SEOPS Hippo

Re: Fairland @ Gallia Academy

Post by Ironman92 »

darn. I’m impressed.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:42 pm darn. I’m impressed.
Same here.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Good showing by The Blue Devils tonight! Maybe with a few extra seconds at the end? Who knows! Very proud of this team, showed heart and grit.
No let down at Portsmouth Friday!

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

GalliaGrad78 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:55 pm Good showing by The Blue Devils tonight! Maybe with a few extra seconds at the end? Who knows! Very proud of this team, showed heart and grit.
No let down at Portsmouth Friday!
I agree I am not going to get down on a team that has played so few close games but they were a little late getting that time out if you were going to take one. Better to learn it now then in tournament.

River runner
Waterboy

Post by River runner »

The Devils out scored the dragons 38-24 in the second half and I believe held Howell scoreless. Great game. Great plays and kids from both teams stepped up. Fairland had numerous 3s from it seems like everyone and ultimately the game winner from way outside. I believe Wiseman Blouir Thomas and Loveday and Call were in double figures maybe even Mccllend who had a nice game as well with support from Henry. A few plays just stood out Blouir trying to dunk over a Fairland player Loveday dunking on a lob Wiseman Thomas and Mccllend shooting 3s and Call with two athletic drives that were amazing. The Devils play like this on the tourney they will be hard to handle. This was the tale of two half’s for sure. Both teams made big pressure shots and Fairland surely never panicked. The Devils proved to everyone they can play more importantly they proved it to them selves. Go Blue

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

And to think you all were writing this team off. Funny.

abelsdaddio
Waterboy

Post by abelsdaddio »

Huge turnaround by GA after losing to the Dragons by 47 in their first meeting. They fought hard and showed they can be a dangerous team. Fairlands still the better team, Dragons have played so sloppy the last 3-4 games I’ve gone and watched and just won bc of their talent. If they get matched up with a team with near the same amount of talent they will get out coached and out played. These kids are very poorly conditioned. I noticed this last Saturday vs Chesapeake when Peake played the same 5 almost the entire game other than just a couple minutes and the dragons went deep into their bench and still looked gassed while the panthers looked like they hadn’t broken a sweat. Dragons better get their game cleaned up quickly.

bobcat2015
Riding the Bench

Post by bobcat2015 »

abelsdaddio wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:54 pm Huge turnaround by GA after losing to the Dragons by 47 in their first meeting. They fought hard and showed they can be a dangerous team. Fairlands still the better team, Dragons have played so sloppy the last 3-4 games I’ve gone and watched and just won bc of their talent. If they get matched up with a team with near the same amount of talent they will get out coached and out played. These kids are very poorly conditioned. I noticed this last Saturday vs Chesapeake when Peake played the same 5 almost the entire game other than just a couple minutes and the dragons went deep into their bench and still looked gassed while the panthers looked like they hadn’t broken a sweat. Dragons better get their game cleaned up quickly.
Outcoached and outplayed? Salty are we?

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

One H of a job guard play step up ! Keep it up ! Good luck.

GAHSBB#1fan
Riding the Bench

Post by GAHSBB#1fan »

Gallia Academy vs Fairland WOW! What a game both teams played hard and never wavered or panic. The Blue Devils showed when they play their A game they can play with anybody. I thought all of the Blue Devils step up their game tonight especially all the guards. When they play that away they can advance in the tournament. Hats off to the Fairland Dagons they showed why they are OVC Champs for the 3rd time in a row they didn't panic when they were down late by 4 points and boy did cool Hand Luke Thomas make some big shots for them. The Blue Devils also hit some big time shots from Wiseman , Thomas, McCellan and Call and how about that pass from Henry to Loveday for a one handed Slam Dunk that about brought the house down a ESPN top 10 play. All of us can second guess the coaches about what should have been done differently, but I thought the Coaching staff did a great job preparing them for the game and called the play at the end and gave the Blue Devils a chance to win. Proud of the all the Blue Devils for the fight they put up tonight and hats off the all the Blue Devil fans who filled the Gym and were on their feet cheering on the "BIG BLUE"

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Completely agree with above post

The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

bobcat2015 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:34 am
abelsdaddio wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:54 pm Huge turnaround by GA after losing to the Dragons by 47 in their first meeting. They fought hard and showed they can be a dangerous team. Fairlands still the better team, Dragons have played so sloppy the last 3-4 games I’ve gone and watched and just won bc of their talent. If they get matched up with a team with near the same amount of talent they will get out coached and out played. These kids are very poorly conditioned. I noticed this last Saturday vs Chesapeake when Peake played the same 5 almost the entire game other than just a couple minutes and the dragons went deep into their bench and still looked gassed while the panthers looked like they hadn’t broken a sweat. Dragons better get their game cleaned up quickly.
Didn’t Fairland beat Chesapeake by 35? I’m sure the Panthers broke a sweat. Either way, could’ve been a case of boredom for Fairland and the Gallia game was a wake up call

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

bobcat2015 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:34 am
Honestly, I've thought that the Dragons haven't looked in very good shape for the past couple of years. However, I also don't think that it has really effected them.

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

wow, what a game, congrats to both squads and communities....Trojans host Gallia on Friday, hope we play well, take care of the ball and let the chips fall where they will Go Trojans

Padrino_Azul ☠️
Waterboy

Post by Padrino_Azul ☠️ »

Hats off to both teams. The Dragons showed that when tested, they could handle a challenge . And a challenge is what the blue throwed at them . Congrats to both clubs . I am a Blue Devil fan , and the excitement that filled the big gym was great . Coach Harrison and staff did a great job with the team. Coach made adjustments, and handled his substitutions very well . Great to see Evan Wiseman have the game that he did . Thomas played as well as he ever has . Call and J.Mac are the type of players fans like to see. Belour is flat out a basketball player. Nobody in that gym , who watched that kid play can deny that . Loveday is something we won’t forget for a while . Great effort , great support from the fans . Go Blue , build on this .

ovcfan12
Riding the Bench

Post by ovcfan12 »

Funny to me how people jump all over coaching now after Fairland has a one point WIN on the road against a very good team. Give coaches credit. Gallia coach for Keeping it close with Fairland after getting beat by 47 earlier in the year. Give Fairland coach credit for going to Gallia and get out of there with a W. Fairland hasn’t had bad loss since the 2015-16 season. Just funny how everyone Blames coaching. By the way to say Fairland isn’t in shape is crazy. Both teams looked fine last night when it comes to conditioning and that’s a great game for both teams before the tournament.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

playing on the road is always tough that is the way basketball is, this thread was quiet all week

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I have to give Gallia Academy major props for an outstanding effort against a very good Fairland Dragons team. The Blue Devils will indeed be a real tough opponent for anyone in the tournament if they can play at that level. As for Fairland, nothing in my mind has changed. They are still a really good basketball team that can make a return trip to the Schottenstein Center come March. Last night, though, showed that the Dragons are mortal, but they did what very good basketball teams do......they won in a very hostile atmosphere. Perhaps they needed a close game with the tournament just around the corner.

My Trojans are going to have a make a much better defensive effort vs. the Blue Devils on Friday. Just as Gallia made the return match vs. Fairland a very competitive game, Portsmouth can do the same against GAHS.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the matchup last night was what the Gallia Academy posters called BEFORE the season even started - they had faith in what GAHS brought to the court this season as they stated that we would see the Blue Devils taking one from Fairland this season ... GAHS played well enough to make THAT happen - great effort ... the Dragons of Coach Speed showed why they ARE the #1 team in the SouthEast District no matter the division - players who HAVE been through it all, seen it all, on the road, at home - Luke Thomas with ice in his veins dropping not one but 2 triples in a row ... Congratulations to the Dragons on the "W" last night - as trojandave pointed out great TEAMS FIND a way to get it done ...

Sportsman
Riding the Bench

Post by Sportsman »

Sounds like a great game. Gallia stepped up at home and didn't waiver. Fairland may have relaxed a bit but got the W. They have had a great run in the OVC. Gallia should be the team to beat next year no doubt.

Return to “Boys Basketball”