Convo Refs on Saturday

General Chat
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Convo Refs on Saturday

Post by Ironman92 »

I was not there for Alexander/Piketon but I thought the refs did a nice job in the LC/Burg, OH/PV and EP/SE. I thought they were excellent in the OH and Eastern Pike games...very few missed calls I thought.

Good to see, makes games even more enjoyable.

Keep up the good work

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Convo Refs on Saturday

Post by 93Bulldog »

Been really good all tournament if you ask me.

Alex/Piketon officiating was fine today as well, IMO, I92. My Spartan friends may disagree with me, but I spoke with the ref after the game and both the player and coach were warned before getting hit with the T. I know things can get emotional, but if a ref warns you about something - the onus is back on you. Not the ref.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

2 or those 3 refs sucked

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

93Bulldog wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:23 pm Been really good all tournament if you ask me.

Alex/Piketon officiating was fine today as well, IMO, I92. My Spartan friends may disagree with me, but I spoke with the ref after the game and both the player and coach were warned before getting hit with the T. I know things can get emotional, but if a ref warns you about something - the onus is back on you. Not the ref.
It is easy to justify away, but there is no reason to get those technical fouls by the player or the coach. I do not blame the officials at all for those calls. It is not the officials fault that the technical fouls were called. At a certain point you have to take ownership of your actions.

Still love the Spartans, but I hate we lost that game today.

Go Alex.

ronm001
Freshman Team

Post by ronm001 »

mlittle wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:25 pm 2 or those 3 refs sucked
How or what calls did they miss?they called it pretty even

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

The post 2 above is a Top Ten post.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

spartans_fan wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:44 pm
93Bulldog wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:23 pm Been really good all tournament if you ask me.

It is easy to justify away, but there is no reason to get those technical fouls by the player or the coach. I do not blame the officials at all for those calls. It is not the officials fault that the technical fouls were called. At a certain point you have to take ownership of your actions.

Still love the Spartans, but I hate we lost that game today.

Go Alex.
+1,

tough way to lose when you controlled the game for so long. But Alex kids play very hard and was a fun game to watch.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

ronm001 wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:51 pm
mlittle wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:25 pm 2 or those 3 refs sucked
How or what calls did they miss?they called it pretty even
You can call a game even and still be terrible. They missed several travel calls, called traveling several times when it wasn’t, Perdue should’ve shot 113 foul shots. They called a carry on a behind the back dribble. (First time seeing that) The box out foul on Lightle. You don’t call a T on a coach down 4 with 20 seconds left unless he threatens to wipe out your entire family’s existence regardless how many times you “warned” him. If you’ve let it go that long then let it go another 20 seconds. The calls probably leveled out at some point and I know overcoming bad refs is just part of the game but let’s not pretend they were good just because we won.

ronm001
Freshman Team

Post by ronm001 »

The foul on little yes the behind the back wasnt a carry no it was a walk went to go behind kinda held it on hip and took steps. The t on coach was warranted he was out of control. Perdue gets hammered everygame if wr hit him when flashes open and not be late with the pass he would have much less help d on him we cant pass it on the paint or we won't dont know which it is

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

[quote=ronm001 post_id=1648486 time=1520173088 user_ Perdue gets hammered everygame if wr hit him when flashes open and not be late with the pass he would have much less help d on him we cant pass it on the paint or we won't dont know which it is
[/quote]

Could someone please interpret this?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I do not under stand anything but English.

Must have been typing with their mouth full.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
bucknuts09
Freshman Team

Post by bucknuts09 »

The refs were OK, the Alexander coach showed up the young ref the whole game then finally hurt his team in the end! The refs do not miss layups or do not rebound long rebounds when you can follow your shot !

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

ronm001 wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:18 am The foul on little yes the behind the back wasnt a carry no it was a walk went to go behind kinda held it on hip and took steps. The t on coach was warranted he was out of control. Perdue gets hammered everygame if wr hit him when flashes open and not be late with the pass he would have much less help d on him we cant pass it on the paint or we won't dont know which it is
Most of our guards struggle to get the ball in the post to him. “Most” sometimes it looks like they don’t want to but I mostly think they just can’t.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Yeah the Alexander refs were bad

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

bucknuts09 wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:12 am The refs were OK, the Alexander coach showed up the young ref the whole game then finally hurt his team in the end! The refs do not miss layups or do not rebound long rebounds when you can follow your shot !
Shooters should never be worried about following their shot. It’s just something parents and some coaches yell to make themselves sound like they know what they’re talking about. Telling a player to follow their shot is terrible advise for a shooter who should only be worried about making the shot and holding the proper follow through.

As far as the technical on the coach, I’m glad it happened it pretty much sealed the game for us but like I said before, if the coach had been doing it the whole game then T him up earlier and set the tone. Don’t call it with 20 sec left in the game with his team down 4.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

TVC wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:37 am [quote=ronm001 post_id=1648486 time=1520173088 user_ Perdue gets hammered everygame if wr hit him when flashes open and not be late with the pass he would have much less help d on him we cant pass it on the paint or we won't dont know which it is
Could someone please interpret this?
[/quote]

He’s saying Perdue gets fouled a lot and our guards suck at throwing the ball 2 him when he posts up or flashes in the paint. Both true

bucknuts09
Freshman Team

Post by bucknuts09 »

Does Piketon have a bunch of pure shooters, all I'm saying if you are shooting bricks and there are long rebounds go get the ball, saw a lot of standing around! Who knows what the coach said ?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Sort of funny how people view the coach getting the T, when his team was down 4 with 20 sec left. Should the ref sit back and say man, this game has 20 sec and it's close I guess I'll just allow the coach to get out of control on the sidelines and set a precedent for all coaches to follow that I as a ref will allow anything on the sideline?? Or should the coach KNOWING his team is in trouble down 4 with 20 sec left and other team is getting the ball instruct my team on what we need to do next and keep my mouth shut about the officials??? Have to lean on a time and place for a coach getting a technical if the coach finds his team down 8-9 with 20 sec to go then by all means get out of control and get that T, doesn't mean anything in the game. If your team is trying to scratch and claw there way back in you shut your mouth and you as a coach simply don't hurt your team like that. Would they have won the game if he doesn't get the technical probably not, but you know what he did was seal the deal for his team and as a coach to take the opportunity away from his players well that's on him and I hope he apologized for helping seal the deal on their season. Like I said probably doesn't matter either way but show respect to your team by allowing THEM to fight it out on the court not take the opportunity away from them like he did.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

greygoose wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:47 am Sort of funny how people view the coach getting the T, when his team was down 4 with 20 sec left. Should the ref sit back and say man, this game has 20 sec and it's close I guess I'll just allow the coach to get out of control on the sidelines and set a precedent for all coaches to follow that I as a ref will allow anything on the sideline?? Or should the coach KNOWING his team is in trouble down 4 with 20 sec left and other team is getting the ball instruct my team on what we need to do next and keep my mouth shut about the officials??? Have to lean on a time and place for a coach getting a technical if the coach finds his team down 8-9 with 20 sec to go then by all means get out of control and get that T, doesn't mean anything in the game. If your team is trying to scratch and claw there way back in you shut your mouth and you as a coach simply don't hurt your team like that. Would they have won the game if he doesn't get the technical probably not, but you know what he did was seal the deal for his team and as a coach to take the opportunity away from his players well that's on him and I hope he apologized for helping seal the deal on their season. Like I said probably doesn't matter either way but show respect to your team by allowing THEM to fight it out on the court not take the opportunity away from them like he did.
I absolutely agree with this post 100%. He very well could have cost his team that game. I’d just like to see the ref call that earlier in the game

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Understand you would've liked to seen it called earlier in the game, however without knowing what was said maybe it wasn't warranted at that point. Ref calls it earlier in the game, Piketon hits the free throws we're in the same situation score wise. Nothing can predict that he learns his lesson and doesn't get another T with 20 sec. left to go in the game. Without knowing what was said earlier in the game and later in the game to get the T we can only speculate. I have to error on the side of the ref on this though, no ref is going to want to call that T in that situation unless the coach or player has gone above and beyond the code of conduct that is acceptable in that refs eyes.

Return to “The Off season”