Riding the Bench

Re: (4) Paint Valley vs. (8) South Webster 3/3

Post by kidsarewhatmatters »

I will take PV due to McCloy dominating the glass

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Between the long layoff and the difficulties teams have shooting at the Convo, I would pack in a zone and make PV prove they can score from the outside. Good luck Jeeps!

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

South Webster 49-40... With Cook back, and all the State Championship rings on that coaching staff, they are ready for a deeeeepp tourney run!!! Hop on in and take a ride with the Jeeps.... GO JEEPS!

.... AND THAT MY FRIENDS IS THE UGLY TRUTH

THE_MOOSE_IS_LOOSE
Riding the Bench

Post by THE_MOOSE_IS_LOOSE »

I hear they are calling this game tonight a district semi final but i call it the largest gathering of rednecks in southeastern ohio since John McCain was running for office. I could care less who wins, hope they both lose somehow

WhiteWhiskers
JV Team

Post by WhiteWhiskers »

THE_MOOSE_IS_LOOSE wrote:I hear they are calling this game tonight a district semi final but i call it the largest gathering of rednecks in southeastern ohio since John McCain was running for office. I could care less who wins, hope they both lose somehow
What we need is OPEN HUNTING season on Moose. Man you have a bad case of optical rectitus.

kram
Varsity

Post by kram »

THE_MOOSE_IS_LOOSE wrote:I hear they are calling this game tonight a district semi final but i call it the largest gathering of rednecks in southeastern ohio since John McCain was running for office. I could care less who wins, hope they both lose somehow
What a jerk

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Paint Valley 37

S. Webster 16

Halftime

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

PV now leads 59-26 late in the 3rd.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

67-31 PV early in the 3rd

Anthony McFadden has 28 pts for PV

Tripleplay
Freshman Team

Post by Tripleplay »

PV came to play and SW is asleep still. SW controlled the 1st 45 seconds then PV just took over. 78-38 with 4:40 to go

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Paint Valley 84
South Webster 47
Final

Anthony McFadden with a career high 31 for PV, Mason McCloy with 22 and 10 Rebs, and Clay Stratton with 19 and 11 Rebs.

PV improves to 10-14 and will play for their first District title since 1962 on Saturday.

kram
Varsity

Post by kram »

If Paint Valley can play like that next year, they will compete for the league.

SW must of played HORRIBLE or they had an easy road to the district, because that was a brutal game for them.

Congrats, and keep rolling PV. Represent the SVC well!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

KrAm wrote:If Paint Valley can play like that next year, they will compete for the league.

SW must of played HORRIBLE or they had an easy road to the district, because that was a brutal game for them.

McFadden has now averaged around 20 for the 2nd half of the year. Throw in Stratton/McCloy's regular nights and the huge freshman next year, PV will make some huge noise in the SVC.

But, this year isn't over yet, if they shoot even close to what they did tonight, I think they will have a great shot on Saturday. Go Bearcats!

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

Looks like another bad night for the soc... Just maybe they should play some better teams out of their league.

Tripleplay
Freshman Team

Post by Tripleplay »

KrAm wrote:If Paint Valley can play like that next year, they will compete for the league.

No easy road for South Webster. They beat Miller, which wasn't much of a game but then they beat #1 seed Southern. This might be the worst game they have played. Nothing seemed to fall for them and everything seemed to go in for PV.

Nothing to hang you heads about SW! You guys put together a solid season and should be proud of making another trip to Districts! The young talent needs to keep working and set high goals for the next few years.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

No excuses...Webster got smoked. Paint Valley really impressed me with their athleticism...they beat Webster down the court all night. I believe I heard Webster went 2-29 from 3 point line? The zone obviously messed them up. Too many turnovers and no other offensive option to help Cook equals a beat down. Good luck to Paint Valley Saturday...they will be a force next year in D4 (and in SVC) with all those kids back.

As for the Jeeps, heck of a season for these kids and coaching staff. I predicted they would go 5-18 before season started with maybe one league win. To win 11 games and get a Sectional Championship after all they lost last year...unbelievable. It's a testament to the coaching staff and the program that has been built. I can see them taking a slight step back next year without Levi Cook, but the freshmen class is strong and will grow up quick. Great season Jeeps!*

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

knightruner wrote:Looks like another bad night for the soc... Just maybe they should play some better teams out of their league.
Who would you suggest that they play? I believe that SW plays as tough a schedule as any DIV team that made it to the convo. This SW team acheived more than most people expected to just make it to the convo with only 1 really good player and no size at all. The new coaching staff and kids this year worked hard and over-acheived in my book. Great season Jeeps!

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

You don't have to go far just down the road to Cinn or up to Dayton. There are a few play off games tonight and someone or maybe two will have scores of 80 to over a 100 points scored. It's like I said earlier on here in another post watching Southeast basketball is like watching a game in slow motion. No one runs up and down the court for any period of time. You play in the Southwest you better have on some fast shoes. Come up here in January to the Flying to the Hoop Tournament and you will see what I am talking about. I am glad to see that South Webster had another good year.. I wish all the teams in Southeast a great season and hopefully a State Championship.

kram
Varsity

Post by kram »

knightruner wrote:You don't have to go far just down the road to Cinn or up to Dayton. There are a few play off games tonight and someone or maybe two will have scores of 80 to over a 100 points scored. It's like I said earlier on here in another post watching Southeast basketball is like watching a game in slow motion. No one runs up and down the court for any period of time. You play in the Southwest you better have on some fast shoes. Come up here in January to the Flying to the Hoop Tournament and you will see what I am talking about. I am glad to see that South Webster have a another good year.. I wish all the teams in Southeast a great season and hopefully a State Championship.
Those are all pretty much nationally ranked teams that play in that. You think a little D4 school in the southeast district is going to be able to compete? The days of Waginger and Aldridge are over in SW. No way they would be able to hang in a tournament like that. I'm not sure what you're talking about when you say "schedule tougher competition". PV finished under .500 and finished on the bottom 3-4 of the SVC. So realistically, what you're saying doesn't make any sense because it didn't play a part in that game if you go off record.

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

We don't have a lot of National Rank here but there is some that will come in to play in the Flying to the Hoop.We have a lot of the local teams play. It's a time they can step out of their Conf play and learn more about fast basketball. The one thing I wish they would do in High School basketball is put in a time clock. It would speed up the game and the score plus the freshman going into college would be better prepared to play at the higher level.

Return to “Boys Basketball”