Fairfield Union vs Beechcroft

falconbball
Riding the Bench

Fairfield Union vs Beechcroft

Post by falconbball »

Saturday night should be a fun game to watch, FU vs Beechcroft at Fairfield Union. I looked at their roster 6'6 point guard/guard , 6'7 Foward. Long and athletic, Looks like another city league challenge for FU. We played Columbus south earlier which was our only loss so far, anxious to see this game! Go Falcons!

Falcon01
S

Re: Fairfield Union vs Beechcroft

Post by Falcon01 »

I'd assume they press the entire game and put pressure on you constantly.

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Falcon01 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:09 pm I'd assume they press the entire game and put pressure on you constantly.
The will be one of those City league teams that if they get on a roll they are hard to beat . FU needs to control tempo to take this one . Good luck Falcons

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Good luck to the Falcons in this one vs the Best in the City League in Beechcroft ... athleticism, quickness, length, size - tough task for FU but the coaches KNOW all of this and will prepare accordingly ... Beechcroft will have runs - limit the runs, make them work on the offensive end which means FU is controlling the tempo ... a good barometer game for Coach Eversole & the Falcons ...

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Hopefully FU guards got better or this will be a 30 point blow out again. Before someone gets triggered. FU is the second best D2 district team

Bud07
Freshman Team

Post by Bud07 »

If the pace of the game is controlled FU has a chance, but this will be a tough one. They are huge and the will press for 32 minutes.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

I mean, regardless FU will have faced two city league teams who are really good and will have gotten better at handling the pressure, because of it. That's the good news.

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

Falcon01 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:49 pm I mean, regardless FU will have faced two city league teams who are really good and will have gotten better at handling the pressure, because of it. That's the good news.
Falcon01. .....is absolutely correct. This would be their 2nd loss to 2 of the best teams in Central Ohio. Nothing to be ashamed of and will only make them better later on. Just compete boys and everything will be fine.

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Smeltzy wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:16 pm
Falcon01 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:49 pm I mean, regardless FU will have faced two city league teams who are really good and will have gotten better at handling the pressure, because of it. That's the good news.
Falcon01. .....is absolutely correct. This would be their 2nd loss to 2 of the best teams in Central Ohio. Nothing to be ashamed of and will only make them better later on. Just compete boys and everything will be fine.
Being one of the best city league team does not mean they are 2 of the best in Central Ohio . The OCC has that wrapped up along with Eastmoor. My guess FU should be able to play with Beechcroft . If not then , well we will see .

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Truth&fiction wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:27 pm
Being one of the best city league team does not mean they are 2 of the best in Central Ohio . The OCC has that wrapped up along with Eastmoor. My guess FU should be able to play with Beechcroft . If not then , well we will see .
I'd argue this with you, but you seem to either not like fu or have something against them, so I don't see the point. One of the best OCC teams year in and year out is Newark, who beachfront opened the year up with, and beat. The OCC SHOULD dominate central Ohio too, they have 80% of the teams in the region...

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Have nothing against FU or any team . Newark is down a little this year but on a given night any team can give anyone a good game . I think the Falcons can give Beech croft a heck of a game and could get the "W". Sorry if I sounded negative . My comments were reflective on the City League Teams . Good luck to the Falcons .

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Beechcroft just snapped Northland's 11-year home win streak in league play their last time out. They are going to be as good as Eastmoor or South, which are the other top D2 teams in the Central District.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

danicalifornia wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:26 pm Beechcroft just snapped Northland's 11-year home win streak in league play their last time out. They are going to be as good as Eastmoor or South, which are the other top D2 teams in the Central District.
Agreed.

I also agree that Newark is down a bit, which is why I said year in and year out, because they're so inconsistent.

Think Eastmoor and South are the clear cut best d2 teams in central district, and beechcroft is right behind them.

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

Truth&fiction wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:27 pm
That's fine. It's your opinion. My opinion is that being a top city league team definitely counts as one of the best in Central Ohio. But whatever, my point was that it will be Extremely difficult for FU and if they lose it shouldn't hurt them in pfloyds rankings.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

@ZachFleer270: My coverage schedule for today

#4 (D3) Wellington vs. #7 (D1) Westerville North - 3 PM
#1 (D2) Beechcroft vs. #4 (D2) Fairfield Union - 7:30 PM

If Zach Fleer has them #1, then they must be good. Nobody puts more time and effort into central ohio basketball.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Falcon01 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:33 am @ZachFleer270: My coverage schedule for today

#4 (D3) Wellington vs. #7 (D1) Westerville North - 3 PM
#1 (D2) Beechcroft vs. #4 (D2) Fairfield Union - 7:30 PM

If Zach Fleer has them #1, then they must be good. Nobody puts more time and effort into central ohio basketball.
That's part of the reason I thought so highly of them. If he's got them over Eastmoor and South, then they must be special. Fleer is Central Ohio's younger version of pfloyd lol

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Good luck Fairfield Union

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Is this game still on ?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Beechcroft leads 15-14 after 1. The Falcons ended the first on a 7-0 run

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Thanks Dani, Slow night . Keep us posted.

Return to “Boys Basketball”