2020 SVC POY

KRS
JV Team

Re: 2020 SVC POY

Post by KRS »

I have no idea on the official list but I think it would have been like this if I had a vote.
Zt with 3
Unioto 3
adena 2
Piketon 2
PV 2
WF 1
Hunt 1
SE I
. Did I win? Congrats to all that were selected.
Last edited by KRS on Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

football life
Freshman Team

Post by football life »

mlittle wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:01 pm First I want to say Evans and Little both have league games left that they need to worry about winning. If either team slips up it could affect who gets POY.

If both win out I could see a split for POY COY and league title. My argument for Little is simple. The first half of the season he was the best player on the court in every game he played in. He was beating Evans in every statistical category possible other than scoring and was only behind in that by 1.5 points. He also won the head to head in which he also was the best player on the court in that game. He struggled while hurt but his first game back to reasonable health against Adena which is still a top team in our league especially defensively he scored 21 points on 9 shots. I’d also ask if you took each perspective player off the team who would win more games? Based off most posts in here (not my own) everyone was saying ZT has the better supporting cast. Cam Evans is an awesome player and is deserving of the award but no player in our league is more important to their team than Isaac Little.

How is Unioto not a dumpster fire after this comment?? The kids must be more humble than the adults.

Big Daddy 7371
Varsity

Post by Big Daddy 7371 »

KRS wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:15 pm I have no idea on the official list but I think it would have been like this if I had a vote.
Zt with 3
Unioto 3
adena 2
Piketon 2
PV 2
WF 1
Hunt 1
SE I
. Did I win? Congrats to all that were selected.
close :lol:

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

football life wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:17 pm
mlittle wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:01 pm First I want to say Evans and Little both have league games left that they need to worry about winning. If either team slips up it could affect who gets POY.

If both win out I could see a split for POY COY and league title. My argument for Little is simple. The first half of the season he was the best player on the court in every game he played in. He was beating Evans in every statistical category possible other than scoring and was only behind in that by 1.5 points. He also won the head to head in which he also was the best player on the court in that game. He struggled while hurt but his first game back to reasonable health against Adena which is still a top team in our league especially defensively he scored 21 points on 9 shots. I’d also ask if you took each perspective player off the team who would win more games? Based off most posts in here (not my own) everyone was saying ZT has the better supporting cast. Cam Evans is an awesome player and is deserving of the award but no player in our league is more important to their team than Isaac Little.

How is Unioto not a dumpster fire after this comment?? The kids must be more humble than the adults.
I always teach my kids to do what I say not what I do. It seems to be working so far

blueskin
Riding the Bench

Post by blueskin »

Evans is the best player in the league and should be POY.

Rick Vice 5
Waterboy

Post by Rick Vice 5 »

Evans is hands down the best player in the SVC and deserves POY

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Now that the all league lists are out everyone can see the issue with it

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Nipgen was spot on

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

A lot of people had the same top 5.

Unioto with only 2 all leaguers is a bit of a slap in the face

ComebackSzn
Waterboy

Post by ComebackSzn »

List was spot on, POY was spot on. Don’t see any other scenarios where Evans isn’t POY.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Not gonna argue the first 5. I think they got that 100% right. The next 10 is a mess

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Unioto probably deserved another player, sharing the title and all but not sure who I would have removed to make that happen. All things considered a pretty good job by the coaches.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

My biggest issue our second best player is on 3rd team and we are short a kid. We have the same representation in the all league voting as a team with 4-5 league wins. Not gonna single anyone out because the kids aren’t to blame but we should’ve had another kid represented and Swain being third team is a joke as well.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

I don't disagree, maybe That's why you also have the coach of the year. :D. You guys have said all season that you have done more with less, the coaches must have agreed. I would have thought trace and unioto deserved 3 each. Makes the league title more special.
Last edited by KRS on Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

KRS wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:05 pm Don't disagree, maybe That's why also have the coach of the year. :D
Coach of the decade in this case. Lol

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

mlittle wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:09 pm
KRS wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:05 pm Don't disagree, maybe That's why also have the coach of the year. :D
Coach of the decade in this case. Lol
Yes

BudLytle
Riding the Bench

Post by BudLytle »

mlittle... dont totally disagree with you on both fronts! Thought Swain would have been higher, and certainly thought Unioto would get 3 on... In saying that, I dont know who you take off to get that Unioto 3rd or who you move to get Swain higher! However, one of the toughest things to do is vote all league for a team who is as balanced as Unioto... they have several young men, in my opinion, who could have filled a spot on one of the 3 teams, but with the balance, many times those young men split the votes between themselves and none of them get enough votes to get on!

Dont necessarily know that it is a slap in the face as much as a testiment to the balance of the team as a whole... again, not saying I agree with it, but also not convinced it was totally intentional on the coaches part! Congrats to Issaac for his regular season and he is certainly deserving of the accolades he is receiving and good luck in the tourney run!

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

BudLytle wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:05 pm mlittle... dont totally disagree with you on both fronts! Thought Swain would have been higher, and certainly thought Unioto would get 3 on... In saying that, I dont know who you take off to get that Unioto 3rd or who you move to get Swain higher! However, one of the toughest things to do is vote all league for a team who is as balanced as Unioto... they have several young men, in my opinion, who could have filled a spot on one of the 3 teams, but with the balance, many times those young men split the votes between themselves and none of them get enough votes to get on!

Dont necessarily know that it is a slap in the face as much as a testiment to the balance of the team as a whole... again, not saying I agree with it, but also not convinced it was totally intentional on the coaches part! Congrats to Issaac for his regular season and he is certainly deserving of the accolades he is receiving and good luck in the tourney run!
Thank you. Maybe slap in the face was a little harsh. I just hate because they are all so unselfish and play the right way for each other they won’t get to enjoy some of the personal accolades some lesser teams will. That being said, knowing the kids and the staff as well as I do I believe the season they are having will be plenty enough reward.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

I don't have a dog in the fight, so I can be blunt. The list is a joke if Unioto put forward more than two players for the top 15 and only got two. They are a co-conference champion for a reason and for them to have the same amount of top 15 kids as teams they beat convincingly during the season is not right. Nothing against the kids who made it, but any list should start with taking care of the best teams first.

Big Daddy 7371
Varsity

Post by Big Daddy 7371 »

bman wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:59 pm I don't have a dog in the fight, so I can be blunt. The list is a joke if Unioto put forward more than two players for the top 15 and only got two. They are a co-conference champion for a reason and for them to have the same amount of top 15 kids as teams they beat convincingly during the season is not right. Nothing against the kids who made it, but any list should start with taking care of the best teams first.
AMEN Brother

Return to “Boys Basketball”