Fairland vs Fairfield Union

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Re: Fairland vs Fairfield Union

Post by OHHS old timer »

Falcon01 wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:03 pm
OHHS old timer wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:02 pm BTW...Falcon01 had problems with reception...reception bug hit me with 30 secs left in reg. It came back with a minute left in OT

Must've been that #!;;&#;&/£ N Koreans...lol
Same. Even ran upstairs to computer, still wouldn't load.
Likewise down here

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

mattash wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:03 pm Falcon01 called it. If he did updates they will lose. I'll hook you up with a shirt. least I can do
mattash... If you are talking to me, I'll gladly take one. PM me pls.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

I think Falcon01 and I deserve a shirt for the effort

Not saying...just saying though ( he said with a BIG grin)

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

So FU had Woodside on bench 1/2 of the 3rd with 2 fouls or 3?

Gotta keep him in IMO. I know it’s touchy but he’s gotta be on the court. Once he gets 4...can’t give refs a chance to call a foul. Definitely a fine line...you never wanna give up a basket.

Nice comeback by Fairland

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Switching to Waverly now...see ya!

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:12 pm So FU had Woodside on bench 1/2 of the 3rd with 2 fouls or 3?

Gotta keep him in IMO. I know it’s touchy but he’s gotta be on the court. Once he gets 4...can’t give refs a chance to call a foul. Definitely a fine line...you never wanna give up a basket.

Nice comeback by Fairland
Ironman92...he must've got #3 prior to bench in 3rd. Started having probs with reception right there for a few secs

BallDontLie
JV Team

Post by BallDontLie »

No dog in the fight but man every time Fairland needed a big play in terms of a basket, free throws or defense Cunningham made it. Fairfield Union made the first half their pace and they were hitting. Crazy to think Cunningham would’ve been the 6th man possibly if Short was still there and he just dropped 28 in a big game. Fairland’s experience in big games definitely won it tonight but FU played extremely well in their own right. Collin had to of blocked at least 5-6 shots off the glass tonight with authority!

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

BallDontLie wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:10 pm No dog in the fight but man every time Fairland needed a big play in terms of a basket, free throws or defense Cunningham made it. Fairfield Union made the first half their pace and they were hitting. Crazy to think Cunningham would’ve been the 6th man possibly if Short was still there and he just dropped 28 in a big game. Fairland’s experience in big games definitely won it tonight but FU played extremely well in their own right. Collin had to of blocked at least 5-6 shots off the glass tonight with authority!
Seemed like FU concentrated on Fairlands big 3...Cunningham just tore em up

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Woodside had 10 1st half pts...0 the rest of the way

mufan709
Waterboy

Post by mufan709 »

That had a lot to do with the defense of VanHorn

joeboggs1
JV Team

Post by joeboggs1 »

Fairland 17 of 35 from the line

BallDontLie
JV Team

Post by BallDontLie »

OHHS old timer wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:15 pm
BallDontLie wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:10 pm No dog in the fight but man every time Fairland needed a big play in terms of a basket, free throws or defense Cunningham made it. Fairfield Union made the first half their pace and they were hitting. Crazy to think Cunningham would’ve been the 6th man possibly if Short was still there and he just dropped 28 in a big game. Fairland’s experience in big games definitely won it tonight but FU played extremely well in their own right. Collin had to of blocked at least 5-6 shots off the glass tonight with authority!
Seemed like FU concentrated on Fairlands big 3...Cunningham just tore em up

Yeah FU did good at containing in the first half (15 points as proof) Howell played well 2nd half I thought, very active!

KY.BUCKEYE
Freshman Team

Post by KY.BUCKEYE »

joeboggs1 wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:32 pm Fairland 17 of 35 from the line
Yikes!

G0 BuCKs
Defensewins
Waterboy

Post by Defensewins »

FU done their homework. They did a great job on Fairlands big 3. Don't think they was counting on Cunningham going off tonight. Good game.

earp
S

Post by earp »

Defensewins wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:45 am FU done their homework. They did a great job on Fairlands big 3. Don't think they was counting on Cunningham going off tonight. Good game.
Completely agree.It was a great game plan.You guys have a great team.Hate to see anyone lose that one.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

AWESOME WIN BY THE FAIRLAND DRAGONS.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Fairland is perplexing. There were many spurts, especially in the first half, that Fairland seemed like they didn’t even want to be there. Fairfield Union absolutely dominated them in the 2nd quarter. Fairland kind of picks and chooses when they want to turn it on, and while it worked last night that eventually will catch up with them.

Fairland is the most talented team in SE Ohio, no doubt about that. But they have to develop that “killer instinct” for 32 minutes going forward otherwise they will be coming home soon.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Sidethrower
Waterboy

Post by Sidethrower »

Probably burned out

king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

Van horn was neutralized by Woodside, he wanted nothing to do with the ball inside until Woodside went out. 13 for Fairland single handily kept Fairland within closing distance, and 0 for Fairland picked it up a little in the 2nd half. Fairland looked bored the first 3 quarters, IMO. The PG fornFairfield was very good with the ball, but should have turned off ESPN when it came to finishing around the basket. For the best team in SE district I was underwhelmed by their performance, might just have been this one game.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... have to remember that Fairland each time it has played has gone through a day of school and then hopped on a regular school bus and traveled 2 hours one way to get to the Convo to play - imo THAT takes some overcoming to play a solid 32 minutes ...

Return to “Boys Basketball”