

Post by goindians42 »

I miss going to games!! Love watching High School basketball. It makes the winter go fast, gives us all something to do and look forward to. Well pre covid anyway.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Glad I can watch on computer, but I definitely missing going to games in person. Can’t replicate the intensity of a high school basketball game that is tight in 4th quarter and can swing on any one play/call.*

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

art_vandelay wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:23 am Glad I can watch on computer, but I definitely missing going to games in person. Can’t replicate the intensity of a high school basketball game that is tight in 4th quarter and can swing on any one play/call.*
I’m going to games and I still
Miss this. Don’t get me wrong I’m happy to watch my kids play but the gyms just aren’t the same.

Return to “Boys Basketball”