Eastern Pike vs Oak Hill 3/10 @ 8:00

Wakefield.Warrior
Riding the Bench

Re: Eastern Pike vs Oak Hill 3/10 @ 8:00

Post by Wakefield.Warrior »

Two tough teams w/ a lot of good players ! Pulling for the boys from beaver!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GET ER DONE EASTERN.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

Coaches will offset in this one, Miller and Oak Hills big will cancel each other. Guards are pretty equal, going out on a limb and saying Tomlison (sp) will be the X factor. Oak Hill does not have the ability to guard 2 bigs. The Eagles +3

Oaktown
Freshman Team

Post by Oaktown »

king kong wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:11 pm Coaches will offset in this one, Miller and Oak Hills big will cancel each other. Guards are pretty equal, going out on a limb and saying Tomlison (sp) will be the X factor. Oak Hill does not have the ability to guard 2 bigs. The Eagles +3
The oaks have their own set of twin towers in 6'4" Darby and 6'5" Long, not to mention Hammond coming off the bench at 6'3" that defends the post extremely well.

I'm a bit confused, did Eastern not have all of these players you mentioned in the 61-29 loss to Oak Hill back in December?

king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

Oaktown wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:21 pm
king kong wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:11 pm Coaches will offset in this one, Miller and Oak Hills big will cancel each other. Guards are pretty equal, going out on a limb and saying Tomlison (sp) will be the X factor. Oak Hill does not have the ability to guard 2 bigs. The Eagles +3
The oaks have their own set of twin towers in 6'4" Darby and 6'5" Long, not to mention Hammond coming off the bench at 6'3" that defends the post extremely well.

I'm a bit confused, did Eastern not have all of these players you mentioned in the 61-29 loss to Oak Hill back in December?
Dont know, wasnt there. I am taking into account the entire body of work by both teams over the course of a season, with the information I gather from watching, reading and talking to others. If my opinion bothers you, good! From what I watched, this wont be the same game as earlier in the season, and I guarantee you Persin wont let his kids think that either!

Oaktown
Freshman Team

Post by Oaktown »

king kong wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:28 pm

Dont know, wasnt there. I am taking into account the entire body of work by both teams over the course of a season, with the information I gather from watching, reading and talking to others. If my opinion bothers you, good! From what I watched, this wont be the same game as earlier in the season, and I guarantee you Persin wont let his kids think that either!
I don't expect it to be the same game. Tournament time is completely different as was proven by the Southeastern Panthers. I do not think Eastern should be taken lightly as they have been playing excellent basketball and can be a dangerous team to face in the post-season. I was just responding to your inaccuracy to the Oaks ability to guard two bigs considering it has already been done once this season. That is unless Eastern picked up additional players after the first meeting in December? Thats not an opinion that's a fact.

king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

Oaktown wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:44 pm

I don't expect it to be the same game. Tournament time is completely different as was proven by the Southeastern Panthers. I do not think Eastern should be taken lightly as they have been playing excellent basketball and can be a dangerous team to face in the post-season. I was just responding to your inaccuracy to the Oaks ability to guard two bigs considering it has already been done once this season. That is unless Eastern picked up additional players after the first meeting in December? Thats not an opinion that's a fact.
Fact is, Eastern lost that game the first time, it cant be denied. The point is, however, and you can be as obtuse as you like, Eastern is playing very good basketball right now. They were young at the beginning of the season, and over the course of the year have proven that they are a good team. Sorry if not agreeing with Oak Hill fans is a mortal sin! lol

Oaktown
Freshman Team

Post by Oaktown »

king kong wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:50 pm
Oaktown wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:44 pm

Fact is, Eastern lost that game the first time, it cant be denied. The point is, however, and you can be as obtuse as you like, Eastern is playing very good basketball right now. They were young at the beginning of the season, and over the course of the year have proven that they are a good team. Sorry if not agreeing with Oak Hill fans is a mortal sin! lol
Buddy, I'm not sure what I said to hurt your feelings. I believe I made that statement about Eastern in my post above. You gave an opinion and I offered up some facts you didn't have and gave an opposing opinion. That's what we do on SEOP.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

I find it hard to believe the really big kid from Eastern will be able to have an impact on this game. After watching both teams this past weekend, Oak Hill will run him to death. Oak Hill will spread the floor and use their quickness to their advantage. If Eastern plays zone while he is on the floor, Oak Hill’s shooters will have a hay day! It will take a mobster effect from Eastern to win this game.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Leist + what other guard is equal to Carroll and Hale....not buying that thought

king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

You guys are acting like OH is on the same level as a Fairland! From what I have watched they aren’t unbeatable, especially by a good team. OH fans starting to whine and cry like Burg fans when someone disagrees with the!

Oaktown
Freshman Team

Post by Oaktown »

king kong wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:59 pm You guys are acting like OH is on the same level as a Fairland! From what I have watched they aren’t unbeatable, especially by a good team. OH fans starting to whine and cry like Burg fans when someone disagrees with the!
You have to be the only fan I know that would argue how bad a team is that beat your team by 32. :lol:

And the posters above aren't Oaks fans. They are basketball fans that watch a lot of high school basketball. You can call me biased all day, but those guys are just giving you their honest unbiased opinions. They have no dog in the fight.

BBALL99
Freshman Team

Post by BBALL99 »

Overall, I think Oak Hill has more talent on the floor. Eastern has more depth. I think Oak Hills bigs can help contain Miller. (How did Miller do first game against Oak Hill?) I feel as though Eastern is going gonna be to play really well to upset Oak Hill. However, if Oak Hill isn't hitting or gets into foul trouble I think Eastern can keep it close.

You know both teams are obviously well coached and both coaches will put their teams in the best position to win.

Good luck to both teams.

ronm001
Freshman Team

Post by ronm001 »

People wanna know how Miller did the 1st meeting. Well let me tell you this if Miller plays the passive game like he has many times EP is in trouble now if miller plays agressive tough like he did sat it could be game on none of OH Bigs can guard him in the post if he plays tough.

OSU Alumni 2003
Waterboy

Post by OSU Alumni 2003 »

this needs to be a fairly high scoring game in order for the eagles to have a chance.
I'd rather see this turn into a track meet than the eagles trying to slow the pace of the game down just for the simple fact we lack ball handlers. Both of these teams are very similar.
OH is a little more disciplined with the ball, which is why this should be an uptempo game. Both teams have the ability to shoot the 3 ball. And as of late, our guard/post players have been very good locating the outside shooters.
As far as containing miller, I can't see that happening. They better be doubling down. He has the ability to find the open man when under pressure which makes him more of a threat. He has only gotten better as the season progressed!
And don't let tomilson fool you, hes quick on the feet and he's a tough kid to guard w/o fouling. He uses his size well to his advantage. At the beginning of the season, he wasnt utilized like he should've been. He's been key in some of the eagles more quality wins this season. So he could definitely be a difference maker.
Regardless of the outcome, this should be one of the exciting game to watch.

EagleNut14
Freshman Team

Post by EagleNut14 »

If it turns into a track meet I could see it playing into the Eagles favor. It don't look like Oak Hill is very deep at all and they might run out of gas late in the game.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

EagleNut14 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:15 pm If it turns into a track meet I could see it playing into the Eagles favor. It don't look like Oak Hill is very deep at all and they might run out of gas late in the game.
I agree a bit but OH knows their shortcomings and how to counter teams that go at them. They know how to do this.

Sportsnut
Waterboy

Post by Sportsnut »

Eastern never has been a team that can slow the game down and play half court sets. It just isn't something that is in their nature regardless of who the coach is. Whether it is something they are born with or get in the east side of pike county water, they always have been and always will be a team that wants to get out and run. IMO, a wide open game is the best chance for the Eagles to pull out a victory. Good luck to the boys from Beaver and Stockdale.

SOC94
Freshman Team

Post by SOC94 »

I keep hearing Miller this and Miller that. Did he not play in the regular season meeting? I’m not saying he not a good player and it’s a long season and the eagles are playing great ball. Swingle only scored 23 if my memory is correct against the Oaks Saturday. I find it hard to believe that the bigs from Oak Hill can’t contain Miller. I’m not saying this game can’t be close but I don’t see it being within 10+ points, track meet or not. Darby, Long, and Hammond will be just fine when it comes to post defense. Hale had no problem adjusting to the convo when it comes to shooting and I believe Landon will get it going this game. Landon was face guarded most of the PV game. Oaks just too much for the Eagles and will cut the nets down for the first time since 2013. Go Oaks!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

SOC94 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:23 pm I keep hearing Miller this and Miller that. Did he not play in the regular season meeting? I’m not saying he not a good player and it’s a long season and the eagles are playing great ball. Swingle only scored 23 if my memory is correct against the Oaks Saturday. I find it hard to believe that the bigs from Oak Hill can’t contain Miller. I’m not saying this game can’t be close but I don’t see it being within 10+ points, track meet or not. Darby, Long, and Hammond will be just fine when it comes to post defense. Hale had no problem adjusting to the convo when it comes to shooting and I believe Landon will get it going this game. Landon was face guarded most of the PV game. Oaks just too much for the Eagles and will cut the nets down for the first time since 2013. Go Oaks!
Miller is great. I believe Darby will be right there with him. I do believe EP has more scoring options than PV did. PV had two kids open a good bit for shots. One pretty much never shot and the one hit about 4 shots from the ft line. OH won’t focus on Miller like they did Swingle.

Return to “Boys Basketball”