Waverly Vs Unioto 3/9 @8:15

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Waverly Vs Unioto 3/9 @8:15

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GET ER DONE WAVERLY TIGERS.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
WHS2000
Waterboy

Post by WHS2000 »

This game will be interesting.You like the big floor if you're a Tiger fan I think they run, run, run as well as anybody and their defensive pressure is taxing on the mind, maybe more than the body. The Tigers shooting, if on, could make a long night for Unioto, if its off the Tigers need to be great on the boards (like the 2nd half vs. Sheridan). I don't know if Unioto's offense likes to run, as a Tiger fan, I would love that. I will say turnovers will make the difference. Take the difference in turnover marging, divide that number by 2 and there is your winner.The lights aren't too bright for either of teams they've played in big games this season I don't think anyone will be shell shocked. Should be a dandy!

king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

Unioto has been there, done that for several years now. They wont be rattled by out of control pressure. I am no way a fan of Unioto, but they are the favorites in this game. I know Waverly has talent, but they cannot get in a hole like they did with Sheridan. Even though Waverly played Burg and Oak Hill, their awesomeness will not rub off on the Tigers on this one. Unioto +8

SingleFatherof11
Waterboy

Post by SingleFatherof11 »

I have only seen a tiger in Pike County one time.. I have never seen a Sherman Tank in my 92 years of existence. It is my understanding that tigers are typically faster than tanks. I give this one to the more realistic of the two. Tigers rip the contents from the tanks and absolutely maul the tanks dreams. also, Alexander blew a 14 point lead.. Go Streaks

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

SingleFatherof11 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:12 pm I have only seen a tiger in Pike County one time.. I have never seen a Sherman Tank in my 92 years of existence. It is my understanding that tigers are typically faster than tanks. I give this one to the more realistic of the two. Tigers rip the contents from the tanks and absolutely maul the tanks dreams. also, Alexander blew a 14 point lead.. Go Streaks
Which happens first....the tiger stop to eat or the tank runs out of gas?

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
SingleFatherof11
Waterboy

Post by SingleFatherof11 »

noreply66 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:32 pm
SingleFatherof11 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:12 pm I have only seen a tiger in Pike County one time.. I have never seen a Sherman Tank in my 92 years of existence. It is my understanding that tigers are typically faster than tanks. I give this one to the more realistic of the two. Tigers rip the contents from the tanks and absolutely maul the tanks dreams. also, Alexander blew a 14 point lead.. Go Streaks
Which happens first....the tiger stop to eat or the tank runs out of gas?
Tigers stop to eat but actually drink the gas from the tank, so both at once. Have a great day the waverly way

Dunn97
Riding the Bench

Post by Dunn97 »

The one thing I have learned since I became a part of the Tiger faithful, is that these boys have no quit in them. They are an amazing group of boys to watch. Now the Tigers must play all 4 quarters like they did the last 2 against Sheridan and have scoring from the bench to win this game. They need to be on point in all aspects for this game. They are capable, they just need to believe it themselves and do it. Go Tigers!!

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Should be a really good game . 2 top notch teams that can really play . I think the Tanks take it in a close one 65- 62 , but could go to OT then it might be reversed .

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly may not have as much experience playing at the convo as Unioto does but rest assured one thing, they will not be intimidated by a few tanks.
This pack of Tigers have taken to the floor each and every night believing they can win, no matter the opponent. They stood toe to toe with the Mighty Dragons of Fairland and understand they self destructed late in that one (learn from your mistakes). Two very big tournament comeback wins over two very good teams have the Tigers hungering for more. They will be hungry and well prepared to maul some tanks.

bobcats94
Riding the Bench

Post by bobcats94 »

I agree Waverly will definitely come to play, having experienced Seniors and a lot of hustle of the bench. Unioto may be the most consistent team I've watched this year tho so this could be a tough one. Can't wait to watch how this one plays out!

EagleEye3
Riding the Bench

Post by EagleEye3 »

I will have to take the Tanks in this one, however Waverly can steal this game. The pressure and pace the Tigers play can rattle you, but I don't think it will bother Swackhammer and that will be the difference.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

This game could go either way depending on what Waverly team shows up. If they can come out focused from the start I think they can give the U all they want and have a legitimate shot at winning this one. They cannot expect to erase a 15+ deficit in the second half again and win, this Unioto team is very sound and I don't see them falling apart like the Tigers past two opponents have. It is going to be interesting to see Remington/Marquez vs Swackhammer. I think Swack is still going to get his points because he is just that good, but hopefully the constant in your face full court pressure the Tigers will be throwing at him for 4 full quarters allows them to at least contain him in a sense. If Waverly is able to get stops on defense and rebound, this will allow them to get out and run like they want.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

The Remington Swackhammer matchup pits an elite defender against probably the best point guard in southern ohio in Swackhammer. I only say probably because Fairlands point guard is elite as well. Remington spent all summer in open gyms guarding Kyle Miller preparing for moments like these. It will be a dog fight. Then when Remington has to come out or gets in foul trouble you put another elite defender in Marquez on him. It is a great luxury two have two elite defenders who are guards and then have Wolfe as well. All three great defensive players. I Cant wait to see this matchup.

Tigerfan92
Waterboy

Post by Tigerfan92 »

Remington IMO has been the spark all year for the Tigers. Playing without getting in foul trouble is the key to this game. I feel he can bother Smackhammer. Swackhammer is a player though and he has help. The rest of the Tigers need to box out and not give the rest of the U easy baskets. Anyway were playing for a district championship!!!!!!!! Get used to it, we need to think this for the next few years.

winningaintcheap
Riding the Bench

Post by winningaintcheap »

Unioto 52-46
Fisher will have 14 points and 12 rebounds.
Swackhammer will have 12 points and 5 steals.

Waverly will be forced to call of their pressure at least for s short time due to Unioto’s backcourt being so strong on the ball.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

If Remington and Marquez stay out of foul trouble it will be on. No skin in the game, but; after seeing both a couple of times this year. It's all about how the matchups are handled and fouls.

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Usually root for SOC, but pulling for one of my former students, Swackhammer, here.

bucknuts09
Freshman Team

Post by bucknuts09 »

This should be the best tournament game in the area this year ! Looking forward to this one !

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

winningaintcheap wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:20 pm Unioto 52-46
Fisher will have 14 points and 12 rebounds.
Swackhammer will have 12 points and 5 steals.

Waverly will be forced to call of their pressure at least for s short time due to Unioto’s backcourt being so strong on the ball.
I will be shocked if Waverly pulls off their pressure at any point in this game, only way I see that happening is if the Tigers get in some serious foul trouble and are forced to play guys who physically can't keep up with the U guards. Not saying that the pressure will get to the U, but I can't see the Tigers changing up their style of play at this point. I think that was proven last Friday versus Sheridan, when Waverly found themselves down 18 and came out in the 2nd half and never changed a thing. The difference between the 1st and 2nd half of that game was that the TIgers played tougher in the 2nd and began rebounding and boxing out allowing them to get out and run.

I think a big factor in this game could be the refs and how they choose to call the game. If they are very whistle happy and call touch fouls I think that will work against the Tigers. Not saying that is an excuse if they lose, because if that is the case Waverly will have to make adjustments and play the way the game is being called.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Unioto is a senior-laden team that expected to be here. This group has a lot of experience and has been very successful throughout their basketball career. They have a lot going for them that's for sure. This season may be the Tanks last hurrah for some time. If anything the pressure is on Unioto.

Waverly on the other hand has exceeded nearly everyone's expectations. We play mostly Juniors. We had hoped to be at this level in a year or two but probably not this season. A great staff and great bunch of kids that never quit and play tremendously hard has been key. It's all come together this year! We also have some amazing talent in the pipe-line which makes for a bright future.

But make no mistake, the Tigers are NOT planning on making a good showing Friday night. They plan on winning! And if on top of their game.... they can do it!

Return to “Boys Basketball”