Vinton Co. vs. Piketon 2/14 @ OU-Chilli Shoemaker Center

Flashing Cursor
Freshman Team

Vinton Co. vs. Piketon 2/14 @ OU-Chilli Shoemaker Center

Post by Flashing Cursor »

Should be a good game between two good teams. Neutral Floor + big venue= Great night for round ball

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Re: Vinton Co. vs. Piketon 2/14 @ OU-Chilli Shoemaker Center

Post by Out of Bounds »

Piketon by 12. Should be a good test. I think Piketon is one of the better DIII teams in SE Ohio. If VC wants some respect, they need to handle Piketon like they did Alexander.

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

Out of Bounds wrote: If VC wants some respect, they need to handle Piketon like they did Alexander.

Are you serious? What does a team need to do in order to get respect in your eyes? All VC has done is win 33 straight TVC Ohio games and put up what is probably the best record of any team in SE Ohio over the past 3 years (only losing 3 regular season games and twice to Chilly @ the Convo). 5 losses in 3 years, to me , should earn some respect, reguarless if they win or lose to Piketon. That being said, I know very little about Piketon could someone post their record or shed some light on who they have playeed this year. I look for this to be another good one!

GO VIKES!!!

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

Vikings get the rap of playing all DIII schools in a DIII league. I have to give some merit to that. If the Vikes played in the SEOAL, they're record would be much different than 3 losses in 3 years. I know you beat Jackson, and I believe you have Gallia coming up. But what is your record over these past same 3 years against DII schools? Just got beat by a mediocre DII Waverly. I'm not trying to bash VC at all. Combs runs a nice program. But until you beat some quality DII's I think you will always have some critics.

vikefan
Freshman Team

Post by vikefan »

And when/if we beat some "quality DII's", we will then be told to have respect, we need to beat a field of D1's on a regular basis. Give it up Viking fans, respect will not be given by some nor should we ever expect to see it.

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

Boo Hoo! Respect is earned not given. Still waiting to see the record against the same size schools and division. They're are a lot of schools around that have my respect. They have earned it. Even if you split the TVC into big school and little school, you are still a County school division II and have more kids to pull from.

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

Piketon is man to man better at every position than VC. Even a deeper bench. This game will be over at the half. You will find out how good your strength of schedule is
Saturday night.

JJ Hale
JV Team

Post by JJ Hale »

Auh ooooooooooooooooooooooo! You have just released the wrath of the Vinton County posters! :roll:

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

Soccerfix, i wouldn't say that. Piketon plays to the level of they're competition and VC is a quality team. I said Piketon by 12 and I think that will come down to the end and free throws might stretch it out a little. Piketon will not blow VC out!

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

I think VC better think about playing Belpre before they think about Piketon.

Jake Roberts
Freshman Team

Post by Jake Roberts »

Out of Bounds wrote:Soccerfix, i wouldn't say that. Piketon plays to the level of they're competition and VC is a quality team.

Piketon plays to the level of they are competition? Dude, did you even manage to graduate from high school? Also, the TVC Ohio is not a D3 league, it is a D2/D3 league. VC isn't the only D2 team in the league.

vikefan
Freshman Team

Post by vikefan »

Should we even waste our time to show up...sounds like we are so out-classed and out of our league by even daring to play a team like this.....I don't know....maybe we should just stay home and huddle in the dark, praying that the Piketon folks don't come to VC to kick our a@### !

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

I will take the Streaks by 7.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Vinton County has earned respect over the past few years. Some of these remarks are comical.

Out of Bounds,
You said "Just got beat by a mediocre DII Waverly."
It was all Piketon could do to pull out a win against the Tigers.

bball
Waterboy

Post by bball »

What time will this game start on Saturday?

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

VC is a respectable team, their record shows that. Do I think Piketon is the better team... yes... but you cant look pass anyone, even VC...thier a good team.I take piketon by 10...free throws will win it...

ball hound
Freshman Team

Post by ball hound »

Out of Bounds wrote:Vikings get the rap of playing all DIII schools in a DIII league. I have to give some merit to that. If the Vikes played in the SEOAL, they're record would be much different than 3 losses in 3 years. I know you beat Jackson, and I believe you have Gallia coming up. But what is your record over these past same 3 years against DII schools? Just got beat by a mediocre DII Waverly. I'm not trying to bash VC at all. Combs runs a nice program. But until you beat some quality DII's I think you will always have some critics.

If my math is right. In the past 3 years VC is 26-3 vs D-II/D-I schools. with 2 losses comming from Chilli, and 1 from Waverly this year.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

I'd like to watch the game, but unfortunately I have a previous commitment. Should be a really good game. I don't know anything about VC, but their record speaks for itself. Regardless of the competition, you still have to go out and beat them, and the Vikings have done so with regularity the last few seasons. Piketon has to play good team basketball in order to bring home the 'W'.

On a side note, people, don't get your britches in a wad because of someone else's opinion. Like my late Dad used to say, 'Opinions are like buttholes'....You know the rest.

Go Streaks!

CoyDuke
Freshman Team

Post by CoyDuke »

Everyone should just quit arguing with Out of Bounds. From reading his past posts, he obviously dislikes Vinton County and shows them very little respect. Vinton's accomplishments over an expanded period of time speaks much louder than one jealous poster.

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

ball hound wrote:
Out of Bounds wrote:Vikings get the rap of playing all DIII schools in a DIII league. I have to give some merit to that. If the Vikes played in the SEOAL, they're record would be much different than 3 losses in 3 years. I know you beat Jackson, and I believe you have Gallia coming up. But what is your record over these past same 3 years against DII schools? Just got beat by a mediocre DII Waverly. I'm not trying to bash VC at all. Combs runs a nice program. But until you beat some quality DII's I think you will always have some critics.

If my math is right. In the past 3 years VC is 26-3 vs D-II/D-I schools. with 2 losses comming from Chilli, and 1 from Waverly this year.

Huntington is the other team that beat VC at home last year with the Kellough twins.

Return to “Boys Basketball”