Feb 3rd oak hill @ coal grove

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Re: Feb 3rd oak hill @ coal grove

Post by LucasDavenport »

To be fair Oak Hill has had very little chatter this year but I figured it was because 4 of their starting 5 were transfers.

Hopefully the few who do post on here will give you your due but it’s really not fun to post when your team loses.

Interesting to me that Norm and his scheduling — which when he has a team like this — is usually pieced together with 8 wins in the non- league slate to go for the Perfect Season—- was tripped up by Coal Grove. There’s no doubt they are on The Oaks schedule for a W. Coal Grove didn’t uphold their end of the bargain!!

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Speaking of schedules , Can someone tell me why Jackson and oak hill do not play ? The Gate would be huge

Waterboy
Freshman Team

Post by Waterboy »

Oaktown wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:09 pm
Sopump33 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:49 pm How many players are actually from oak hill? I know they tried get the kid from Gallipolis and that didn’t workout. Just wondering.
Here comes this lame discussion again. Already looking for excuses for the loss that's coming tonight.
Not so fast wise guy

I’m a neutral fannnnn of every one in southern ohio
bhicks42
Freshman Team

Post by bhicks42 »

Whoooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
Norms first loss ever against The Grove?

Pirate84
Waterboy

Post by Pirate84 »

Wow......... Nice win!!!

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Great game for CG very nice win will help a lot come tournament seeding time

Burg grad 85
Steve91
Waterboy

Post by Steve91 »

That was a great game and a great win for our Hornets. I hope both teams go deep in their post seasons. We probably was an underdog going into this game as was Rock Hill last night. I would hate to be the team's left on RH's schedule and whoever they play in first round of post season. RH is much improved and they gave us all we could handle. Much like tonight, that game could have gone either way. Oak Hill is having another great season. Congrats to our boys on a hard fought win. Go Grove!

Hornet81
Waterboy

Post by Hornet81 »

:P Norm didn’t like his loss pointed his finger in one of the Coal Grove staffs face at end .but HE didn’t back DOWN :lol: “just like the basketball team” ! Sorry norm for the loss “but every good thing got to come to a end” 16-1 thanks for the help in the brackets :P :lol: good luck the rest of the season ! #ROLLCOALL🏀

One game at a time an speed kills 2017 OVC champs
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Great win for the Hornets. Have fun with them D4

Sportsman
Riding the Bench

Post by Sportsman »

Wow great game by both teams. Both teams played extremely hard. Coal Crove made some very difficult shots and the Hill missed a couple key free throws down the stretch. Nice atmosphere at game. Now can everyone leave the Trash Talk alone? Both teams are very good.

mikeyvegas39
Waterboy

Post by mikeyvegas39 »

Yea they r but alot of things were said lol . Coal grove didn't have a chance . Get beat by 26 ...lol. they both r good teams . Hornets definitely punched the number 1 seed and will be very dangerous in d4 to win it all.

Steve91
Waterboy

Post by Steve91 »

Hornet81, I'm on the staff! Who did he point finger at? I didn't see it.

bc181700
Freshman Team

Post by bc181700 »

Well, I don't have a kid on either team, and I'm not from either school (but I pull for Jackson County teams typically).

That was a great game to watch, but some of you prepubescent schoolgirls from CG need to relax on you Instagram comments for this forum. Don't taint the fantastic accomplishment that your CG team just made by your banter online.

CG played excellent. They made the shots that were required to win the game (including a fall-down 3 pointer from 27 ft that banked in at end of reg to push OT). Their D was also very good. OH couldn't throw the ball in the ocean, and CG took full advantage, as any good team should.

OH's defense was the worst I've seen in watching any game they've played in recent years.

With that said, I also officiate, and for anyone at this game (prepubescent Instagram'ers excluded), they should realize that this was a shame of a High School officiating display. I know how difficult it is, so I don't make comments like this typically, but this 1st half should be reviewed by OSHAA. The object of officiating is to call a game that does not influence the outcome of a game, and that was not the situation tonight. Side conversations with one team's coaches before, during and at halftime, as well as with that team's players, just cannot happen. That gives a horrific perception, especially when the calls are not equal. That is something that we just cannot do.

Last, OH taking a loss isn't the end of their world. I'm old school, so I think everyone needs punched in the mouth before tournament time... and OH took a nasty right hook tonight.

Good luck to both squads going into post season, I hope they both win state titles.

Oaktown
Freshman Team

Post by Oaktown »

Steve91 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:29 pm Hornet81, I'm on the staff! Who did he point finger at? I didn't see it.
I think it was the athletic director. He was probably telling him Oak Hill would never play another game in that gym. If you can't have a fairly officiated contest why would you subject yourself to that when it's an out of league game. Simply don't put that game on the schedule anymore.

Congratulations to the Coal Grove players. They played a very good game and the Oaks lacked in some areas tonight. They should do well in the post season and I wish them the best of luck.

Im not going to get on here and make a lot of excuses, but what I will say is that was an absolute disgace to all the good officials in Southeastern Ohio. If I were Coach Persin I would definitely submit that game film to the state for review. That crew needs demoted back to JV or even the biddie league ranks. They have no business refereeing High School Varsity games.

As he said there was laughing and joking with Coal Grove players, coaches, their crowd and even huddling together on the court and having discussions during the game. That is against OHSAA rules and should be reported. That was the most unprofessional crew I have ever watched officiate.
Last edited by Oaktown on Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sopump33
Waterboy

Post by Sopump33 »

I agree the officiating was horrible against CG it should be reviewed so we don’t almost get hosed at home again!

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Crying about officiating = priceless

Pirate84
Waterboy

Post by Pirate84 »

Officiating is a tough job...tried my hand at it a couple times. Found that most fans look thru "rose colored glasses" when it comes to their team. With that being said unequal fraternizing with teams I would think is a no-no. Wasn't there nor do I have a dog in the fight. Don't minimize CG's win. Huge win for seeding & the program. I believe Mr.Persin will use this loss as a teaching point & will find a way to make it a positive. Good luck to both squads in the tournament!!!!

CGFAN#1
Freshman Team

Post by CGFAN#1 »

Oaktown wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:55 pm
Steve91 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:29 pm Hornet81, I'm on the staff! Who did he point finger at? I didn't see it.
I think it was the athletic director. He was probably telling him Oak Hill would never play another game in that gym. If you can't have a fairly officiated contest why would you subject yourself to that when it's an out of league game. Simply don't put that game on the schedule anymore.

Congratulations to the Coal Grove players. They played a very good game and the Oaks lacked in some areas tonight. They should do well in the post season and I wish them the best of luck.

Im not going to get on here and make a lot of excuses, but what I will say is that was an absolute disgace to all the good officials in Southeastern Ohio. If I were Coach Persin I would definitely submit that game film to the state for review. That crew needs demoted back to JV or even the biddie league ranks. They have no business refereeing High School Varsity games.

As he said there was laughing and joking with Coal Grove players, coaches, their crowd and even huddling together on the court and having discussions during the game. That is against OHSAA rules and should be reported. That was the most unprofessional crew I have ever watched officiate.
To say officiating impacted the result of this game is ridiculous. I believe the fouls were even. OH likely shot more free throws. CG also had more turnovers.
In regard to the behavior of the losing coach after the game my daughter and others heard him say choice words an adult should not say in front of children.
This was a good game and CG should be proud of their effort and I am sure OH will learn from the loss.
Good luck to both teams moving forward.
Go Big Grove!

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Yeah I guess there was no way the Mighty Oaks could be beaten unless it was the officials fault.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

I heard those same officials are going to be assigned the Burg/Oak Hill game on Tuesday. Sorry Norm!! Lol

Return to “Boys Basketball”