2018 TVC-Hocking Thoughts/Predictions

sum_it_up89
Waterboy

Re: 2018 TVC-Hocking Thoughts/Predictions

Post by sum_it_up89 »

TheGarageClub wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:39 am
tomcat82 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:06 am Miller is going to be the one to beat. The are on fire. Waterford not having an impressing start. Trimble small but they are mighty and HOWIE always has them ready to play ball. Hixson is on fire.....
Miller will shut Hixson down. As in shut down I mean keep him under 20 and miller wins by 20. Someone other than randy will need to come ready to ball.
There is absolutely no one in the league that can shut Hixson down. As I have stated on here before the Cats have plenty of weapons. I watched the southern game and Hixson had plenty of help, I know he had 30 but Weber and Richards were both in double figures. I think Kittle and Hooper both played pretty well also. Lets not forget that the Cats are still very young and will be much better as the season progresses.

Late at night, setting a sign in your yard!
TheGarageClub
Waterboy

Post by TheGarageClub »

sum_it_up89 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:08 pm
tomcat82 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:06 am Miller is going to be the one to beat. The are on fire. Waterford not having an impressing start. Trimble small but they are mighty and HOWIE always has them ready to play ball. Hixson is on fire.....
Miller will shut Hixson down. As in shut down I mean keep him under 20 and miller wins by 20. Someone other than randy will need to come ready to ball.
There is absolutely no one in the league that can shut Hixson down. As I have stated on here before the Cats have plenty of weapons. I watched the southern game and Hixson had plenty of help, I know he had 30 but Weber and Richards were both in double figures. I think Kittle and Hooper both played pretty well also. Lets not forget that the Cats are still very young and will be much better as the season progresses.
I can not wait till January 5th 😝😝😝

Snowman2011
Riding the Bench

Post by Snowman2011 »

sum_it_up89 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:08 pm
I hope they get better by January 5th.

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

Early observation. Top 5

1. Miller should win the title however I don't think they will be undefeated in league play.
2. Trimble will be close by at the end with hustle and Hixson.
3. Southern possibly has the most talent however they refuse to play defense and that will cost them 4 or 5 league games this season.
3. Eastern has some talent however lingering coaching issues will haunt them.
4. Waterford knows how to win but lost a lot of firepower. They still get to play half their league games at home so that will keep them in the hunt.

TheGarageClub
Waterboy

Post by TheGarageClub »

TVC wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:41 pm Early observation. Top 5

1. Miller should win the title however I don't think they will be undefeated in league play.
2. Trimble will be close by at the end with hustle and Hixson.
3. Southern possibly has the most talent however they refuse to play defense and that will cost them 4 or 5 league games this season.
3. Eastern has some talent however lingering coaching issues will haunt them.
4. Waterford knows how to win but lost a lot of firepower. They still get to play half their league games at home so that will keep them in the hunt.
That’s is 100% accurate. Miller has to beat Waterford at Waterford. Tough place to play.
Trimble has Howie basketball. Hustle central.

Chaw
Freshman Team

Post by Chaw »

The Waterford- Miller game was absolutely the worst case of home cooking I've ever witnessed...yes...there were bad calls made both ways...but five times as many favored Miller...I'm not saying that Miller isn't a good team because they are...they took advantage of the turnovers and beat Waterford...but don't be so quick to count Waterford out..they have gotten off to a slow start but.they are still the best team in the league and when everyone gets healthy..( Lang was nursing a swollen knee and Hilverding was sick)..when all the smoke clears Waterford will be on top...and I will gladly eat crow if they are not... however...

Snowman2011
Riding the Bench

Post by Snowman2011 »

Chaw wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:25 pm The Waterford- Miller game was absolutely the worst case of home cooking I've ever witnessed...yes...there were bad calls made both ways...but five times as many favored Miller...I'm not saying that Miller isn't a good team because they are...they took advantage of the turnovers and beat Waterford...but don't be so quick to count Waterford out..they have gotten off to a slow start but.they are still the best team in the league and when everyone gets healthy..( Lang was nursing a swollen knee and Hilverding was sick)..when all the smoke clears Waterford will be on top...and I will gladly eat crow if they are not... however...
Yea I don’t know what you’re talking about wheb saying refs was home cooking. I mean fouls was tight the whole game. Potmeyer was in foul trouble that’s it for Waterford? And also heard starling was sick for miller and compston had a rolled his ankle a day before the game. Waterford is a great team indeed. Miller sill has to come down to your place later in year. Expect a great game.

Ps. Waterford is one of the most hated places to play in the tvc. Trust me on that one.

TomCatPride3454
Waterboy

Post by TomCatPride3454 »

As long as we (Trimble) can get Waterford at least one time I feel like we can take #1

TheGarageClub
Waterboy

Post by TheGarageClub »

TomCatPride3454 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:19 am As long as we (Trimble) can get Waterford at least one time I feel like we can take #1
I’ve wastched both teams. Trimble won’t be able to stop the bigs. But curious to see what Howie has planned. Won’t be a cake walk for Waterford.

TheGarageClub
Waterboy

Post by TheGarageClub »

TomCatPride3454 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:19 am As long as we (Trimble) can get Waterford at least one time I feel like we can take #1
Plus you will have to beat miller also to take the number 1 spot

Snowman2011
Riding the Bench

Post by Snowman2011 »

TheGarageClub wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:01 pm
I think miller will hold Hixson down. Guthrie is helping miller this year? (What I heard at least) if that’s true Guthrie knows the in and outs of every play. I’d say he will know how to shut Hixson down and help Bartley and the falcons take them down. Going to be a good one in the cat dome

ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

Post by ReedsvilleEaglesFan »

You (Trimble) will be third at best. Could be as low as 5th depending on the officiating at Wahama. You are not beating Waterford at their place, nor Southern. Miller will beat you twice. Eastern could beat you at Trimble. So third at best, and maybe lower.

Snowman2011
Riding the Bench

Post by Snowman2011 »

ReedsvilleEaglesFan wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:06 pm
You (Trimble) will be third at best. Could be as low as 5th depending on the officiating at Wahama. You are not beating Waterford at their place, nor Southern. Miller will beat you twice. Eastern could beat you at Trimble. So third at best, and maybe lower.
Sounds like you don’t like Trimble lol. Good stuff eagles fan. But I beleive you’re right

ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

Snowman2011 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:11 pm

Sounds like you don’t like Trimble lol. Good stuff eagles fan. But I beleive you’re right
Nothing against Trimble, just giving my opinion.

ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

ReedsvilleEaglesFan wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:22 pm
Snowman2011 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:11 pm

Nothing against Trimble, just giving my opinion.
Just keep in mind people, the refs can be the great equalizers at some of these places. And I'm not the only person saying that. :lol:

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Southern appears to be much better than first expected.

Sideliner
Riding the Bench

Post by Sideliner »

Snowman2011 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:05 pm
I think miller will hold Hixson down. Guthrie is helping miller this year? (What I heard at least) if that’s true Guthrie knows the in and outs of every play. I’d say he will know how to shut Hixson down and help Bartley and the falcons take them down. Going to be a good one in the cat dome
It has been several years since Guthrie has played with Hixon. I am sure Hixon has learned lot since then. :D

Hornetz_Fan32
Freshman Team

Post by Hornetz_Fan32 »

Agreed sideliner.

seopcommenter
Riding the Bench
Location: i like to back my statemints up with historical factoids

Post by seopcommenter »

give me miller or give me death that's what the grate joseph Gordon levit use two say

sum_it_up89
Waterboy

Post by sum_it_up89 »

Snowman2011 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:05 pm
There is no one going to shut Hixson down! If you are talking about the Guthrie kid that played at Trimble a couple of years ago, he was an average player at best.

Late at night, setting a sign in your yard!

Return to “Boys Basketball”