Wheelersburg @ Waverly Thurs 2/13

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Re: Wheelersburg @ Waverly 2/7

Post by PirateFan[69] »

Burg by 5
Last edited by PirateFan[69] on Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Both took care of business tonight to set up the showdown Friday night in the Palace Hawhee built.
Not sure Waverly’s health on Friday, two players getting back healthy (have played through sicknesses the last week or so) while Brown was out tonight with the flu. Another player went home from school early (sick) today but played.
Hopefully the Tigers get Brown back and that player isn’t worse.

Looking for fans to fill the jungle for this epic battle. A one game SOC league lead is on the line.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

On a side note, donations will be taken for the Smith family from Adena at the game Friday. Wanted to get the word out so hopefully as much money as possible is raised. Great idea by Coach Robertson and the Tigers to help use this big game and crowd to help a local family in need. Travis may be a spitfire when it’s game time but Coach Robertson has a huge heart and definitely has a soft spot for kids. Hopefully everyone can come together for this family.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

MasterOfNone wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:27 pm On a side note, donations will be taken for the Smith family from Adena at the game Friday. Wanted to get the word out so hopefully as much money as possible is raised. Great idea by Coach Robertson and the Tigers to help use this big game and crowd to help a local family in need. Travis may be a spitfire when it’s game time but Coach Robertson has a huge heart and definitely has a soft spot for kids. Hopefully everyone can come together for this family.
Yes, he mentioned this on the radio after the game tonight, we listened on the drive home. Everybody come with a little extra cash to donate to this family...… Do what we do in southeast Ohio.

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

Truitt with double double to lead the way, and Miller holds Robertson to under 15

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

PirateFan[69] wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:00 am Truitt with double double to lead the way, and Miller holds Robertson to under 15
I’d settle for 30. Lol. I think burg needs to make sure if they are going to talk trash they better be backing it up that night. Waverly can ball

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

laser breath wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:02 am
PirateFan[69] wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:00 am Truitt with double double to lead the way, and Miller holds Robertson to under 15
I’d settle for 30. Lol. I think burg needs to make sure if they are going to talk trash they better be backing it up that night. Waverly can ball
Yeah, you're right lol. Miller hold Robertson to under 40

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

If Burg schools would possibly close for the remainder of the week, would this game be postponed, along with Saturday's homecoming game for the Burg

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

PirateFan[69] wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:07 am If Burg schools would possibly close for the remainder of the week, would this game be postponed, along with Saturday's homecoming game for the Burg
Rumors starting to swirl that they might be closing?

It probably honestly just depends on the school. I know some districts who have closed and still played their home games. Some who have closed and cancelled home events but participated in away events. And some who have closed and cancelled all activities home and away.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

PirateFan[69] wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:03 am
laser breath wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:02 am
Yeah, you're right lol. Miller hold Robertson to under 40
If Robertson scores 30+ game over..... last night at Eastern (I know, it was Eastern) Robertson went off with 28 points, 10 ASSISTS, 5 Steals, 6 Rebounds and that was with Zeke Brown missing - home with then flu.
I believe anyone who has beaten Waverly has held Robertson to under 20.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I think burg will gameplan for Robertson.

I’m not any basketball guru, but I like that 1-3-1 press burg plays. They are athletic to cover skip passes. Maybe get Waverly to turn it over. If I would say waverly had a weakness, it could be team ball handling. Robertson is going to get shots up, it’s what he does. If burg guards were smart, they’d let him drive far in the paint, if he gets passed you so be it because he doesn’t want to be in there he wants to hit that stop and pop.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

wobycat wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:12 pm I think burg will gameplan for Robertson.

I’m not any basketball guru, but I like that 1-3-1 press burg plays. They are athletic to cover skip passes. Maybe get Waverly to turn it over. If I would say waverly had a weakness, it could be team ball handling. Robertson is going to get shots up, it’s what he does. If burg guards were smart, they’d let him drive far in the paint, if he gets passed you so be it because he doesn’t want to be in there he wants to hit that stop and pop.
I would imagine any team that plays Waverly, their defensive game plan is centered around Robertson. If not, they need to find a new coach lol. With Stulley back, which his very first game back was against burg, the ball handling isn't much of an issue anymore because both Robertson and Stulley can handle it very well. So far this year, Robertson has done an excellent job of either finishing when he gets to the rim or finding the open man once they collapse. He‘s definitely added driving and finishing to his game this year, and loves the opportunity to get to the line. I would say Waverlys weakness on offense is lack of outside shooting. Other than Trey, there are no deadeye confident three point shooters.

bear211
Riding the Bench

Post by bear211 »

Burg goes to Waverly and wins 62-56

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I think Waverly needs to come out fast and strong for the first time at home. The Tigers have struggled at home and had to come back and even force OT to win. They cannot do that against a very good Wheelersburg team.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Possible postponement. Burg schools closed today and tomorrow

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

wobycat wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:32 pm Possible postponement. Burg schools closed today and tomorrow
When will they decide on the game?

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Burg closed rest of week. But since the the game is at Waverly, I would say they still play.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Any players for Wheelersburg have the flu?
Waverly’s Zeke Brown missed last night with it.

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

smurray wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:16 pm Any players for Wheelersburg have the flu?
Waverly’s Zeke Brown missed last night with it.
All Burg players are healthy and ready to roll

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Game still on as of now

Burg grad 85

Return to “Boys Basketball”