Waterboy

Player of the Year - TVC Ohio

Post by lil vike supporter »

Thoughts?

@nd_1
Freshman Team

Re: Player of the Year - TVC Ohio

Post by @nd_1 »

Probably Greg Frost from Alexander. Vinton County will most likely win, but they are more team-oriented. Greg Frost is averaging I believe over 20 pts a game.

eaglefan1
Varsity

Post by eaglefan1 »

If it goes to a team that wins the TVC-Ohio then it will be someone from VC, Grillo, Guthrie or Allen...but i agree it should go to Frost from Alex.

Viking Pride
Waterboy

Post by Viking Pride »

Frost from Alex. VC is a good team, but no individual talent like Frost.

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

I have to agree that Frost should be "Da Man".
I may be a VC fan, but you cant deny the talent this young man has.
I wish him well.

vc_fan
Riding the Bench

Post by vc_fan »

Frost,Prater,Tate,Allen,Grillo Those are my picks.The TVC had three one year why not have five this year.

Shep07
Waterboy

Post by Shep07 »

Jake Prater from VC!

Birdman
Riding the Bench

Post by Birdman »

shep I have to agree with you Prater should get it. Look what happened to VC when he was not in. He has been a big part of winning the TVC for 3 straight years. And they are running away with it this year. Sure Frost has been good at times this year but he hasn't came through for them when he is needed most like the end of the VC game and at Meigs a team they beat by 30 a couple weeks ago. Jake probably has more wins as a player than any 2 players put together. Just because Frost avg. more points doesn't mean he gets if so Guthrie would have never got it when Thornhill was at Belpre. I feel it goes to the best player on the team that won the league.

Sue E. Side
Freshman Team

Post by Sue E. Side »

Prater is a great player but I think the Frost kid should get it. I have seen both play a a few times each this year and Frost should be the MVP. VC would still hold their own in the TVC without Prater and I can't say the same for Alex, he is a key part of that team, I know Prater is too but Frost is the better player.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

POY - Boys Basketball - Greg Frost, Alexander
POY - Girls Basketball - Kim Kline, Nelsonville-York

primetime_08
Waterboy

Post by primetime_08 »

its easy to pick a guard over a big man..guards get to have more control over wether or not their going to score..jake is a big man..he doesnt get the oppritunity to bring the ball down the court and take a lay up or cherry pick...truth is its harder to play the post then be a guard in highschool..and i as a guard when i played...jake's a better leader..let the records show..jake lads by exampe and i guarentee jake has a better jump shot than frost..my vote goes to best player on the best team...this year my vote goes to Prater

rivercat
Freshman Team

Post by rivercat »

I think Greg Frost will probably win and will deserve the POY award. As far as VC goes, it's hard to pick an individual on that team as POY as team oriented and balanced as they are.
Last edited by rivercat on Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vikefan
Freshman Team

Post by vikefan »

...and that is probably the best compliment the Vikings could ever receive !

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Funny on the girls side about half the posters are saying the POY belongs to the first place team. I find the discussion here much more sane.

Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

I think on the boys side it's much more clear who the best "individual" is. The girls side has a couple of different ways it can go.

Steel Reserve
Riding the Bench

Post by Steel Reserve »

baseballstud24 wrote:I think on the boys side it's much more clear who the best "individual" is. The girls side has a couple of different ways it can go.

No, Alexander fans just want their cake and eat it, too. It is clear who the best individual is on both sides. Greg Frost (Alexander), for the boys and Kim Kline (Nelsonville), for the girls. Those two should be POY this year. Alexander fans like to use the best player on the best team argument for the girls, but want to just look at the best individual for the boys. Very hypocritical.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

If you gave me the first pick in the TVC Ohio draft, I would take Greg Frost... He is the best I have seen this year.

FLASH-G
Riding the Bench

Post by FLASH-G »

G W McLintock wrote:If you gave me the first pick in the TVC Ohio draft, I would take Greg Frost... He is the best I have seen this year.

Coach Combs of Vinton County is the coach of the year and Jake Prater is the Player of the year. If I had the first pick in the T.V.C. Ohio I would take Jake Prater and win another T.V.C. title and you my friend can take Greg Frost who is a very nice player and finish with a runner up trophy.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

You are entitled to your opinion... Obviously you are partial to Coach Combs and the Vikings. I however am not partial to Alex, Vinton County or any TVC Ohio Team...

Birdman
Riding the Bench

Post by Birdman »

Here is my point about the Alex team. People say you take Frost off the team and they aren't any good, but all you hear is how deep they are and how talented all their players are on the bench and they would start for a lot of other teams. They still didn't win the league and their record is the same with or without Frost so what did he do so spectacular for his team or in the league? Prater has played well and consistant all year and what separates him from the others? He made the foul shots, got the big rebounds, and lead his team to another league title. = TVC POY just in my opinion. I thought these two teams were way apart from the league but Meigs proved me wrong

Return to “Boys Basketball”