Fairland @ Peake 1/31

ovcfan12
Riding the Bench

Fairland @ Peake 1/31

Post by ovcfan12 »

This might be the game of the week. OVC on the line. Fairland has been on a slump and peake has been killing teams. But this game is just different. Rivalry game that will be sold out! I’m going with Fairland by 4. 56-52

bbjunky81
SEO

Re: Fairland @ Peake 1/31

Post by bbjunky81 »

Chesapeake is such a tough place to play for an opposing team.

Fairland just got stunned by Gallia so they will come out ready to avenge that loss.

Peake has an opportunity to win the league outright if they are to win and finish the OVC out.

Huge ramifications for both teams in terms of tournament seeding.

I'll go with Peake 59-52.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Fairland by 8

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

This is a very tough game to pick. Fairland has not looked the same in 3 or 4 games and Peake is rolling. Both teams will bring there best. I’m picking peake by 3.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

This is the game of the year in the OVC......I'm not picking a winner, but if Fairland prevails, it's business as usual at the top of the conference; if Chesapeake wins on their home court, it could mean stopping a streak of 4 consecutive OVC titles by the Dragons.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Peake by 4

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Looking forward to being in the Cheap Seats for this one tomorrow night ... long 2 hour trip each way from here in the Hocking Hills BUT it should be a good one ! ... wish both teams the best tomorrow night ! - 3 games or 2 tomorrow night (ie. a freshman game?) ... no school here at Logan tomorrow due to the flu outbreak - gives pfloyd plenty of time to get there early to actually find a seat for this one which I KNOW will be a SRO game...

Buckeye1971
Waterboy

Post by Buckeye1971 »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:05 pm Looking forward to being in the Cheap Seats for this one tomorrow night ... long 2 hour trip each way from here in the Hocking Hills BUT it should be a good one ! ... wish both teams the best tomorrow night ! - 3 games or 2 tomorrow night (ie. a freshman game?) ... no school here at Logan tomorrow due to the flu outbreak - gives pfloyd plenty of time to get there early to actually find a seat for this one which I KNOW will be a SRO game...
2 games pfloyd. JV at 6:00. Varsity 7:30

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Buckeye1971 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:10 pm
pfloyd wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:05 pm Looking forward to being in the Cheap Seats for this one tomorrow night ... long 2 hour trip each way from here in the Hocking Hills BUT it should be a good one ! ... wish both teams the best tomorrow night ! - 3 games or 2 tomorrow night (ie. a freshman game?) ... no school here at Logan tomorrow due to the flu outbreak - gives pfloyd plenty of time to get there early to actually find a seat for this one which I KNOW will be a SRO game...
Thank you Buckeye1971 for that information ... I'm thinking will need to be there around 4:45'ish ? will the doors open earlier than an hour before game time you think ?

Buckeye1971
Waterboy

Post by Buckeye1971 »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:12 pm
Buckeye1971 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:10 pm
Thank you Buckeye1971 for that information ... I'm thinking will need to be there around 4:45'ish ? will the doors open earlier than an hour before game time you think ?
Not sure what time the doors open. I know I will be there by 5:30 to get lineups ready for the jv game.
Hey, you are a celebrity. Plus you have to be there for your interview. : ) You can for sure follow me in. I’m sure I will look over my right shoulder at anytime during the game and see you in the “ cheap seats “ lol

captainmorgan_
JV Team

Post by captainmorgan_ »

Looking forward to this one tonight. if i was betting i would have to go with peake for the win, surprised fairland lost to gallia.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

captainmorgan_ wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:43 am Looking forward to this one tonight. if i was betting i would have to go with peake for the win, surprised fairland lost to gallia.
... with THAT loss the Dragons definitely opened the door for "?'s" and the OVC Chp ... last year I drove to Fairland to watch this matchup , thought it would be a close contest ... Fairland won that one going away 61-40 over the Panthers ... 2 teams tonight which play D, both can shoot the 3 ball with multiple (4-5) players being able to hit from downtown, both teams have 5+ players who are "comfortable" scoring the ball & will hit in double figures ... the Peake may be deep off the bench, both have that coach on the floor - Clayton Thomas for Fairland, Levi Blankenship for the Peake ... both push the ball in transition , BOTH teams have outstanding coaching staffs led by Coach Speed for the Dragons/Coach Davis for the Panthers ... going to come down to which defensively can effectively take away something/someone from their opponent offensively - with that done , how does the rest of the TEAM react ? do they struggle offensively or will the rest of TEAM take up the slack & STILL get it done ... going to be fun ! wish BOTH teams/coaching staffs the BEST tonight !!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... is this one still a go for tonight ? ... getting ready to leave the Hocking Hills to head for the river, The Peake ... don't want to drive 2 hours to find it has been cancelled ... I'll check back in a half hour before I leave ...

25th Street NW
Varsity

Post by 25th Street NW »

Will this game be live streamed anywhere?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Alrighty then ! got confirmation that this one IS definitely A GO for tonight ! going to get outta here in the next 15 minutes , head for the river and enjoy a good one in the OVC !!! safe travels all around this evening and tonight !

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

Fairland(8) @ (2)Chesapeake -- End of 1st
Fairland(25) @ (10)Chesapeake -- Halftime
Fairland(30) @ (18)Chesapeake -- End of 3rd
Fairland(51) @ (34)Chesapeake -- Final

Post by mattash »

Strange scoring sequence

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"