Fishing

The Enforcer
SEO

Fishing

Post by The Enforcer »

Anyone been out Fishing?? Im trying to liven this Forum up. Ive been Wading the Hocking River alot the last few Weeks, Been catching great numbers of Smallies and Sauger and good numbers in Drum, with the occasional Crappie, Catfish, Gar, thrown in there.
Anyone Else having any Luck???

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Re: Fishing

Post by BigBlueNation »

That sounds like alot of fun I always have enjoy wade fishing I have been catching a bunch of catfish here lately out of the Ohio river mostly blues, most of the ones I have been catching are between 10 to 25lbs nothing big a friend of mine caught a blue the other day that was around 70lbs out of the river they didnt have a scale that went that high the fish was released to fight again as are all the catfish we catch.

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

That is one Fish Ive never caught , But would love too.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

whats that blue cats? i got the spot you will catch a 2 to 5 a night 20$ a year member ship in jackson

buckeyes41
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyes41 »

what kind of bait do you use to catch these blue cats? I'm always catching small channel cats in the river.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

buckeyes41 wrote:what kind of bait do you use to catch these blue cats? I'm always catching small channel cats in the river.
Cut bait- skipjacks and shad but mostly skipjacks.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

enforcer, if you ever wanna come over to lake white. give me a shout.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

The bass were biting good yesterday.

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

YTB, Thanks for the offer, I'd like to come down in the spring when the Crappie bite is on

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Hit the ohio yesterday caught some small blues around 8 to 10lbs and caught one big fish it was a 45lb blue caught it on one of my smaller poles that was set up to catch the smaller ones I had my hands full with that fish it is amazing how strong those river fish can be.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

The Enforcer wrote:YTB, Thanks for the offer, I'd like to come down in the spring when the Crappie bite is on
----------------anytime brother.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

A buddy of mine talked me into going bass fishing yesterday at grayson lake that place is beutifull that has to be the prettiest lake I have ever seen we caught about 25 bass and some crappie but they were all small.

Old*rocket
JV Team

Post by Old*rocket »

The Enforcer wrote:Anyone been out Fishing?? Im trying to liven this Forum up. Ive been Wading the Hocking River alot the last few Weeks, Been catching great numbers of Smallies and Sauger and good numbers in Drum, with the occasional Crappie, Catfish, Gar, thrown in there.
Anyone Else having any Luck???
I've been drop line fishing hocking the past few weekend.catching some nice channels between 4 to 10 pounds.earlier in year more flatheads then channels,have'nt caught flathead sence early june.do most of my fishing off cr 24,put johnboat in at the bridge.we set around 35 lines down stream just before dark then wait 2 hours then go back check them.we do this process til morning.we also fish from the bank til its time to check the drop lines.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

did you ever jug fish. you take an ole clorox jug, fill halfway with water, tie your line to the handle and wait for the jug to take off. we used to slay the catfish n snappin turtles this way as a youngun.

Old*rocket
JV Team

Post by Old*rocket »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:did you ever jug fish. you take an ole clorox jug, fill halfway with water, tie your line to the handle and wait for the jug to take off. we used to slay the catfish n snappin turtles this way as a youngun.
yes,we do jug fishing at lake rupert and lake hope.never tried it in hocking water always moving be alittle tough to keep up with ur jug.

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

Jug fishin is for real-life pansies...

Try some noodlin somtime ---- come-on be a man about it.

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

Just dont Noodle for Catfish in Ohio , its ILLEGAL

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

I don't eat them bottom feeders anymore tooo risky......
as for noodlin... I was just lookin for the watch that slipped off, and this darned catfish started biting me :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

BIGHITSINC wrote:Jug fishin is for real-life pansies...

Try some noodlin somtime ---- come-on be a man about it.
----------------------i have noodled for snappin turtle, never fish. jug fishin is for catchin volumn with minimal effort.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

:aaaaa26

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”