ROCKY TOP RACEWAY

butcherman108
SEO

ROCKY TOP RACEWAY

Post by butcherman108 »

They are not running.Does anyone know why?

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Re: ROCKY TOP RACEWAY

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Might be from so much rain, I know portsmouth raceway is under water.

butcherman108
SEO

Post by butcherman108 »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:Might be from so much rain, I know portsmouth raceway is under water.
OZZIE the web site says that T.J. and the Harmons are no long affiliated with Rock Top and it is close for time being.

JHS4EVER
JV Team

Post by JHS4EVER »

Is KC running this year? I have heard that they did not pay for the points winners from last year. I wish someone would buy it and run it like it should be ran, like years ago.

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

Rumor is that the old southern raceway is going to be re-opened!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

on a mission wrote:Rumor is that the old southern raceway is going to be re-opened!

Its not rumor, its the truth. I spoke to the landowner.

If you have seen that place recently, you can barely tell there was a track there. I dont think that Don Harmon has yet realized how much $ it is going to cost before the track can be opened. Not only does the track need work, but there are little guardrails around it, it must have screening so many feet high around the track as a debris trap anywhere there could be spectators, the bleachers have rotten in half, the pressbox is falling in....etc....etc...

I wish them the best.
Last edited by Bleeding Red on Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

They ran there a few years ago so it cant be to bad. I grew up watching my uncles and there friends race there. I think it was one of the best back then.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:They ran there a few years ago so it cant be to bad. I grew up watching my uncles and there friends race there. I think it was one of the best back then.
Drive by it.
Last edited by Bleeding Red on Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HDRider70
Riding the Bench

Post by HDRider70 »

Last time I was by there, the cows were in the pasture.
The infield concession stand and bathrooms had been torn down.
No guardrails...etc...lots of work.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I remember going there many years ago and seeing Delmas Conley get ran off the track in 1-2 down over the hill and about 20 seconds later he came flying back up over the hill and proceeded to run the car (Boggs?) into the wall as payback for running him off the track. Always was good racing there.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

4th n Goal wrote:I remember going there many years ago and seeing Delmas Conley get ran off the track in 1-2 down over the hill and about 20 seconds later he came flying back up over the hill and proceeded to run the car (Boggs?) into the wall as payback for running him off the track. Always was good racing there.

ahhh,I was at That race,,,he was air born when he came back over the hill onto the track.....when I was a kid,,I seen delmas get hit so had on the front stretch he ended up on his top on top of the railing under the flag stand....LOL

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”