Feb 3rd oak hill @ coal grove

Waterboy
Freshman Team

Re: Feb 3rd oak hill @ coal grove

Post by Waterboy »

Also if you look back sopump33 call the game as is was Coalgrove by 4 . So maybe he does know something you all don't

I’m a neutral fannnnn of every one in southern ohio
Waterboy
Freshman Team

Post by Waterboy »

Oaktown wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:55 pm
Steve91 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:29 pm Hornet81, I'm on the staff! Who did he point finger at? I didn't see it.
I think it was the athletic director. He was probably telling him Oak Hill would never play another game in that gym. If you can't have a fairly officiated contest why would you subject yourself to that when it's an out of league game. Simply don't put that game on the schedule anymore.

Congratulations to the Coal Grove players. They played a very good game and the Oaks lacked in some areas tonight. They should do well in the post season and I wish them the best of luck.

Im not going to get on here and make a lot of excuses, but what I will say is that was an absolute disgace to all the good officials in Southeastern Ohio. If I were Coach Persin I would definitely submit that game film to the state for review. That crew needs demoted back to JV or even the biddie league ranks. They have no business refereeing High School Varsity games.

As he said there was laughing and joking with Coal Grove players, coaches, their crowd and even huddling together on the court and having discussions during the game. That is against OHSAA rules and should be reported. That was the most unprofessional crew I have ever watched officiate.
No excuses needed. It could go both ways with the officiating. Maybe it would've been a different outcome with the other starter but it is what it is . You congratulated the grove ( and I appreciate it) though you also had that "but" word which means you're still upset and don't really mean it . You contradict yourself when you post . Just say your team was beat . Butt hurt 😭 much ? It's a kids game .

I’m a neutral fannnnn of every one in southern ohio
Oaktown
Freshman Team

Post by Oaktown »

Waterboy wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:38 pm
Oaktown wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:55 pm
Steve91 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:29 pm Hornet81, I'm on the staff! Who did he point finger at? I didn't see it.
I think it was the athletic director. He was probably telling him Oak Hill would never play another game in that gym. If you can't have a fairly officiated contest why would you subject yourself to that when it's an out of league game. Simply don't put that game on the schedule anymore.

Congratulations to the Coal Grove players. They played a very good game and the Oaks lacked in some areas tonight. They should do well in the post season and I wish them the best of luck.

Im not going to get on here and make a lot of excuses, but what I will say is that was an absolute disgace to all the good officials in Southeastern Ohio. If I were Coach Persin I would definitely submit that game film to the state for review. That crew needs demoted back to JV or even the biddie league ranks. They have no business refereeing High School Varsity games.

As he said there was laughing and joking with Coal Grove players, coaches, their crowd and even huddling together on the court and having discussions during the game. That is against OHSAA rules and should be reported. That was the most unprofessional crew I have ever watched officiate.
No excuses needed. It could go both ways with the officiating. Maybe it would've been a different outcome with the other starter but it is what it is . You congratulated the grove ( and I appreciate it) though you also had that "but" word which means you're still upset and don't really mean it . You contradict yourself when you post . Just say your team was beat . Butt hurt 😭 much ? It's a kids game .
It sort of amuses me you preach it's a "kids game" in the same sentence you use the term "butt hurt". You better get to bed, you have school in the morning.

bc181700
Freshman Team

Post by bc181700 »

Poo Bear wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:14 am
bc181700 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:10 am
bhicks42 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:53 pm Any opinion on the no call where the OH player was over and back by at least two feet when they were down 2 with about 20 seconds left? I’m sure that’s on film. Apparently Norm doesn’t like losing to Coal Grove. He’s probably 45-1 against them now, I would guess. Oh and the finger in the chest after the game, I have it on video. It happenened!
You are correct, it was definitely a backcourt violation by about a foot, I do have on film.
And the following 5-second call was about 3 seconds, rightfully so, the official corrected his miss. Difficult to catch every call at that point in a game, it was fast paced.
You film games when you have no one playing and your kids don't even go to oak hill ?

That's a dedication !
Ha-ha! Great point, I'm only partially that dedicated. I only film critical portions of some games, but I receive game film from different folk. I scout for some locals.

Return to “Boys Basketball”