Fairland VS Alexander 2/23

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Fairland VS Alexander 2/23

Post by greygoose »

VisionQuest wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:39 am So I have to ask. Why has 93Bulldog not made any statements or comments about the Logan Elm
And Athens game
Why does it matter?? He already said he refrains from making predictions or comments on the games he calls. Athens won and is moving on, Alexander won and is moving on and I'm not sure what you are stuck on. Seems like pointless drivel, I mean really wanting to know why someone hasn't commented on a game, :roll: He's already said why plus he's calling Athens next game.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Sorry but it has been obvious if you look at the posts that 93BULLDOG is more supportive of Alex than Athens.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Great win for Alexander

The slow pace style is much easier to upset in the postseason if you’re patient with your defense. Avoid getting beat back door and don’t get beat on flare screens and you’ll have a chance...get beat by them and you’ll get blown out.

Of course, it helps having a good big to protect the basket

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

TVC-Ohio was down this year. Really?

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Where Is VCGRAD who said TVC-Ohio teams were below average this year?!?!

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

vcgrad wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:57 pm Go with Fairland--think Alex has not played to its best all year--just don't see the coaching being the difference for Alex.
you suck VCGRAD. You don’t give any credit to the coaches in the TVC

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

VisionQuest wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:49 am Sorry but it has been obvious if you look at the posts that 93BULLDOG is more supportive of Alex than Athens.
And?? What's your point?? I mean what do you want him to do??

Happy McGavin
Varsity

Post by Happy McGavin »

VisionQuest wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:49 am Sorry but it has been obvious if you look at the posts that 93BULLDOG is more supportive of Alex than Athens.
Maybe he hasn't said much about Athens because Alexanders win was more impressive. It took a senior led Athens team overtime to beat a sophomore led Logan elm team

Its all in the hips
spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

How is it that on an Alexander vs Fairland game the most discussion is one Athens fan saying another Athens fan is not Athens enough?

93bulldog is Athens throughout but is consistent in supporting all Athens county schools. It would be like a an Ohio state fan saying Herbstreet is not for OSU because he does not pick games he announces.

Go Alex.
Go TVC.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

spartans_fan wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:51 am How is it that on an Alexander vs Fairland game the most discussion is one Athens fan saying another Athens fan is not Athens enough?

93bulldog is Athens throughout but is consistent in supporting all Athens county schools. It would be like a an Ohio state fan saying Herbstreet is not for OSU because he does not pick games he announces.

Go Alex.
Go TVC.
Thanks Spartan_fan and what you said is spot on.
I dont need to respond to such silliness or defend my loyalty though, My own blood, sweat & tears were spilled on Rutter Field, McAfee & Rannow ... that's all that needs said.

Back to the game.

We've said on multiple broadcasts and shows that if Terry ever elevates his game, the Spartans will be incredibly dangerous. So far in the tournament that is what's happening. I'm looking forward to Saturday, I think Alexander's depth on the big Convo floor will be big advantage.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Great season Fairland. Don’t hang you’re heads. You proved a lot of us wrong. Losing you’re whole team and winning the ovc and 2 rounds into the tournament. Good things are going to happen in Fairland. Coach speed easily coach of the year in the ovc. The freshman point guard is going to be nasty. Thomas is only a sophomore and a great leader on the floor.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

I think Alex was the better team not only last night but in general. I wasn't all that impressed with fairland honestly. maybe it was a bad night for them but Ale dominated the game last night. if JK and Terry continue to play like that I feel bad for anyone who has to play the spartans

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

VisionQuest wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:39 am So I have to ask. Why has 93Bulldog not made any statements or comments about the Logan Elm
And Athens game
In case you haven't noticed, this thread is about Fairland vs Alexander. At first, mayby it was funny, now you're starting to make a "fool" out of your self.

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

I knew Fairland wasn't going anywhere and that they weren't a top 7 team.... I don't care that they won OVC.. There were 3 or 4 teams in OVC who were better.... Like I said earlier in the year Ironton has the best team in OVC......Followed by Coal Grove and Gallia...…..

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

Fairland

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

mrwonderful wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:48 pm I knew Fairland wasn't going anywhere and that they weren't a top 7 team.... I don't care that they won OVC.. There were 3 or 4 teams in OVC who were better.... Like I said earlier in the year Ironton has the best team in OVC......Followed by Coal Grove and Gallia...…..
... Fairland was 13-1 vs the "teams that are better than them" ? ... how does the multiple game, winning performances by Fairland where they beat the teams you are posting "are better than" the Dragons support what you posted ? ... sorry, I disagree with your logic ... I get it - Fairland lost big to Alexander last night in the tourney - THAT does not make them "s#%k" ... I watched my #1 ranked Logan squad lose last night - wasn't their best game by far ... doesn't mean they "s#%k" ... I still feel they ARE the best team in the SEO district based on their Dec - Feb performances nightly ... can't see a team that you are saying is not as good as Ironton, CG, Gallia be 6-0 vs those same teams ... at some point to tout a team as being better than another team - said team or teams MUST prove it ON THE COURT ... the opportunities - 6 times - were there ... the Dragons won each of those matchups ...

Fairland vs Ironton
30-28
58-51
Fairland vs CG
61-41
51-46
Fairland vs Gallia
37-31
69-44
Fairland vs Chesapeake
61-40
56-47

... but I will agree to disagree with your logic ...

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

pFloyd I understand you don't agree with my logic..Who would....Ironton is hands down better than Fairland..So is Coal Grove.... I don't care they lost 4 times..They play each other 10 times my logic would come to the top..Kinda reminds me of trojan Dave when Portsmouth had beat SP twice in regular season couple years ago and I argued SP was better..He's logic was Portsmouth beat them twice. I told him even if Portsmouth beats them in Tournament SP is better...SP ran over them in Tournament...…..

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

mrwonderful wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:29 pm pFloyd I understand you don't agree with my logic..Who would....Ironton is hands down better than Fairland..So is Coal Grove.... I don't care they lost 4 times..They play each other 10 times my logic would come to the top..Kinda reminds me of trojan Dave when Portsmouth had beat SP twice in regular season couple years ago and I argued SP was better..He's logic was Portsmouth beat them twice. I told him even if Portsmouth beats them in Tournament SP is better...SP ran over them in Tournament...…..
... LOL ... I get what you're say AND you have seen ALL of the teams on the River more than I for sure ... so my once or twice eye test of those teams (and I have not seen Ironton at all - one of the 2 teams in my top 40 I have not seen LOL) does not give any of them a fair shake ... with the limited eye tests , my rankings have to be based on performance ON the court vs other teams ... that's how I rank them - comparing them to opponents records vs each other, common opponents and vs the teams above them in the rankings ... as I said I will agree to disagree with you and your logic LOL ... I suppose on the positive side YOU can point at me and say "I told you so" LOL ... I can handle that ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Pulling the 'trojan dave' card was a pretty slick move. Haha

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

No it's not about trying to out do you..I think you do a great job... It's just Fairland wasn't even close to last years team....I still can't believe SP was only team who beat them in the OVC...I'm not the only person who thinks like that..... You did a good job with the rankings!!!! Maybe I'll see you at the James in the Future...… Thanks for the work you do on here...……………………….

Return to “Boys Basketball”