D IV District Final: Peebles vs St. Joe

highflyer
Riding the Bench

Re: D IV District Final: Peebles vs St. Joe

Post by highflyer »

Thanks, but would rather earn your respect & call us by our name!

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

Frank Reagan wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:53 am
bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:25 am
TheFlyingDutchman wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:52 pm ISJ will again be the underdog as they were against Symmes Valley(SJ won), as they were against Valley(SJ won) and as they were against FH(SJ won).
Peebles seem to be the real deal but the Flyers again will show up and play their guts out like they have all year. As far as David vs Goliath we all know who won that battle. GO FLYERS GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why would St. Joe be the underdog vs. Symmes Valley?

They definitely weren't the underdog against Valley... St. Joe was the #5 seed, Valley was the #12.

I would say they were the underdog against Fed Hock though and pulled out a great victory.. I'm happy for them and the community, I know this moment means a lot to them.

With that said, Peebles is a different animal. I'm sticking with my prediction that either Peebles or Malvern wins this regional... St. Joe will give it all they got and I think they'll keep it close for awhile..... but Peebles is simply the cream of the crop in SEO D4 this year.
I would say St. Joe was considered SEOPS underdogs. The Symmes Valley game, the talk was about how SJ had lost at SV earlier in the year, the talk before the Valley game was about how much tougher the schedule for Valley was being in the upper division of the SOC and the Fed Hock game it was the size advantage for FH. Anyway, the Flyers will show up. It is nice to see a little more respect for the Flyers in this thread than the FH thread. I hope for a good and safe game for all involved.

Go Flyers!
To be fair the disrespect was flowing both ways. Don’t let a couple keyboard warriors that just register to talk crap ruin it for real Lancer fans. I’m happy for the Flyers, it was a great game to watch. Probably one of the best to be played at the Convo this year. Both teams deserved to be here. My prediction for the Peebles game hasn’t changed because the Flyers won. It would be the same if FH had won. They are just a machine this year. Flyers will have to light it up from 3 point land again. They were 9-16 in the FH game it came down to the wire. Hard to shoot it better than that but I feel they will need to. I will be here to take it in. Good luck to both teams!

Frequent Flyer
Riding the Bench

Post by Frequent Flyer »

highflyer wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:35 pm Thanks, but would rather earn your respect & call us by our name!
I think we are gonna whip them kids from Pebbles! Do they use bam bam as a mascot?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Frequent Flyer wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:50 pm
highflyer wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:35 pm Thanks, but would rather earn your respect & call us by our name!
I think we are gonna whip them kids from Pebbles! Do they use bam bam as a mascot?
Yeah but they spell it baam baam

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

fYI, pretty sure Frequent is a troll.

Frequent Flyer
Riding the Bench

Post by Frequent Flyer »

TheFlyingDutchman wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:39 pm fYI, pretty sure Frequent is a troll.
FYI. People living in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones. You don’t know me and what my loyalty is regarding my beloved ISJ. Furthermore I don’t have to tell you anything to prove anything. My feelings when reading your post kinda makes you a troll. Just sayin.

pleasanttiger
SEO

Post by pleasanttiger »

Just want to say good luck to the Flyers of ST JOE. Sure they are a huge underdog but if they can put their 4 best quarters together they will be right in the mix. I can promise you 3 things about the game
The Flyers will be in Athens
They will lacem’ up tight
They will have left it all on the court when the final horn sounds!

Go Flyers!

:D :D :D
Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

Frequent Flyer wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:15 pm
TheFlyingDutchman wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:39 pm fYI, pretty sure Frequent is a troll.
FYI. People living in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones. You don’t know me and what my loyalty is regarding my beloved ISJ. Furthermore I don’t have to tell you anything to prove anything. My feelings when reading your post kinda makes you a troll. Just sayin.
I think Dutch is right, you must be a troll because any true Flyer fan doesn't refer to him/her self as ISJ. We are St. Joseph Central Catholic High School, not Ironton St. Joe.

Doing the right thing is rarely easy.
Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

JC2124 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:09 pm
Frank Reagan wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:53 am
bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:25 am

Why would St. Joe be the underdog vs. Symmes Valley?

They definitely weren't the underdog against Valley... St. Joe was the #5 seed, Valley was the #12.

I would say they were the underdog against Fed Hock though and pulled out a great victory.. I'm happy for them and the community, I know this moment means a lot to them.

With that said, Peebles is a different animal. I'm sticking with my prediction that either Peebles or Malvern wins this regional... St. Joe will give it all they got and I think they'll keep it close for awhile..... but Peebles is simply the cream of the crop in SEO D4 this year.
I would say St. Joe was considered SEOPS underdogs. The Symmes Valley game, the talk was about how SJ had lost at SV earlier in the year, the talk before the Valley game was about how much tougher the schedule for Valley was being in the upper division of the SOC and the Fed Hock game it was the size advantage for FH. Anyway, the Flyers will show up. It is nice to see a little more respect for the Flyers in this thread than the FH thread. I hope for a good and safe game for all involved.

Go Flyers!
To be fair the disrespect was flowing both ways. Don’t let a couple keyboard warriors that just register to talk crap ruin it for real Lancer fans. I’m happy for the Flyers, it was a great game to watch. Probably one of the best to be played at the Convo this year. Both teams deserved to be here. My prediction for the Peebles game hasn’t changed because the Flyers won. It would be the same if FH had won. They are just a machine this year. Flyers will have to light it up from 3 point land again. They were 9-16 in the FH game it came down to the wire. Hard to shoot it better than that but I feel they will need to. I will be here to take it in. Good luck to both teams!
I agree there was a bit of banter back and forth that was typical of SEOPS, but the total disrespect and religious bigotry by calling the Flyers St. Jude is intolerable and as we see, it continues on this thread, even after one certain Lancer fan's team has been eliminated.

goindians42
Riding the Bench

Post by goindians42 »

Need to check your program, It is PEEBLES, Not Pebbles. We are the Indians not the Flinstones.

Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

goindians42 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:32 am

Need to check your program, It is PEEBLES, Not Pebbles. We are the Indians not the Flinstones.
Please ignore that one. Obviously a troll or an immature juvenile still waiting for his nads to drop. True Flyer fans are respectful and not that ignorant.

OSU Alumni 2000
Riding the Bench

Post by OSU Alumni 2000 »

Having watched both teams play.
I see St. Joe hanging around for 2.5 quarters before the Indians kick it in a notch.
Peebles by 15.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

One thing is certain- for ISJ to have a shot of winning this game they cannot come out and play in the 2nd half like they did against Valley or FH. They have to find a way to muster up a lead going into halftime and then do something with it coming out of the break.

Peebles is a much different monster than Valley or FH.

Good luck to the Flyers

REDMEN24
Waterboy

Post by REDMEN24 »

Better be watching out for Zach Roach. Fed Hock is still having nightmares about him....

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

This might turn out to be a really good game. Peebles beat New Boston in a close game, while the Flyers played NB close twice. You can't necessarily go by comparative scores, but it might indicate a competitive, 4 quarter contest. It's for a district title, so both teams will go all out for those medals.

Coach Arey is one of the really good people in the coaching profession. I have talked with him a number of times, and he has always been gracious with his time.

If the Indians win, I'll be happy for Hoopie74. He loves his Peebles Indians but he is also a basketball fan as you can tell by his posts on SEOPS.

Frequent Flyer
Riding the Bench

Post by Frequent Flyer »

Frank Reagan wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:43 am
Frequent Flyer wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:15 pm
I think Dutch is right, you must be a troll because any true Flyer fan doesn't refer to him/her self as ISJ. We are St. Joseph Central Catholic High School, not Ironton St. Joe.
So, you must be saying TheFlyingDutchman is a troll then, cause he also uses ISJ. SMDH

I still think Pebbles is in trouble. Our ISJ boys are hitting on all cylinders right now. Just ask FedHocker. :mrgreen:

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

And we wonder why this forum is dying a slow death⬆️⬆️

Frequent Flyer
Riding the Bench

Post by Frequent Flyer »

I think the speed at which we get the ball up the floor and our excellent outside shhooting will be the difference we need to beat Pebbles.

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

I think St. Joe has the ability to control Peebles somewhat. If they can get the three ball falling like they did against Federal they may just surprise some people.

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
highflyer
Riding the Bench

Post by highflyer »

Our Entire Student Body!

Return to “Boys Basketball”