SEOPS Hippo

Re: It Must Be True

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

ttt

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

A British man claiming to be 101 years old finished London's Marathon in a respectable 12 hours, stopping halfway to smoke a cigarette and drink a pint of beer. Buster Martin, who may actually be 94 was trying to set a world's record for oldest marathoner. He said that whatever his real age, his unusual choice of mid-race sustenance proved a point."They say {cigarettes} and booze are bad for you, but I'm still here, aren't I?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

An Oregon pet-store owner who was attacked by a 12 foot Burmese python asked a policeman to rescue her without harming the snake. Teresa Rossiter had been showing the python to a customer when it suddenly attacked, sinking its fangs into her hand and coilling its body around her arm. When police Sgt. Ryan Nelson arrived, he drew his knife to kill the python, but Rossiter asked him not to. So he pried the snake jaw open with his Hands. "he was the bravest guy ever," said Rossiter. "He went way above and beyond tha call of duty."

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

A Chinese man who ran out of money after surgeons began reconstructing his chest in 1998 has been using old cigarette packets to cover the gaping hole in his chest. Rao Jiacang, 51, says he changes the cigarette packets several times a day. Nevertheless, the 7-by-3-inch hole in his chest--which affords an excellant view of his beating heart--has become a burden to him, and Rao is now appealing for a donor to fund reconstructive surgery. Since his surgery 10 years ago, says Rao, "I haven't dared to go outside, in case poeople get frightened.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Oprah Winfrey has privately advised Jennifer Aniston to stop waiting for the man of her dreams, and get a dog instead. Winfrey recently spoke to the former Friends star at length, says The National Enquirer, telling her that human romance invariably "makes life complicated and full of heartache," and that her own pets have "fulfilled her in a way that has never made her miss getting married or having children." Aniston was apparently not convinced by Winfrey's argument, and is currently dating singer-guitarist John Mayer.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

A Nebraska man saved his own life by using a steak knife to give himself a tracheotomy. Steve Wilder says he woke up in the dead of night to find that his airway had swollen shut and he couldn't breathe. Fearing he had no time to call for medical help, Wilder took matters into his own hands. "I got a knife, and located it and pushed in," said Wilder. He was able to breathe well enough to survive until he reached the hospital, where surgeons performed a second tracheotomy.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Christina Aguilera is astonished at what motherhood did to the size of her breast, says Us Weekly. "It's kind of hilarious," says the formerly petite singer,27, who is breast-feeding her 5-month-old-son. I've never fit into an E-cup before. I took at my husband and go, Guess what size this bra is? And when I tell him, he's just amazed. We keep the tags that prove it, to look back for memory's sake.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

A British man is considering legal action against surgeons who left a 4-inch metal rod in his head. Donovan McGowan,18 suffered blinding headaches for two months after surgery following a car accident. When he finally went for an X-ray, he recounted, "They said, This is quite embarrassing, but there is something metallic still in your head." But its more than embarrassing for me having to walk about with this lump on my head. The object has since been removed.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

A team of German firefighters tackling a burning building called police after discovering a drunken imposter in their ranks. The 38-year-old man, dressed in a firefighter's uniform, told police he had rushed to the fire station upon hearing the alarm and was helped into his gear by other firefighters. When questioned as to his motivation, the man responded, "When fire breaks out, it's all hands on deck."

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

A Maine woman who was reaching into her washing machine for cloths got a shock when she found a writhing , 8-foot long python. "I put my hand back in there to get more," said Mara Ranger," and something moved. I jumped back and all of a sudden its head starts coming out. Wildlife officials dertermined the snake squeezed into the house via the water pipe.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

A wall street broker has given it all up to become a monk in a Belgarian monastery. Histo Mishkov, 32 who sold high-tech stocks on the Nasdaq exchange, says he grew disillusioned with high finance and his luxurious Manhattan lifestyle. "If someone consumes more than they have earned," he says, "it means someone else is starving." Despite the career change, Mishkov continues to work a brutal schedule, rising at dawn to tend a herd of cheese-producing buffalo.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

TTT

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

TTT

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

TTT

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

TTT

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

TTT

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Customs officials have dogs that are trained to distinguish between Cuban cigars and all other cigars.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Salma Hayek breast-fed a stranger's child on a recent trip to Sierra Leone. The 42-year-old actress is currently nursing Valentina, her 1-year old daughter, but was moved to share her bounty with a hungry baby whose mother couldn't produce any milk. "You should have seen his eyes," says Hayek. "When he felt the nourishment he immediately stopped crying.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

TTT

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

TTT

Return to “Games, Birthdays, Welcomes, Trivia & More”