Freshman Team

CHESAPEAKE vs PEEBLES

Post by PEAKE POWER »

Thoughts on this district final?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: CHESAPEAKE vs PEEBLES

Post by EasternDspy »

I don't think either team is very phyiscal both shooting teams.Peake gets a good matchup because I don't think Daniels will dominate like Gragg.Huntington shot themselves in the foot with turnovers but the dominate big man made it closer then it should have been.Arey(32) for Peebles is a monster the kid sees the floor better then any pg I have seen at the convo since Hatfield from Fairland a few years back.If he don't turn the ball over and penetrates and dishes to 24 and Daniels for easy shots they could give the Panthers problems.Beau Justice isn't yet strong enough to get himself open.I think Mcmasters needs to not rely on the 3 point shot and get some easy baskets.If Kennedy and Thompson are on I like Peake but it should be a fantastic game. Peake 68 Peebles 62

Chesapeake
JV Team

Post by Chesapeake »

Won't have any trouble finding this topic. :lol:

thebull
Varsity

Post by thebull »

Good luck against Peake you have your work cut out for you but as you know anything can happen. Make the SHL and Adams County proud.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

peake will turn it on and win by 15.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Peake by 20!

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

They could not even beat Huntington by 20 and they can not even dribble or pass.

thebull
Varsity

Post by thebull »

This game is going to be under 10.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... a point I want to bring up about Huntington is Coach Rinehart has a quality ball club! not sure that "(peake) could not even beat Huntington by 20 ..." shows a lot of knowledge of the quality of team HHS is ... HHS has THE BIG MAN in the paint - Gragg ... he is the real deal ... he scored 23 vs the peake which IS par for the course for Gragg ALL season vs EVERYONE they've played ... he's a player, is wide enough to get anywhere on the floor he wants ...Chesapeake has length but not that wide body in the paint to keep an offensive minded wide body out ... BUT Chesapeake has defenders who CAN get in the passing lanes, CAN get their hands on entry passes (forced HHS into 25 TOs) ... CHS has 5 starters who ALL can put up double figures ... last but NOT LEAST - the post season is ALL about "Survive and Advance" ... being ahead on the scoreboard by 1 point is ALL it takes to regroup/move on to the next round ... you get NO STYLE POINTS in the post season ...

... Peebles/Arey is a very good team ... Arey has developed into a PG who has the strength NOW to get where he wants on the court ... Chesapeake HAS faced quality PGs - Zac Carter for Ironton is THE PG in Southern Ohio this season - and handled them defensively /winning by less than 20 points tho ;-) ... Ironton has the premier inside/outside duo in Southern/Southeast Ohio as well (Carter and Trey Fletcher) - peake beat Ironton AT Ironton ...

... the BIGGEST opponent for Chesapeake will be the referee crew imo ... IF Chesapeake has to go to the bench often and early due to foul trouble ... life will get very difficult fast for CHS ... IF the 'Peake can stay on the floor - the Panthers are difficult to keep in check for 4 quarters ... I like Chesapeake's chances ... BUT let's go with EasternDspy's analysis - "(peake) could not beat Huntington by 20 points ..." make Chesapeake the UNDERDOG in this one :!: :!: :!: :!: ... hmmmm Chesapeake now gets to play with NO PRESSURE being the favorite ! Coach Davis taking on Peebles where he coached previously ... with NO PRESSURE to win <= he can turn the boyz loose now !!! ... in all seriousness - when you get to the district finals you EXPECT a great game !!! Peebles vs Chesapeake ? should be a great game !!! Best of luck to both teams ... Winning = Being ahead by 1 point when the buzzer sounds designating the end of the game (be it the end of 4 quarters or any number of OTs) ...

PantherPride
Varsity

Post by PantherPride »

EasternDspy wrote:They could not even beat Huntington by 20 and they can not even dribble or pass.

Hahaha....it's hard to dribble when the referee allows the opposing team to run through the dribbler to knock the ball away. Maybe when the Peake learns to pass and dribble they'll become a good team...hahaha!!! Brilliant analysis EasternD

ThePeakeInsider
JV Team

Post by ThePeakeInsider »

pfloyd,good game revue of the panther win,win and advance.It was great to see you and your lovely wife at the convo last night,hope you are doing well,look forward to seeing you sat.GO PANTHERS.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Cant wait till next weekend.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Peebles is better the Huntington.Peake is obviously the favorite I just did not think posters were giving Peebles anough credit.I have no dog in this fight.Huntingtons guards were very weak and not natural dribblers.I'm sure Peake will win do not try to turn my words around.See my 1st post above about the game.

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

I'm an shl fan but ill take peake by 8

Chesapeake
JV Team

Post by Chesapeake »

Chesapeake 65 Peebles 64

On a last second Hintz jump shot.

LucasJackson
Varsity

Post by LucasJackson »

Chesapeake wins by 14

ohiostbucks99
Freshman Team

Post by ohiostbucks99 »

peake played poorly last game and will rebound to win by 20

tobiasunderwood
Waterboy

Post by tobiasunderwood »

Forsee a superior fight. Both teams are quite knowledgeable and capable of winning this gala. On a different note, if one is in need of a first-rate cackle then visit maxpreps.com to see the data for the Peebles Indians.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

tobiasunderwood wrote:Forsee a superior fight. Both teams are quite knowledgeable and capable of winning this gala. On a different note, if one is in need of a first-rate cackle then visit maxpreps.com to see the data for the Peebles Indians.
Please enlighten us.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I was unsuccessful in my ventures to locate a profound level of tomfoolery.

Return to “Boys Basketball”