Fairland vs Waverly @ Beast of the Southeast

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Re: Fairland vs Waverly @ Beast of the Southeast

Post by Ukfanatic »

That was a crazy fun game to watch. My take. Fairland is very good but not as good as last year. Waverly pressure really affected them n the first half. They miss the kid from last year who was so good at handling pressure and taking care of the ball. Waverly played well. I thought the refs let it get out of control early. Lots of talking by Fairland when they were trailing the entire first half. Even their fans were yelling at our kids and coach. Very good third quarter by both teams with Fairland taking a slight lead. Then the craziness. Double fouls, technical fouls on Penrod and van horn sent the big man to the bench. Lots of talking from that point on. More shoving and double techs again. It was both teams played nvolved not just Waverly. Yes we have to do a better job not reacting but there was a lot of provocation. Waverly has a bunch of good kids who play their hind ends off. Shouldn't be painted as a bunch of hot heads. Bring on the tournament. Maybe we will be good enough to see Fairland again. We won't be scared and I will say th re is probably a lot more teams they would rather see than Waverly.

Bring the Heat
Freshman Team

Post by Bring the Heat »

How in the world did they look so bad against Jackson.
Hardly got to 40.

Jackson must be better than what people think.............

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Bring the Heat wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:17 pm How in the world did they look so bad against Jackson.
Hardly got to 40.

Jackson must be better than what people think.............
Head scratcher 🤔

Dragon's Lair
Riding the Bench

Post by Dragon's Lair »

Ukfanatic wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:01 pm That was a crazy fun game to watch. My take. Fairland is very good but not as good as last year. Waverly pressure really affected them n the first half. They miss the kid from last year who was so good at handling pressure and taking care of the ball. Waverly played well. I thought the refs let it get out of control early. Lots of talking by Fairland when they were trailing the entire first half. Even their fans were yelling at our kids and coach. Very good third quarter by both teams with Fairland taking a slight lead. Then the craziness. Double fouls, technical fouls on Penrod and van horn sent the big man to the bench. Lots of talking from that point on. More shoving and double techs again. It was both teams played nvolved not just Waverly. Yes we have to do a better job not reacting but there was a lot of provocation. Waverly has a bunch of good kids who play their hind ends off. Shouldn't be painted as a bunch of hot heads. Bring on the tournament. Maybe we will be good enough to see Fairland again. We won't be scared and I will say th re is probably a lot more teams they would rather see than Waverly.
You're an idiot!

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Perfect example of a Fairland fan.

Unbiased
Waterboy

Post by Unbiased »

Ukfanatic wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:01 pm That was a crazy fun game to watch. My take. Fairland is very good but not as good as last year. Waverly pressure really affected them n the first half. They miss the kid from last year who was so good at handling pressure and taking care of the ball. Waverly played well. I thought the refs let it get out of control early. Lots of talking by Fairland when they were trailing the entire first half. Even their fans were yelling at our kids and coach. Very good third quarter by both teams with Fairland taking a slight lead. Then the craziness. Double fouls, technical fouls on Penrod and van horn sent the big man to the bench. Lots of talking from that point on. More shoving and double techs again. It was both teams played nvolved not just Waverly. Yes we have to do a better job not reacting but there was a lot of provocation. Waverly has a bunch of good kids who play their hind ends off. Shouldn't be painted as a bunch of hot heads. Bring on the tournament. Maybe we will be good enough to see Fairland again. We won't be scared and I will say th re is probably a lot more teams they would rather see than Waverly.
The Fairland fans were getting a little hot today, though I do think a lot of questionable walk calls made them that way. Three times one ref would call a foul and the other would call a walk. The walk somehow always won the discussion. Not taking sides, because I think both teams were hot and did things wrong, but it was not one sided between the fans and the Waverly coach. The coach was entertaining them and jawing right back to them. Also, I did not intend for it to sound as if I was saying that Waverly did not have good kids. I apologize if that’s how it was taken. I’m sure both sides are filled with good kids, competition can just make any teenager hot.

Return to “Boys Basketball”