Stick Jacket - Rod Covers - Anyone Else Have Them?

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Stick Jacket - Rod Covers - Anyone Else Have Them?

Post by kantuckyII »

ImageImage

First, neither of these are my photos nor my equipment. Just wanting to show what they are to anyone that hasn't seen them before. I just ordered 8 of them from Mike's Pro Bass Gear where they're on sale for 6 for the casting, 8 for the spinning. Shipping for an order of 50 bucks is free! Might be a week or two for the free shipping now but hey, it's winter and I can wait.

I got yellow for my worm rods as I figured it would be the easiest to see after dark and that is by far the rods I use most after dark. I've seen them in person, they're plastic and hooks don't stick in them like fabric. They're kinda like the old Chinese finger trap thingy. Anyway, I figure if it keeps me from breaking one single rod, they will have paid for themselves, not too mention the time it will save digging my rods out of the rod locker

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Re: Stick Jacket - Rod Covers - Anyone Else Have Them?

Post by kantuckyII »

Oh and you can hang them from the ceiling and the cover will grip and hold the rod in place

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I don't think these items would be wise for BOO or Tiger Bait as they are likely to get their arm stuck up in one or something and not be able to get out

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

GOOD GOLLY! I just ordered these less than an hour ago or so and I just got an e-mail from them telling me they have already been shipped with a tracking number! that's pretty impressive!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I HAD A SINGLE ONE A FRIEND GAVE ME IT WORKED GREAT, BUT BLEW OUT OF THE BOAT. WE NEVER DID FIND IT. I USE ALUMINUM FOIL. BUT THAT JUST KEEPS THE HOOKS ON A PLUG FROM TANGLING. NOTHING TO PROTECT THE ROD. BUT YOU WRAP FOIL ROUND A PLUG, IT KEEPS THE RODS FROM TANGLING, AND YOU CAN KEEP REUSING IT. BEEN DOING THIS ALOT LONGER THAN THESE FANCY DOO DADS. :aaaaa32 1 ROLL, BOUT A BUCK.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

ANY QUESTIONS TUCKSTER.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

How could wrapping foil around the plug help them from tangling? It's up towards the tip, when they're in the rod lockers that they tangle

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

when you are carrying 3/4 rods. have the plugs in different eyelets on each pole, wrap foil around the entire plug , and pole , where the plug is. works for me and uncle homer circle. then when you change rods. wrap the foil back around the plug, on one of your rod guides.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Wrap foil all the way down a 7' 6" rod? when the 'hook keeper' is at the handle? that's insane guy :122246

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Went over to Post Office today and picked them up. Put a few on my rods and I think I'm going to dearly love them.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

kantucky you ninny. you just wrap the foil around the plug. then your hooks won't get tangled. then stick the foil back around the plug if you change rods. i'm sure yours is better, but mine works too. :aaaaa26 :aaaaa26 :aaaaa26 :aaaaa26

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I don't have any problems with the plugs getting tangled...the rods get tangled themselves when they're laying in my rod locker. You go to pull one out and have to pull 2 or 3 out and they are intertwined and the tips can get stuck and this could lead to them being broken.

I would venture to guess that if they are taken care of and they don't blow out of the boat (what seems to happen to everything in my boat sooner or later anyway) they'll last for many many years. Probably outlast me even which may not be that big of a statement

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i have a friend who has 5/6 of them , he loves them. i just use foil to cover the plugs, or hooks if live baitfishing.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Well, of course, the stick jacket won't cover the hooks. They start about 1' from the reel and go to the tip

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

yer always complicatin things tuckster. :-D

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Why do I need anything to cover the hooks? What the problem is, is the rod tips tangling deep inside the rod lockers.

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”