D3 District Championship - Zane Trace vs. Ironton

bbjunky81
SEO

D3 District Championship - Zane Trace vs. Ironton

Post by bbjunky81 »

Thoughts on this matchup? Zane Trace won a tight one at home 54-50 during the season where Ironton led in the second half. Tons of athletes on the floor for this one.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
wobycat
SEOPS

Re: D3 District Championship - Zane Trace vs. Ironton

Post by wobycat »

bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:46 am Thoughts on this matchup? Zane Trace won a tight one at home 54-50 during the season where Ironton led in the second half. Tons of athletes on the floor for this one.

How does Zane Trace play?

It’s about matchups. You play half court game with ironton, they eat you alive. Push the tempo and they’re uncomfortable.

JFLRADIO Big Mor
Riding the Bench

Post by JFLRADIO Big Mor »

Ironton playing as good as ball as anyone right now and brings a physical presence to the game that can bring problems in the playoffs. Its not the confrence officials calling everything for you. I like ironton in this one

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Getting the eye test on both teams last night I like ZT in this one by about 6 before intentional fouls start

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ironton is unpredictable. Their kids like the big stage. Love that Carrico is playing.

I don’t see them shooting lights out again s ZT. It will be a battle I think.

I’m going with Evans and ZT

Good luck to the officiating crew. Won’t be easy

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Post by Smokyhollowbandit »

Ironton is very physical and Zane Trace has some nice size. There will be a lot of great athletes out their in the court. I think this one stays really really close thought the entire game, but I think ZT wins it by 5.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:19 am Ironton is unpredictable. Their kids like the big stage. Love that Carrico is playing.

I don’t see them shooting lights out again s ZT. It will be a battle I think.

I’m going with Evans and ZT

Good luck to the officiating crew. Won’t be easy
Agree about them shooting lights out. I really think that Eastern Brown was in shock from the way they were shooting from the get go. Not that Ironton would not have won the game regardless, but to come out and hit that many 3's at the start of the game, would probably set anyone back on there heels. I've watched Ironton 2 times this year, and maybe it was just the matchups that they were playing against, but in those 2 games, they were anything but a 3 point shooting team. The game at Zane Trace was a very close ballgame, I don't see a high scoring game this time, it very well could come down to witch ever team can dictate the tempo that they want to play at.

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

I will take Ironton in this one. Ironton beat the Burg, when they were ranked number 1 in the state,
and Eastern Brown finish 7th in the state. Ironton can play with the top teams in D-3 in the state.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Burg never had any business being ranked 🙄

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Ironton can win this game, having lost only 54-50 at Zane Trace a couple of weeks ago. IHS led with 3 minutes to go. The Pioneers go in as the favorite, but this has to be a nervous game for them, given how the Fighting Tigers played them at ZT. Ironton must keep ZT off the glass, because with the Pioneers' size advantage, putbacks could determine the final outcome. Shooting the 3 as well as they did vs. Eastern Brown will certainly help IHS, because I don't look for very much dribble penetration by the Fighting Tigers.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

It will be Zane Trace's third close game of the tournament.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

If Ironton can continue shooting that well from the perimeter ,I believe they will win. Their ball movement was very good. Defense and strength is not to be overlooked. Many may disagree ,but; they just beat a very good team by winning the mental game against a mentally tough team. I have no dog in the fight. Just my opinion.

DaTANK
Waterboy

Post by DaTANK »

I would not want to play Ironton right now. They know who they are. They don’t care to beat you up.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Zane Trace should win this game. But, Ironton did play them tight at Zane Trace

ZT typically defends the 3 point line well, although they haven’t in the tournament yet, and should be able to match the Tigers physicality.

25th Street NW
Varsity

Post by 25th Street NW »

Don't be surprised that the winner of this game plays Worthington Christian in the Regional Semi-Final.
Worthington Christian (19-4) and Harvest Prep will be a close one in the District Finals. Worthington Christian played in what was a tough Mid State League Ohio this year. Grandview Heights, Buckeye Valley, Wellington and Whitehall were all good teams this winter.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

25th Street NW wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:13 pm Don't be surprised that the winner of this game plays Worthington Christian in the Regional Semi-Final.
Worthington Christian (19-4) and Harvest Prep will be a close one in the District Finals. Worthington Christian played in what was a tough Mid State League Ohio this year. Grandview Heights, Buckeye Valley, Wellington and Whitehall were all good teams this winter.
I talked to one of the assistants from Harvest Prep and he said that WC is the real deal. Prep has the best player, but WC has a similar amount of overall talent.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Was Carrico 100% healthy in the last matchup?

Go Fighting Tigers......

Prince
Riding the Bench

Post by Prince »

Ironton is playing lights out and the Defense is carrying them. ZT will have the best player in Evans but I like the Tigers.....

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Harvest Prep is still very good, don't get me wrong. But this isn't the Harvest Prep we've seen in past years. Anthony is still a stud and Beavers is pretty solid, after that they're very athletic but not as skilled as years past. If there ever was a year for them to get knocked out before State, this is it..... but Anthony is so talented he can literally take over games.

Worthington Christian and Harvest would be an awesome game.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
25th Street NW
Varsity

Post by 25th Street NW »

Harvest Prep and Worthington Christian both won by 20+ Tuesday night. They will play each other on Friday also.

Return to “Boys Basketball”