General Chat
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

ATHENS COUNTY PLACES 6TH IN POT CATEGORY

Post by Orange and Brown »

ATHENS COUNTY PLACES 6TH IN POT CATEGORY
WRITTEN BY ATHENS NEWS STAFF
MONDAY, 31 AUGUST 2009 09:45

While Ohio University consistently places high in perennial party-school rankings, Athens County and its adjoining counties also place high in a particular “party” category.

The Columbus Dispatch reported Saturday that Athens County is sixth in the state of Ohio in the number of marijuana plants seized since 2001.

The statistics came from the Ohio Department of Criminal Identification and Investigation, which heads up marijuana eradication efforts in the state.

While the BCI listed Athens County with 12,324 plants seized since 2001, other area counties placed even higher. Meigs County, which adjoins Athens County to the south, placed first in the state with 43,229 plants seized. Gallia County, to the southwest of Meigs, was a distant second with 14,034 plants seized.

The Dispatch article focused on recent marijuana eradication efforts in Meigs County, though it also looked at BCII’s statewide marijuana eradication program, which is funded by $360,000 to $480,000 in federal funds annually.

Last year alone, according to the Dispatch, the BCI’s campaign, usually aided by local law enforcement, seized more than 40,000 plants, with 70 percent coming from counties in southeast Ohio.

Indeed, according to the BCI’s list of the top 10 counties for marijuana plant seizures since 2001, all but two are located in southeast and south-central Ohio. The other two are Ashtabula County, in far northeast Ohio, and Pickaway County, just south of Columbus.

The “top 10” counties, in order of appearance beginning with number one, are Meigs, Gallia, Scioto, Vinton, Perry, Athens, Pickaway, Jackson, Ashtabula and Pike.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: ATHENS COUNTY PLACES 6TH IN POT CATEGORY

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I remember making many a trip up that way in my youth to get some of that famous Meigs County Green. That stuff was highly potent.

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

That might explain why you are posting at 5:30 am!

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

EagleFan2010
Freshman Team

Post by EagleFan2010 »

my2cents wrote:That might explain why you are posting at 5:30 am!

:lol: :lol:
Golden! Although I thought Meigs would be ahead in the lovely category

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

Most of the guys who grow Pot in Scioto County will plant a bunch down in the bottoms in plain view of the Helicopters. That way the cops can find it, dig it up and claim a big score and leave the good stuff alone, that they have hidden. :lol:

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

Hell, if pot is the only thing floating in your area....count your blessings! The "Hillbilly Heroine" Oxycotton, is like a plague in Pike County.

EagleFan2010
Freshman Team

Post by EagleFan2010 »

Never heard it called Hillbilly Heroine before..I must be out of date

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Hoggy, LOL! Meth is also huge in this area!

Pot growers, are just like the moonshiners of old, trying to stay one step ahead of the law. I say good luck to them, they are just trying to supply the demand. I wish our govt would better use this money to stop the illegal aliens bringing in thier drugs. First, just another job outsourced and second those illegals arent the best folks around! lol

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

back in the late 80's i was in school at pitt. a bunch of us where talking at a party about famous pot names. another guy from seo and me started talking about meig co. some other guys over heard us talking about.... it was funny they talked about it like it was the $#it! we told them we lived about 30-40 min from meig co. they told us they'd buy everything we could bring them... too funny!!

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

At least POT is not explosive like METH and doesn't endanger whole neighborhoods with conflagration. It seems to me that POT would be much better regulated like tobacco and alcohol are now [semi-legal and taxed heavily] and free up law enforcement to concentrate on METH labs that can literally blow up, and other HARD, killing drugs like coke, crack, and heroin.

Ump
Freshman Team

Post by Ump »

Better stay away from Copperhead Road...................................

Yossarian
Freshman Team

Post by Yossarian »

1987chieftains wrote:back in the late 80's i was in school at pitt. a bunch of us where talking at a party about famous pot names. another guy from seo and me started talking about meig co. some other guys over heard us talking about.... it was funny they talked about it like it was the $#it! we told them we lived about 30-40 min from meig co. they told us they'd buy everything we could bring them... too funny!!
Actually the full credit for Meigs County pot goes to Ohio University since it was students from that notorious party school that brought that plague to Meigs County originally. Giving credit where credit is due.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Meigs County is #1 in the state. That'll work (State Champs) :lol:

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I remember a buddy of mine teling me when he was in Amsterdam back in the mid 80's him and his friends went into one of Pot Bars and they looking over the list of types you could buy and he said they had Meigs County Sensimilia listed as one the "top notch" types. So, they weren't only famous in our area, they were world famous as well. :mrgreen:

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

now thats funny right there!!!

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Im hungry just reading

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi

Return to “The Off season”