Post by Raycharles »

What’s everyone know about fairland?

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
Hoopie74
SEOP

Re: Fairland Wood

Post by Hoopie74 »

Raycharles wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:54 am What’s everyone know about fairland?
Clockwork.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

They have Speed

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

danicalifornia wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:17 pm They have Speed
I thought they slow it down?

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Raycharles wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:36 pm
haha! Coach Speed!

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Hoopie74 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:51 pm
Raycharles wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:36 pm
haha! Coach Speed!
They play a very tough fundamental game. They work the matchups and make very ,very few mistakes. They are mentally tough and believe in their coach and his system.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Not a team of all stars but have some ballers. 5 kids who play as a team and do not make mistakes. They can shoot inside and definitely outside. A fun team to watch.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
BRabbit
Waterboy

Post by BRabbit »

From what I’ve seen, 3 and 1 are both very capable scorers. 0 has a nice inside/mid range game. They try to slow it down and control pace of play. Will be a fun game between these two schools.

BBALLBABE32
Waterboy

Post by BBALLBABE32 »

Fairland.....

Just better than you.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Very solid all around and fundamental. Tons of players who can shoot the lights out. Thomas is hands down the best floor manager of any player in SEO.

Only weakness is depth. They have one kid on the bench (Schmidt) they're comfortable subbing but after that they take a decent drop off. Extremely smart team who will be a tough out for anyone.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
BRabbit
Waterboy

Post by BRabbit »

Looking forward to the trip to Athens. Will be Woods first trip there in basketball. Ridgewood has had a very nice season and currently sit at 24-2. One loss came to the D1 Massillon Tigers and another to Berlin Hiland who is in their conference and they split with. Hiland has a battle themselves tomorrow night at the convo. Almost all of the wood players are also on the football and baseball teams and made the regional final in football and lost in the state championship in baseball within the last year so they have seen some big games. Its been a very fun group at Ridgewood and looking forward to watching them compete Wednesday night.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I can guarantee one thing having watched Fairland multiple times. They will play their game regardless of who they're playing. And their game won't impress those who want flash and dash, but their methodical style of many cuts and screens on offense can frustrate the opponent to the point that a breakdown on defense will inevitably happen. If need be, they can do damage from the perimeter, and like bbjunky81 stated, Clayton Thomas is like a coach on the floor. The Fairland machine-like precision begins with Thomas, and his teammates complete the spokes on the wheel. The Dragons are 68-2 in the 5 years they have ruled the OVC.

One advantage that the Dragons may have is getting to play 2 games on the Convo floor already. As nice as the Convo is, it has a reputation for being a graveyard for great shooters who don't have any experience of being there. The spacious backdrop behind the backboards can make depth perception a deception.

hegotgame
Riding the Bench

Post by hegotgame »

Excited to watch The Wood on Wednesday night. First trip in school history to the regionals. As stated earlier Fairland already having two games at the convo, I’ve always wondered why the southeast district gets to play their regional and districts at the same place. Same thing with the way baseball used to be at Paint Stadium.
But excited to watch the generals at the convo. No matter the venue, they will show up and play.

Dragon70
Freshman Team

Post by Dragon70 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:28 am Very solid all around and fundamental. Tons of players who can shoot the lights out. Thomas is hands down the best floor manager of any player in SEO.

Only weakness is depth. They have one kid on the bench (Schmidt) they're comfortable subbing but after that they take a decent drop off. Extremely smart team who will be a tough out for anyone.
Not so sure how you can state that they take a decent drop off after Schmidt cause those boys may not get the opportunity to showcase their skills. After all they were up by 20-30 points in the 4th quarter and never got a chance to play. Taylor scored 8 points out of 49 against Huntington High which helped them to a huge win. Thacker hit two threes at Peake before half for a huge burst of offense and momentum. Manns had 15 points against St. Joe and Rock Hill while only playing the fourth quarter. Speed has never played more than 6 maybe 7 kids hence when they beat Peake by 60 points two years ago. Not so sure it's the players it may be the coach.

downatthehalf
Waterboy

Post by downatthehalf »

So who’s gonna give up the goods on Wood? Seems unfair and one sided.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

downatthehalf wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:52 pm So who’s gonna give up the goods on Wood? Seems unfair and one sided.
There is an earlier game from Hiland and Ridgewood on YouTube. Berlin Hiland heading.

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

The Fairland v Ridgewood game will be broadcast on Fox Sports 1230/1420 WIRO (Ironton).

Post by MrFirstTake »

A lot of ridgewood basketball games are on storied rivals youtube page

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

A lot of faces look familiar from football season

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Seems like the guards try and get to the rim a lot. Seem to penetrate and kick a bunch usually someone posted around the perimeter waiting for the pass and shot

Return to “Boys Basketball”