Wheelersburg Vs. Waverly 12-19-17

Oak
Freshman Team

Re: Wheelersburg Vs. Waverly 12-19-17

Post by Oak »

Sports-nut wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:50 pm Truitt was a great pickup for the pirates. Without him they’d be hurting on offense.
Sounds like he was a free agent

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Oak wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:14 am
Sports-nut wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:50 pm Truitt was a great pickup for the pirates. Without him they’d be hurting on offense.
I think so, lol.

JeepCreep
Waterboy

Post by JeepCreep »

Oak wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:14 am
Yeah, I'd use the term "addition" not "pickup" With the wording "pickup" either it sounds like you're playing fantasy football or recruiting lol. We all know the latter never happens

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

burgpirater wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:24 pm First off congrats Waverly on win you won fair and square

Second off football legs or not we flat out didn’t show up to play i said it before i say it again our coach don’t have a clue. Waverly shoots free throws like 1st grade girls team and we can’t beat em. Even besides that our kids weren’t ready to play we came to play 4th quarter that’s it before that we flat out weren’t ready to play

holden should of been our coach years ago but we’re stuck with this ater guy who takes best athletes in county and can’t wjn games we should win it’s a joke

Wow at disagree ... I do think only having 8 to 10 practices right after football is all the difference with this game. Not much time to get many plays ready with this group. I was pleased with the effort in QTR 4 ..

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

Portsmouth travels to Wheelersburg on Friday. Ill never forget those games in the 80,s that small gym packed, loud and we just hated each other haha.Best of luck to both squads.....Go Trojans

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Pa Trojan wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:47 am Portsmouth travels to Wheelersburg on Friday. Ill never forget those games in the 80,s that small gym packed, loud and we just hated each other haha.Best of luck to both squads.....Go Trojans
I believe it’s saturday. Enjoy this one I have heard this will be the last regular season game between the 2

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

fbnut wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:41 am
Pa Trojan wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:47 am Portsmouth travels to Wheelersburg on Friday. Ill never forget those games in the 80,s that small gym packed, loud and we just hated each other haha.Best of luck to both squads.....Go Trojans
I believe it’s saturday. Enjoy this one I have heard this will be the last regular season game between the 2
More fallout from PHS dropping Burg in football? Gotta think PHS is regretting that decision.*

dontreply
Freshman Team

Post by dontreply »

It is Saturday ,and good!!
Worst gym ever for visitors to watch a game

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

dontreply wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:51 am

If this is the last year, it is just another example of the the big city school being afraid of the little County School. It’s sad to see Portsmouth become the laughing stock of the County.

vincent_chase
Waterboy

Post by vincent_chase »

Anyone else think the last play by the Pirates was terrible? I understand putting it on Holden’s hands but he was getting doubled and they had ran that earlier in the game and it was a turnover. They came out of a timeout and basically nothing was ran. Tanner stand on the block get open against double team and shoot contested jumper while everyone else watch. I know early in the season but you have to be able to come out of timeout with something better than that. Maybe a screen for Tanner? And also maybe I’m crazy.

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

I’m a tiger fan and I thought the same thing. I would have had Tanner inbound the ball and move under the basket for a possible tip with Truitt at the top of the key for a three attempt. Just my opinion

Vito Corleone
Freshman Team

Post by Vito Corleone »

It's easy to come up with ideas when we are in the stands. Who knows what we would do in a full or 30 sec timeout with a clipboard in hand...

Making offers you can't refuse
4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

dontreply wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:51 amIt is Saturday ,and good!!
Agree....I never understood why Portsmouth has visitors mixed in with home fans on the same side and then what I would think would be the visitors side is also home fans.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

4thgoal wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:52 am
Agree....I never understood why Portsmouth has visitors mixed in with home fans on the same side and then what I would think would be the visitors side is also home fans.
Same here, messed up

dontreply
Freshman Team

Post by dontreply »

4thgoal wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:52 am
I agree with that to,no argument here.
Just like burg football, vister side loaded with burg fans.

dontreply
Freshman Team

Post by dontreply »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:28 am

If this is the last year, it is just another example of the the big city school being afraid of the little County School. It’s sad to see Portsmouth become the laughing stock of the County.

Burg is dropping Portsmouth in basketball, my guess is the excuse Portsmouth dropped us in 🏈 so we drop you ibasketball.

I agree can't compete in football ,still as a fan I did not like that decision, but basketball? Check p town crudential, they run from no one in basketball ,no one in the state in the division comes close and if I'm not mistaken 9 of the last ten against burg. Burg should drop Portsmouth in basketball because ptown dropped them,cost both schools $$$$$$

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

dontreply wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:04 pm

Burg is dropping Portsmouth in basketball, my guess is the excuse Portsmouth dropped us in 🏈 so we drop you ibasketball.

I agree can't compete in football ,still as a fan I did not like that decision, but basketball? Check p town crudential, they run from no one in basketball ,no one in the state in the division comes close and if I'm not mistaken 9 of the last ten against burg. Burg should drop Portsmouth in basketball because ptown dropped them,cost both schools $$$$$$
My bad if Burg is the one dropping Portsmouth in basketball. I read it as the other way around. If this is true, then yet another reason that Ater is not the answer for Burg’s program. You need to challenge yourself with your non conference games and Portsmouth basketball is a challenging opponent. The rivalry and the large attendance this game usually has is reason enough to keep it no matter the records. Ater Is becoming known as a soft non conference scheduler.

With that being said, Portsmouth basketball is maybe the only bright spot in a sea of darkness which is Portsmouth. Hope the game continues in B-ball and that it starts back up again in football.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

I forgot to add this. I agree, the last play of the Waverly game to Holden was too obvious. Waverly knew who the ball was going to. Heck everyone did. Should have tried a misdirection play to someone else or if Ater was insistent on going to Holden, then try an alley oop play. I mean he’s 6’6” and can dunk the ball. He probably would have drawn a foul as well. I guess a lot of would of’s and could of’s. I thought the 13-0 run they gave Waverly to start the second half was the biggest downfall of the night. Season is still young Burg will rebound.

dontreply
Freshman Team

Post by dontreply »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:55 pm

My bad if Burg is the one dropping Portsmouth in basketball. I read it as the other way around. If this is true, then yet another reason that Ater is not the answer for Burg’s program. You need to challenge yourself with your non conference games and Portsmouth basketball is a challenging opponent. The rivalry and the large attendance this game usually has is reason enough to keep it no matter the records. Ater Is becoming known as a soft non conference scheduler.

Only what I heard,who knows but not good either way

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:55 pm

With that being said, Portsmouth basketball is maybe the only bright spot in a sea of darkness which is Portsmouth. Hope the game continues in B-ball and that it starts back up again in football.
Not sure Ater had anything to do with it. This is one of the repercussions of the Trojans dropping burg in football. It isn’t very difficult for the burg to find a competitive basketball game

Return to “Boys Basketball”