Fairland vs Waverly @ Beast of the Southeast

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: Fairland vs Waverly @ Beast of the Southeast

Post by smurray »

Wow, another T in Waverly. 2 shots on the foul and 2 shots on the T. A lot of chirping, talking going on.
61-49

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Hate that I,missed this one

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

smurray wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:18 pm Wow, another T in Waverly. 2 shots on the foul and 2 shots on the T. A lot of chirping, talking going on.
61-49
Plus they get the possession in guessing

BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:02 pm Waverly well conditioned and can play quick, but not sure they have the skill level to play with Fairland. I’ll guess Fairland 67 Waverly 52
Wow! Good guess!!

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

Fairland(67) v (52)Waverly -- FINAL
Last edited by Tri-StateYouthSports on Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Ironman92 »

What was the final?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Lol...I win the internet today

GAHSBB#1fan
Riding the Bench

Post by GAHSBB#1fan »

Final score please!

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:36 pm Lol...I win the internet today
Go out and buy lottery tickets today!! Lol

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Sounds like Waverly played a nice game for three quarters.... down 49-46 going in to the 4th quarter. Than all the craziness set in with T's and all.

Be interesting to hear what took place. Good learning experience against what most people consider the best team in southern Ohio.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

GAHSBB#1fan wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:40 pm Final score please!
67-52

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

The T in Hoover was his own fault. Should have just walked away. The T on Adrian was initiated by 23 shoving him in the back. Tigers hung with them more than I expected and played tough for 3.5 quarters.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

From what I could tell on the radio it was a 5 point game in the 4th when all the craziness turned the game in its side. It sounded like there was a foul and Waverly would have been shooting but then it became or was called a double foul. A Fairland player got up in Hoovers face and he reacted resulted in a T in Waverly. Radio announcers said Fairland players were “chirping” and “jawing” the entire game.
This incident resulted in Waverly not shooting any FT’s because of the double foul (a chance to cut to 3) and Fairland shooting 2 and the ball.
Another foul call a couple minutes later resulted in Adrian picking up his 4th foul and smacked with a T for his 5th, giving Fairland 4 shits and ball.

A very close game throughout turned upside down in the span of a couple minutes.
Fairland made some FT’s down the stretch to widen the margin.

Waverly with a very good showing against what people are saying is the best team in Southeast Ohio.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Sports-nut wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:05 pm The T in Hoover was his own fault. Should have just walked away. The T on Adrian was initiated by 23 shoving him in the back. Tigers hung with them more than I expected and played tough for 3.5 quarters.
Easier said then done for Hoov when the other player is in your face in a heated game.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

But, that’s what Travis said on the radio, it’s how we “react” to situations that makes a difference. The officials never once got the initiator - it was our reaction they got.

DragonDad
Waterboy

Post by DragonDad »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:02 pm Waverly well conditioned and can play quick, but not sure they have the skill level to play with Fairland. I’ll guess Fairland 67 Waverly 52
Wow on score guess

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

It was Van Horns fourth foul. Could have turned the momentum in favor of the Tigers.

Falconfan14
Riding the Bench

Post by Falconfan14 »

Sounds like Waverly needs to do a better job of controlling their emotions. They kept Minford in the game last night by getting 2 Technicals and a Flagrant foul.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Sooooo Waverly had 4 technical fouls in the last 2 games plus a flagrant foul on top of that ??????!!!! I will stop thinking out loud now (smh) ...

Unbiased
Waterboy

Post by Unbiased »

I watched this game and have read the comments thus far, and though Fairland did have some moments of talking, the Waverly squad appeared to be undisciplined and it seems it got worse as Fairland’s lead became larger. I didn’t think Fairland played all that well and then their big man, Van Horn I believe, picked up his 5th foul after a technical that was originally called on another player. The referees were not on the same page in many different cases. I thought Waverly played well, but in Fairlands case, great teams find a way to win.

Return to “Boys Basketball”