Re: DII - Logan sectional

Post by Raider6309 »

Warren #1 seed. That's pretty funny

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:35 pm Warren #1 seed. That's pretty funny
Yeah, have to agree with that!!! Warren has played a nice schedule, and has come a long way, but is not the #1 seed in this sectional, and Coach would not even put his team up for a #1 seed.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Who does New Lex have coming up before the draw? Athens is at Jackson for another big game on Tuesday. Seems like maybe Athens and New Lex either one could be 5 or 6 seed so far.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

It's actually in Athens best interest to be the 6. Nobody wants to be 4/5.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Warren SoS

Fort Frye home & away W/W ...
Meadowbrooke home & away (L) by 4 ... 14-3
Parkersburg South (#4 in WVa - all divisions/schools combined) (L) by 6
@ Parkersburg (8-6) (L) by 6 - #35 All divisions/schools combined
Parkersburg Catholic (10-5) (W) #30 All divisions/schools combined
Chillicothe ... 12-4
@Logan ... 14-1
Waterford ... 8-3
@New Philly (L) by 3 ... 10-5

..... others since they were brought up , I would count them as middle of the road teams

Morgan x 2 ... L opening night by 7 ... W in the rematch by 10
@Alexander ... W by 9
@ Athens ... W by 23

..... Fairfield Union SoS

South & Beechcroft are legitimate excellent teams L by 26 /L by 10
Teays Valley (L by 2 in OT)

Both Watterson & St. Charles are nowhere the teams of last year or years past they are legitimately DOWN ... L to Amanda CC is a BAD loss ... quality win ?

... Sheridan SoS

John Glenn (L)
Philo (L)
Tri Valley (W) OT ... only quality W

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I wouldn't count a D4 Waterford, who just lost to Eastern, a top tier quality win for D2 Warren. Maybe down with Athens/Alex on that level.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Watterson may be down for their standards, but they still clobbered Athens. Lol

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Sheridan did beat Philo this weekend in their 2nd matchup, which I'd count as a quality W as well

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

61-43
61-38

Those are scores of Warren & Watterson over Athens in a span of 4 days. Watched both play back-to-back, they are mirror images of each other. You have to count FU win over Watterson as a quality win.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... 2 more weeks until the seedings ! ... glad I could stir up the mud under the records and get Strength of Schedule pushed up to at least somewhat equal ground with records ... you HAVE TO look at both just like you have to look at more than just a loss or a win , got to analyze the who, where, by how much , even the when a game was played comes into play (Warren loses to Morgan to open the season, FU gets drubbed by South by 26 points in the opening game as well etc) ... I always add the "eye test" as a factor as well ... you have to have seen all of the teams to be able truly see how they stack-up vs each other ... records are a good place to BEGIN the conversation BUT ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Has 6’8 Royster been available for Sheridan all season or just about the past 7-9 games?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:59 pm ... 2 more weeks until the seedings ! ... glad I could stir up the mud under the records and get Strength of Schedule pushed up to at least somewhat equal ground with records ... you HAVE TO look at both just like you have to look at more than just a loss or a win , got to analyze the who, where, by how much , even the when a game was played comes into play (Warren loses to Morgan to open the season, FU gets drubbed by South by 26 points in the opening game as well etc) ... I always add the "eye test" as a factor as well ... you have to have seen all of the teams to be able truly see how they stack-up vs each other ... records are a good place to BEGIN the conversation BUT ...

Come on now, we all know Maddox showers you with bags of twizzlers and pizza crossing coupons! You're not fooling anyone. I bet he even bought that VW bus for you to drive. Lol

Bud07
Freshman Team

Post by Bud07 »

Fairfield Union has won 4 in a row and I believe they are playing much better. I also think Hmilton twp D1 is a very solid team they have a win over. However I do think they have a bad loss. They are the best team on the Logan Side, but they deserve whatever seed they get. Just wish that Sheridan game was before the draw. But it's not and I'm not surprised.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:45 pm
Yeah, have to agree with that!!! Warren has played a nice schedule, and has come a long way, but is not the #1 seed in this sectional, and Coach would not even put his team up for a #1 seed.
Warren is top 4. FU's schedule is brutal so hard for me to put them below Warren. Warren/VC will be working teams hard to not be the 4 seed

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Sheridan has a nice record, but they always seem to underperform come tournament time. It's too bad they don't play Fairfield Union before the draw, so we could get a better indication of where they are.

Fairfield Union has played a very nice non-league schedule, but this is the worst the MSL has been in recent memory. Bloom-Carroll is down, Logan Elm is down. Teays Valley has a couple of nice players and some good role players, but they're 2-4 against Division I schools. Same is true for Hamilton Township. If they were D2, I'd consider them good D2 teams. But, as D1, they're below average. Often the problem when you're a small D1 playing against schools that are a lot bigger and are deeper. Amanda is coming on, but I don't where to stack them yet. Interested to see when they play Fairfield again and Unioto.

If Amanda can continue this pace they've been on then that doesn't look as bad losing to them as it does right now for Fairfield Union. Amanda has talent - 6-6 post and some kids who can knock down shots.
Last edited by bman on Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:29 pm
thebarlowbandit wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:45 pm
Warren is top 4. FU's schedule is brutal so hard for me to put them below Warren. Warren/VC will be working teams hard to not be the 4 seed
You could put 1-3 three different ways and I really couldn't argue with you too much about it. Interested to see the last two weeks and how it shakes out.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:03 pm
pfloyd wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:59 pm ... 2 more weeks until the seedings ! ... glad I could stir up the mud under the records and get Strength of Schedule pushed up to at least somewhat equal ground with records ... you HAVE TO look at both just like you have to look at more than just a loss or a win , got to analyze the who, where, by how much , even the when a game was played comes into play (Warren loses to Morgan to open the season, FU gets drubbed by South by 26 points in the opening game as well etc) ... I always add the "eye test" as a factor as well ... you have to have seen all of the teams to be able truly see how they stack-up vs each other ... records are a good place to BEGIN the conversation BUT ...

Come on now, we all know Maddox showers you with bags of twizzlers and pizza crossing coupons! You're not fooling anyone. I bet he even bought that VW bus for you to drive. Lol
... 93bulldog ! you forgot to add that the NEW Warren Warrior Gymnasium will have the Purple Hippo at center court ! and just for good measure , the voters in the Warren Local School District when they voted "YES" to build new schools - you guessed it, in the small print on the ballot , they also voted $$$$ to go to Pfloyd to renovate Mrs Pfloyd's kitchen ... Twizzlers, Pizza Crossing Pizza, Purple Hippo, Mrs. Pfloyd happy ... THAT's all I need ... but no on the VW Bus - I took that dive on my own LOL ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

bman wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:29 pm Sheridan has a nice record, but they always seem to underperform come tournament time. It's too bad they don't play Fairfield Union before the draw, so we could get a better indication of where they are.

Fairfield Union has played a very nice non-league schedule, but this is the worst the MSL has been in recent memory. Bloom-Carroll is down, Logan Elm is down. Teays Valley has a couple of nice players and some good role players, but they're 2-4 against Division I schools. Same is true for Hamilton Township. If they were D2, I'd consider them good D2 teams. But, as D1, they're below average. Often the problem when you're a small D1 playing against schools that are a lot bigger and are deeper. Amanda is coming on, but I don't where to stack them yet. Interested to see when they play Fairfield again and Unioto.

If Amanda can continue this pace they've been on then that doesn't look as bad losing to them as it does right now for Fairfield Union. Amanda has talent - 6-6 post and some kids who can knock down shots.
bman ! YOU sound like you've seen these teams & know what you are talking about !!! (for those wondering - yes I do know bman and YES he does know what he is talking about especially in the job that he does for a living ) ... good stuff !

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:41 pm
bman wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:29 pm Sheridan has a nice record, but they always seem to underperform come tournament time. It's too bad they don't play Fairfield Union before the draw, so we could get a better indication of where they are.

bman ! YOU sound like you've seen these teams & know what you are talking about !!! (for those wondering - yes I do know bman and YES he does know what he is talking about especially in the job that he does for a living ) ... good stuff !

But I get paid for it - although not a lot - you do it for the love of the game and I have a respect your knowledge and how many teams you see. Your lists are very detailed and informed.

If Fairfield Union wins out until the draw, I see them probably getting the No. 1 seed. But, right now, that Amanda loss knocks them down a peg.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

With how Amanda has played since the new year started, it is looking less and less like a bad loss for FU. The Aces had a rough start, but have really started to roll lately. Smith is a house inside and like bman said, they have several shooters. Very interesting team.

Return to “Boys Basketball”