Eastern Brown rolling...

WonderNova
Freshman Team

Eastern Brown rolling...

Post by WonderNova »

Eastern Brown is having an amazing start to the season. Their margins of victory have been impressive along the way, beating North Adams on the road by 19, and beating Madeira, who plays impressive competition by more than 20 as examples. They didn't seem to be on anyone's radar at the beginning of the season. Is this going to be a year the make a run to the regionals?

bbjunky81
SEO

Re: Eastern Brown rolling...

Post by bbjunky81 »

They have been great so far this season and deserve all the recognition they receive.

They have as much of an argument to win the district as anybody else in D3 SEO so far. There's a legitimate 10 teams that I could see winning the district championship, meaning at least 2 of those won't even make the Convo since 8 teams win sectionals.

As of right now I'd rank them:

1.) Fairland
2.) Eastern Brown
3.) Zane Trace
4.) Chesapeake
5.) Burg
6.) Alexander (if healthy)
7.) Oak Hill
8.) Ironton
9.) North Adams
10.) Adena

Other teams barely on the outside and are very dangerous include: Minford, West Union, Piketon, Portsmouth, Meigs, and a very very dangerous South Point team.

The gap between 10 and 1 on this list is honestly not far, and I could switch many of these teams with one another and be totally content with the list.

Last comment... I still think Zane Trace is the most TALENTED team in the D3 district..... but Fairland and Eastern Brown have been the most impressive up to today.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
WonderNova
Freshman Team

Post by WonderNova »

Eastern according to the "Beast" schedule, Eastern is playing Alexander on Saturday. Is Alexander having injury issues? I was thinking Fairland was D2 last year. Am I wrong on that one?

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

WonderNova wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:00 pm Eastern according to the "Beast" schedule, Eastern is playing Alexander on Saturday. Is Alexander having injury issues? I was thinking Fairland was D2 last year. Am I wrong on that one?
They were D2 two years ago but were D3 last year.

Alexander has been without the 6'10" Terry kid for a couple of weeks now. I originally thought he was only supposed to miss 2 games but he has missed 3 or 4 thus far. He should be back any day now.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:42 pm
WonderNova wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:00 pm Eastern according to the "Beast" schedule, Eastern is playing Alexander on Saturday. Is Alexander having injury issues? I was thinking Fairland was D2 last year. Am I wrong on that one?

Alexander has been without the 6'10" Terry kid for a couple of weeks now. I originally thought he was only supposed to miss 2 games but he has missed 3 or 4 thus far. He should be back any day now.
He played vs Vinton County and had 2 dunks

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Raider6309 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:59 pm
bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:42 pm

He played vs Vinton County and had 2 dunks
There you go, he's back.

Thanks Raider.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

I love sitting behind coach Beucler at games ,just to hear the way he communicates to his players.I believe they would run thru a wall for him. He calls all the right timeouts to give the Warriors a chance to win. The night the Indians were ahead by 3 points with .6 seconds to go,he called a timeout to encourage his players that there was still a chance. That game went to Overtime and the Warriors were victorious. Great game and comeback.He is probably my favorite coach except ,I'm a little biased toward coach Arey our Indians coach.

borodad
Riding the Bench

Post by borodad »

I watched them destroy Hillsboro in our first game and I didn't know if I should be impressed by them or worried about Hillsboro. Hillsboro has played well in games and bad in a few but I know now to be impressed with Eastern. I think they had 13 or 14 3's in 3 quarters against Hillsboro that night.

Norman Knight
Riding the Bench

Post by Norman Knight »

We will know a great deal more about Eastern Brown by the end of the month. They will play Alexander this Saturday at the Beasts, Chesapeake next Saturday at the Coach Young Classic, and then North Adams again on the 31st. These will be three big games for the Warriors that will tell us just how good they are.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

borodad wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:21 pm I watched them destroy Hillsboro in our first game and I didn't know if I should be impressed by them or worried about Hillsboro. Hillsboro has played well in games and bad in a few but I know now to be impressed with Eastern. I think they had 13 or 14 3's in 3 quarters against Hillsboro that night.
Welcome borodad

Eastern Brown has been killing it for sure. They escaped a tough Peebles environment with a win but everything else has been eye popping margins. Buecler has another potentially big tournament run for the Warriors.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Eastern Brown is fortunate to have one of the SE district's best coaches, Rob Buechler. No matter how much size he lacks, or how many seniors he loses on a yearly basis, you can rest assured that the Warriors will be competitive year in and year out........and they are always a tough out in the tournament because they are coached to not beat themselves.

WonderNova
Freshman Team

Post by WonderNova »

Eastern is most certainly coached at an elite level. They seem to have just a group of talented players this year that are unselfish, and they know the system. There is not a "superstar" on this team by typical definition, but it is a well-oiled machine that is executing. They appear sound on fundamentals, and low on attitude.....which serves them well at tournament time!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Coach Beucler is outstanding ... disciplined, fundamentally sound, outstanding team D - I always try to see Coach Beucler's team at some point during the season ... excellent coach/teacher of the game - I've always been impressed by his "in-game" adjustments ... EB vs Alexander will an excellent game this Saturday ...

Netcutter
Waterboy

Post by Netcutter »

Very well coached team every year. If you get a win against Coach Buecler it probably doesn't happen twice. This is a team that may be interesting come tournament time.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Netcutter wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:29 pm Very well coached team every year. If you get a win against Coach Buecler it probably doesn't happen twice. This is a team that may be interesting come tournament time.
I’d say take out the word “may” and change it to “will”

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

They play really good defense. Just need some shots to fall.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:31 pm
Netcutter wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:29 pm Very well coached team every year. If you get a win against Coach Buecler it probably doesn't happen twice. This is a team that may be interesting come tournament time.
Generally they shoot the ball very well. Today the shots weren't falling from outside . The Terry kids length really hurt them ,as Eastern usually makes a living inside and getting to the line. Credit Alexander in this one. Some days they fall,sometimes they don't. Today they didn't for the warriors. They will learn and get better. Match ups, match- ups. All said and done ,at the end of the day when everyone is tired,. A big man is still big.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Hoopie74 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:53 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:31 pm
Generally they shoot the ball very well. Today the shots weren't falling from outside . The Terry kids length really hurt them ,as Eastern usually makes a living inside and getting to the line. Credit Alexander in this one. Some days they fall,sometimes they don't. Today they didn't for the warriors. They will learn and get better. Match ups, match- ups. All said and done ,at the end of the day when everyone is tired,. A big man is still big.
Hoopie74, agree with you completely. I still think they are one of the best teams around SEO. Alexander earned the win today, and deservingly so. The Spartans couldn't miss early on today, and EB spent the whole game trying to play catch-up from being behind by a pretty sizeable margin. EB loves to go inside a lot, and with Terry down there, that option was just not there most of the game. Still a very fast paced game between two very good teams. Very impressed with Kearns the point guard for the Spartans, as well as D'Augustino the freshman.

Return to “Boys Basketball”