Wheelersburg (2) vs Piketon (1). Thoughts?

Sport Fan
JV Team

Re: Wheelersburg (2) vs Piketon (1). Thoughts?

Post by Sport Fan »

King of Pike Hill wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:04 am Burg fans, don’t count your chickens yet. Or parrots in this case. (Pirate pun) Burg isn’t the toughest team Piketon has faced. Games like these is when Perdue shines the brightest. The kid thrives in the spotlight. Not saying who is going to win but don’t be surprised if Piketon walks out with a W. Winner will likely play Harvest Prep which became 25-0 last night against Pleasant.

The Burg are the underdogs in this game, Do not be surprised if they win this game.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Sport Fan wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:24 pm
King of Pike Hill wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:04 am Burg fans, don’t count your chickens yet. Or parrots in this case. (Pirate pun) Burg isn’t the toughest team Piketon has faced. Games like these is when Perdue shines the brightest. The kid thrives in the spotlight. Not saying who is going to win but don’t be surprised if Piketon walks out with a W. Winner will likely play Harvest Prep which became 25-0 last night against Pleasant.

The Burg are the underdogs in this game, Do not be surprised if they win this game.
Burg is the furthest thing away from the underdog in this game. Burg is about a 10-15 point favorite, in my opinion (and I've seen each team a few times now).

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Post by Smokyhollowbandit »

Hope everyone likes Doritos because I believe Piketon is going to play with a chip on their shoulder

PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:08 pm

Burg is the furthest thing away from the underdog in this game. Burg is about a 10-15 point favorite, in my opinion (and I've seen each team a few times now).
After watching both teams, I see Burg winning by 15+.

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Post by Smokyhollowbandit »

PirateBB wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:13 pm
bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:08 pm

After watching both teams, I see Burg winning by 15+.
If Piketon can execute and play good solid D there’s no reason the Streaks should lose

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

king kong wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:39 am :roll: Someone on a Wheelersburg thread talking crap about another schools transfers!!!!! Bwahahahahahahahaha.
That's why I thought it was quite ironic. It was mentioned about Burg earlier with a couple players but NOONE was saying anything about Piketon. Funny how that works. Not a burg or Piketon fan just looking for a good game but just found it funny how some overlook one and bash on another.

AnkleBraces
Freshman Team

Post by AnkleBraces »

greygoose wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:16 pm
king kong wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:39 am :roll: Someone on a Wheelersburg thread talking crap about another schools transfers!!!!! Bwahahahahahahahaha.
That's why I thought it was quite ironic. It was mentioned about Burg earlier with a couple players but NOONE was saying anything about Piketon. Funny how that works. Not a burg or Piketon fan just looking for a good game but just found it funny how some overlook one and bash on another.
Because Perdue is from Piketon. Played his freshman season there. Both schools have had their share of transfers I guess. Burg's are usually a little older I hear.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

AnkleBraces wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:35 pm
Because Perdue is from Piketon. Played his freshman season there. Both schools have had their share of transfers I guess. Burg's are usually a little older I hear.
Uhh, I'd watch it with that before someone brings up some Piketon facts on the older players comment lol

KING OF Shyville
Waterboy

Post by KING OF Shyville »

HamPorter wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:11 pm

Uhh, I'd watch it with that before someone brings up some Piketon facts on the older players comment lol
Don't be bashful, spit it out HamPorter!! I'm curious!!

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

KING OF Shyville wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:29 pm

Don't be bashful, spit it out HamPorter!! I'm curious!!
PM if you really are. I just don't think the age thing matters, so I won't say anything on here until Piketon people start to throw stones. :mrgreen:

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I’m 43.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:49 pmI’m 43.
:lol:

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Age is only a #, dang it. :lol:

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Oh soooo if you played at a place leave, play somewhere else for 2 years leave, theeeeeeeen we don't talk about them being transfers. GOTCHA. :?: I thought was only OJ Mayo that jumped from school to school. Not knocking it at all like I said, I find the irony in it. Because if Burg wins people will bash on them because they won because of transfers and age but if Piketon wins no one will say anything. If Perdue is at Western still Piketon is at home a few rounds ago is the reality. Good luck to both teams like I've said it's awesome just to get to this point.

Tigerfan92
Waterboy

Post by Tigerfan92 »

If Perdue wasn't held back at Piketon in 8th grade then him, Western, and Piketon would all be at home. But he was and Burg probably has some 19 year old graduating seniors and all is legal according to OHSAA rules. Don't be jealous of Burg's success. If you don't like it then don't start your kids early or you hold them back before high school if you want. All is legal. So is moving back in Piketon district. I don't see a problem with it. So let the kids play the game and we will watch two teams go at it Saturday.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Who cares

ronm001
Freshman Team

Post by ronm001 »

Age come on

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

This thread got sidetracked and boring real quick.

So, about the game. Wheelersburg and Piketon play Saturday for the district title. What are yall's thoughts on the game?

Watching SE Ohio basketball
king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

I am not a fan of either team, but where was anyone on her bashing Burg for transfers?

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

After watching both teams on Saturday, I believe this game should be 15+. Perdue is a talent but Wheelersburg has talent everywhere. The two transfers are the keys to Wheelersburg. The kids from Portsmouth (Lawler?) and the freshman from South Webster. If they play well it will be 15+. I think it is a given that the Holden kid will be a force. JMO

Return to “Boys Basketball”