11.30.12 Fishin' Report

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

11.30.12 Fishin' Report

Post by kantuckyII »

Was out to the lake that day (late report) and fished for a few hours in the afternoon. I missed one, lost one and caught one about 2 1/4 lbs on a crank bait reeled so slow it went to sleep a few times out there I think lol Checked the surface temp right after I released the one I caught and it was 44.9 degrees there. That fish was so cold that I thought it was about a 12" crappie till I saw it. Fought about like one and seeing how it was a Ky Bass, that was even more telling of how cold that water was

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Re: 11.30.12 Fishin' Report

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

21 boats at the wheelersburg ramp the sauger are running heavy. They say everyones catching them from the bank or a boat. So head for the greenup locks and have some fun.

WildWestSider
Waterboy

Post by WildWestSider »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:21 boats at the wheelersburg ramp the sauger are running heavy. They say everyones catching them from the bank or a boat. So head for the greenup locks and have some fun.
What are they bitin on?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

WildWestSider wrote:
OZZIEOHIO wrote:21 boats at the wheelersburg ramp the sauger are running heavy. They say everyones catching them from the bank or a boat. So head for the greenup locks and have some fun.
What are they bitin on?
The bait of choice right now is twister tail grubs on a 1/8 oz to 1/4 oz jig head. White and charteuse are always good colors at the dam.

WildWestSider
Waterboy

Post by WildWestSider »

Bleeding Red wrote:
WildWestSider wrote:
What are they bitin on?
The bait of choice right now is twister tail grubs on a 1/8 oz to 1/4 oz jig head. White and charteuse are always good colors at the dam.
Thanks ! Might just have to make a trip up the river to the dam

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I spent all day Monday cleaning my boat out, washing and waxing it from stem to stern, scrubbed the carpet, cleaned the vinyl, put vinyl protectant on it and got it already to take to storage after taking it to winterize. This is my latest fishing report LOL

Next up, annual Bass Pro Shops trip this March

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

fished the early bird tourney yesterday with my 22 year old nephew at rocky fork lake. first time i have fished up there n 20 years. i was suprised the lake was already at full pool and seemed muddy. in the shallower end on the west side of the lake they are doing a bunch of dredging so that might be the reason for the mud. did ok finished 17th out of 60 boats. 13 lbs won the tourney we had almost 6 in just 2 fish. if i could get the nephew to catch something we might have done a little better lol. the water was about 42 degrees .

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

kantuckyII wrote:Was out to the lake that day (late report) and fished for a few hours in the afternoon. I missed one, lost one and caught one about 2 1/4 lbs on a crank bait reeled so slow it went to sleep a few times out there I think lol Checked the surface temp right after I released the one I caught and it was 44.9 degrees there. That fish was so cold that I thought it was about a 12" crappie till I saw it. Fought about like one and seeing how it was a Ky Bass, that was even more telling of how cold that water was
victor creed wrote:fished the early bird tourney yesterday with my 22 year old nephew at rocky fork lake. first time i have fished up there n 20 years. i was suprised the lake was already at full pool and seemed muddy. in the shallower end on the west side of the lake they are doing a bunch of dredging so that might be the reason for the mud. did ok finished 17th out of 60 boats. 13 lbs won the tourney we had almost 6 in just 2 fish. if i could get the nephew to catch something we might have done a little better lol. the water was about 42 degrees .
There was also a catfish tournament the same day at rocky fork but dont know the outcome have not talk to anyone yet.

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

i dont know what weight won the catish tourney but there were some good fish weighed in. i am sure there were several catfish over 15lbs. the only time i have ever fished or catish is in the summer time. i was shocked.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

victor creed wrote:i dont know what weight won the catish tourney but there were some good fish weighed in. i am sure there were several catfish over 15lbs. the only time i have ever fished or catish is in the summer time. i was shocked.
The big fish was 13 lbs which is pretty good for a channel cat, on the river is usally takes 30 to 40 lbs for big fish, as for catfishing this time of year I like it just as much as in the summer.

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

Caught some Crappie and Large mouth yesterday all smalluns though.
Not serious fishin as there were 5 in the boat,,,just a family affair and a great time was had by all :-D :-D

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

talked to my nephew who was back on rocky fork lake yest. sd the water temp there is 47 degrees caught just 1 fish. the weather is just stinking the forcast for this coming week has been in the 70s for the last 2 weeks with the nights being in the 50s and looked again this morning and its changed to now being in the 50s and low 60s all week but nights are dropping back into the low 30s and some 20s. this has been the coldest march i can remember.

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

Caught some Nice Crappie at Rush Creek the other day, Caught a Sauger and White Bass at Whites Mill also

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Me and my oldest son caught a bunch of spots today, we caught at least 20 and only few of them were small the rest were good quality fish.

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

doesnt anyone on this forum go fishing anymore. the bass have really been biting on yatesville . there was a club tourney there last sunday but havent b. een able find out how much weight won it. i was there last monday the 8th caught 6 bass all keepers. one of my better days but the water temp back then was still around 52 degrees i am sure its came up about 10 degrees since then.

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”