Freshman Team

Beekeeping

Post by ndc soccer »

Is anyone beekeepers in the SEO area?

ManitouDan2
SE

Re: Beekeeping

Post by ManitouDan2 »

My wife is a first year keeper , neat little critters .

ndc soccer
Freshman Team

Post by ndc soccer »

I’m in my second year. Finally got some honey and was able to sell it. Very interesting little guys (girls) ha

Rusty Shackleford
Freshman Team

Post by Rusty Shackleford »

I’ve talked about starting the last 2/3 years but never do. Some people I know have bees so I’m going go see how they do it this year and hopefully next year start. That is if the murder hornets don’t kill all the bees first

I know what's wrong with it. It's a Ford. You know what they say Ford stands for, don't ya? It stands for 'Fix it again, Tony'.
Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Im thinking about also starting in the bee business. Is getting a queen bee hard to get and start a bee colony.

Rusty Shackleford
Freshman Team

Prime Time wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 3:28 pm Im thinking about also starting in the bee business. Is getting a queen bee hard to get and start a bee colony.
You can order package bees in the spring (2 or 3 lbs of bees and a queen) from what I’ve seen it doesn’t look that hard. Price has been what’s kept me from starting usually. But once you have a hive you can keep splitting or catch swarms. I know there is a beekeeping place out by Marietta (Bee Barn maybe?) that I was thinking of ordering from

I know what's wrong with it. It's a Ford. You know what they say Ford stands for, don't ya? It stands for 'Fix it again, Tony'.
Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Thanks Rusty, I’ll look into that place in Marietta.

Rusty Shackleford
Freshman Team

Prime Time wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:11 am Thanks Rusty, I’ll look into that place in Marietta.
Also there is a group on Facebook called Athens County Area Beekeepers Association. If Marietta is a dead end it might be some help

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”